ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 57 of 105

Shivas shakes her head at Kressel and replies. - Page 57 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Mar, 2014 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34319
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
23rd Mar, 2014 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 57

Game Master says...

"Bandits?" He replies. "So you caught the scum in this region. Oleg and Svetlana will finally have the revenue to pay full price for furs!

"I am a trapper and hunter. I just came from the forest, the northern edge. I don't like venturing too deep, the hunters all have wild stories of giant boar, ugly trolls and rare tatzlwyrm sightings. Out in the hills to the southeast I find wolves and sometimes worgs. They can be cunning, so I avoid them and hunt elk and small animals instead."

Sitting down to lunch, he has a poorer mix of dried bread, biscuits and lard. "You want to know what's out there? Nothing. Nothing but loneliness with danger for dessert. If that's what you're looking for, I can tell you that there's a large spider that has been a menace for a while. His hunting ground is almost directly south of Oleg's about 15 miles, but all the trappers know to avoid it.

"About the bandits, I don't know. I haven't been accosted yet, but there's been a few close moments. You don't get by in the forest without good senses."

As travel continues, you approach the wooden structure to an open gate and an armored man standing in the gap. From a long distance he appears to be hitting something. He turns to face the party, watches intently and retreats inside.

The party continues to walk forward and they see the man return on a horse, flanked by two other armored figures as well as Maerrun. A moment later, Oleg emerges, alleviating any concern from both sides as he waves to you and Tarak waves back.

When you get close, you see three men wear tabards of dark blue and the man on the horse has a crest on the front of his. It displays a grey mountain with a snow-capped peak under a crescent moon with a black hammer at its base. "House Garess," Tarak remarks quietly, "Of the mountains in west Brevoy. One of the 7 major houses."

Oleg begins "Welcome back, I hope all-"

The mounted man cuts him off, and in a serious and loud tone says "Explorers! I am Kesten Garess, here to protect this trading post from the bandit threat in the name of Restov. I see you have assisted me greatly and have even earned the reward for curbing banditry by bringing in at least 6 of them. These are the bandits, Oleg?"

"Yes," Comes the reply through gritted teeth. "I remember her." He points to the woman bandit.

Kesten points to a sheet of parchment nailed to the side of the guest rooms. There are 3 notices posted that weren't there before.

"You will receive your payment of 400 gold in a week. Now, lets get the trials and executions over with."

Out of Character: 100 experience for completing a side quest you didn't even know about! Shivas can be leveled up to 2, since I plan to move the game to the fast experience track. I will make a post when I find time.



Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2014 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas looks at Kesten. "As long as the trials are just. I will not execute some one who is truly repentant."

Shivas turns to Oleg, and cuts off her conversation with Kesten just as quickly as he had interrupted Oleg. "How have you fared while we where gone?"

Attached Image Edited: Canabusis on 25th Mar, 2014 - 2:08am



25th Mar, 2014 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Kesten looks extremely displeased at being cut off. Oleg replies, "We have been excellent! We were able to send off the goods and make some trade credit. That, and the warm weather has melted straight through the ice, our seedlings are looking well. Would you like to come stable your horses and have a seat for a late lunch? You will be glad to know a trapper identified tree horses by their mark and they are being returned to the owner, the others are unmarked and for sale. Looks like you got an unmarked one, Theaton."

After their answers, hearing a break in the conversation, Kesten replies, "It's unlikely they will be reformed. You should have saved the trouble of bringing them with you and just executed them." He looks over the bandits with an intimidating glare.

"I have been told that your group is the one that holds the charter, that makes you responsible for deciding who to execute, but as I am acting for Restov at the moment, I must offer assistance in any way you want. Do you want me to interrogate them first, get them to lose a few fingers or brand them as thieves? They should all be branded so the next time they are caught, they can face true justice."

Maerrun, standing behind Kesten's horse, speaks up, "I'll help Voyevoda Garess however possible." He points out an older bandit with brown hair and the woman bandit, saying, "They should know all the useful details. I'm sure us professionals will know how to extract the information we need."

"Indeed," Kesten replies. "Just the two I would have picked. Hand them over and don't follow us into the leftmost guest room. You may want to block your ears, if they don't cooperate."

Out of Character: I have made the announcement about the fast experience track, so Shivas (And Theaton) should be second level now. Will you have the character sheet up soon, need help?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 25th Mar, 2014 - 12:29pm



25th Mar, 2014 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 57 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas kindly declines Oleg's offer of a late lunch. "We stopped and ate already. But I thank you for your offer."

Shivas shakes her head in disagreement towards Kesten. "No I think I will oversee the interrogations. If I need your assistance I will tell you. You may however accompany me. I do believe that every man and woman should indeed be branded a thief, this should deter any further bad decisions on their part in the future."

Shivas looks around at the group of bandits expressions. "I think that is fare that you all be branded for your actions up to this point, any further punishment depends on each individual and how well you cooperate. I am not uncaring, but I will also not stand for any who are unrepentant and uncooperative. Is that clear?"

Shivas then takes Kressel and only Kressel to be interrogated.

She looks upon Kressel with all seriousness and begins her questioning. "Where is this Stagg Lord? How many men does he have with him? What information of importance can you supply me with?"

If Kressel is cooperative then Shivas listens intently. If Kressel is uncooperative then Shivas tells her that she can leave her to Kesten's methods of interrogation to see if that might loosen her tongue.



Post Date: 25th Mar, 2014 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Out of Character:. I am back I will work on being more active once again. I will get Theaton leveled up and posted [in the] character thread.

In Character:. Theaton will take the horses and lead them to the stables where he will off load all the supplies and goods they helped us transport. He will rub down and care for all the horses to make sure they all are well cared for. Theaton will sit by the gear until we figure out what to do with it all. He will keep an eye on the other bandits if there is one to watch them.

26th Mar, 2014 - 4:53am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

"Understood, miss," Kesten replies. "I'll watch over the others." He orders his men to get the gates closed and barred.

Kressle at first seems uncooperative, "And what do I get out of helping you? I'm just going to have a burn mark and bruising from all your rough treatment. Look at my lips! They're sore on the edges from the terrible gag material that half-elf used. I bet when you untie my wrists, they will have scarring. Do you want to check? Here, just cut the knot."

Shivas says, "So you would prefer if I left you to Kesten's way of loosening your tongue."

She giggles inappropriately and says, "You want to treat me worse, to get words out of me? You think that man scares me? If you let me off and give me the food and some coin to get to the next town, I'll find myself a job and never bother another soul. Then I'll tell you what you want to know.

"But if I'm branded I'll be an exile for life and never have a steady job. Let that hunk torture me, you'll never get an answer."

Theaton offloads the horses and the pile of loot
6 Short swords
6 Longbows
80 Arrows
6 Leather Armors
A Vial of brown liquid
1 Studded leather
2 Masterwork Hand axes
4 Daggers
5 Tents
1 Bear trap
A pair of silver earrings estimated to be worth 12 gold
1 small box with a turning handle and access panel that rings with a fine mechanism when moved
1 Polished case with 8 bottles of herbal liquor
1 Stone with a lightning carving

The bandits who were roped to the horses, now find their ropes bound to the railings and posts inside the stable. It makes for a good jail, with a low front wall so that it's possible to look in, yet hard to climb out in a hurry.

Out of Character: KNtoran, don't worry about it, this is a short resting moment in the game. Please include 180 additional XP I forgot to award, total should be 1785, if I recorded correctly.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2014 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 57

Theaton will replenish his arrows out of the 80 then he will take the largest quiver full for a back up if the others feel that is right.

26th Mar, 2014 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 57

Shivas shakes her head at Kressel and replies. "How am I supposed to trust that you will keep your word? I can not let you go until I have the information that I need. I am not one to use barbaric measures to gain information, but I am at an impasse."

Shivas then says to Kesten "Watch her, but do not touch her yet. I need to think about how I want to proceed. This is a very important matter."

Shivas then retreats to her room to pray to Sarenrae for guidance. After her prayers she seeks out Theaton for advice. "Theaton my friend I do not know how I should proceed. I do not wish to cause harm to those who are truly repentant, but how am I to know who is truly honest and who is not?"

Shivas then looks to the bandits tied in the stable. "I must put an end to banditry, but I do not feel I can trust any of you. How would you suggest that you all could prove your worth?" She listens to all that is said and mulls it over.

What would be the best way to handle such things? A plan forms in her mind. She could possible release a couple of the bandits and make them help with the work here at Oleg's and see how they do and if they try to escape? Should she have them branded? Will that really keep them from honest work? Perhaps she can keep the most trusted of the bandits to aid her in her cause? Oh Sarenrae please guide me!

Out of Character:: Diplomacy check for Kressel: 11+5=16
Diplomacy check for bandits:17+5=22
Is there ever any answers from her prayers? Or perhaps a feeling?





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.