ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 91 of 105

The priest replies, "I can't - Page 91 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Sep, 2015 - 11:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 105 pgs.  87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 33960
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2015 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 91

Shum angry at the thought of his goat being slaughtered let's out a gutteral roar and swings wildly at the eagle who is attacking the goat.

Leaving himself wide open he pivots around and like a young boy swatting a fly attempts to knock the second eagle from the sky.

Bleeding from what he considers minor scratchs he attempts to finish off the eagle by removing his head from his body with a wide arching swing.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Sep, 2015 - 4:02am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Shum misses the eagle attacking the goat as it buffets wind in his face and flies back. It retaliates with both talons and a bite, scratching at Shum's face and causing major damage (4, 5, 3 damage). The other eagle swoops back down to flank and scratches Shum's shoulder (3 damage).

Shum's next swing cracks a wing bone and the eagle plummets to the ground, unconscious. The remaining eagle sees that it cannot win this fight. It scratches one last time (4 damage), pushes against the air and tries to fly under Shum's arm. But he reacts too quickly and an opportunity swing cuts the eagle's head straight off.

The goat has been struggling against the rope and just managed to get itself more tangled up. Normally I will describe the scene, but I like how you selected targets.

Out of Character: I reckon you shouldn't assume combat will go as expected, see your first attack roll.

You can use the x3 to roll more d20's on one line and please don't forget damage next time.



Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2015 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Shum bleeding profusely, whispers I'm sorry, before bringing his heavy sword down and putting the goat out if it's misery. He falls to one knee and surveys the carnage around him and staggers over to the unconsious eagle. He hoists his sword and drives it through the eagles skull leaning heavily on the hilt for support.

After calming down and regaining some strength he drags the three bodies close to the river before diving in to rinse the blood from his body.

After what seems like hours he starts a small fire and field dresses the three animals taking his time to try to preserve as much of each animal as possible never knowing what he could use for what project. He enjoys some roast goat before heading back to the city knowing he needs some help. He stuffs what he can in his backpack, throws some over his shoulder and ties what ever else he can to his waist.

Shum heads back to town hoping to find an open room so he can rest before trying to find soneone who can patch him up and he can start working on his latest fashion creation.

Out of Character: ...I have no idea what I am doing but am a quick learner so all the pointers help. I will continue to learn and grow with each new thing, combat seems confusing so far. I started writing offline so it is easier to write, then I can cut and paste. The dice roller takes a while and I will have to see what I am doing wrong didn't see a place for damage.

24th Sep, 2015 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 91 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

It is well past sundown when Shum reaches the city's north gate. The guards come down bearing torches and when they see the state he's in, they raise the portcullis quickly and help him in. One stays at the gate as the other escorts you to the cathedral of Erastil.

The immense wooden structure is overgrown with vines sprouting from its well tended gardens. Above the doorway a large bow is carved into the wood, fashioned to look like it's made of antlers with a nocked arrow, Erastil's holy symbol.

The fur-clad clergy show Shum inside and take you past the pews seating a few faithful praying into the late hours. "You look terrible," An elderly female cleric says. She looks at the animals tied to Shum's waist, "Were you attacked by some eagles while hunting? That's why we're here, to help honest hard-working folk like you and to serve Erastil, the hunter."

"We can offer you healing spells but would require a donation and we need you to have some faith in Erastil. One of those birds would be a worthy tribute, or more if you can spare it. And say a simple prayer as we treat your wounds."



Post Date: 25th Sep, 2015 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shum bows his head weary from the travels. "You may have both eagles as I have many wounds but may I collect a few items from each as I will need them to support my business?"

"I will gladly bow my head and follow you in prayer, with all these scars I have had many faithful souls patch me up and each time I am forever grateful."

Shum cuts loose his load and slumps down his packs in the corner relieved to have a place to rest and to have his wounds healed. He knows tomorrow there will be more battles to fight which will leave more scars and so on and so forth for as long as he breaths. He knows this is his life's purpose and plans on doing the best he can at it.

Shum pulls out 5 sp and hands it to the elderly cleric. "Hopefully this will get me a room for the night and maybe some hot food in the morning? If there is anything else you need please let me know."

26th Sep, 2015 - 4:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

Shum repeats as she chants, "Protector of the frontier and keeper of nature, we beseech you to heal the wounds of your faithful, gained in the pursuit of your most holy work."
Her hands and holy symbol glow faintly as the room fills with the fresh smell of pine and Shum's wounds begin to close (7 damage healed).

"He has smiled upon you," She says and takes your offerings, "We should have a private room right this way. I can come for the eagles in an hour when you're ready."

The room you're given can lock but the clerics hold a copy of the key you're given. It is furnished with a soft woollen bed, bedside table with a pot of flowering blue irises, and desk with holy scriptures on it. Shum collects the feathers quickly and soon finds sleep. (1 healed overnight)




Shum wakes to the sound of birdsong outside and sunlight pouring through the window. There's a man standing over him, singing in deep tones as he washes and applies paste to Shum's wounds. Two teenage boys and a girl watch and learn.

"You're awake," Says the man. "I trust your rest was good, but I must ask you to stay in bed today. You suffered more than I've ever seen and managed to come back to town. We will heal you today but must prioritise more serious patients as they come in.

"You're not a local, are you? I'm only asking because a man was looking for someone of your description today. When I admitted you were here he just said 'good, he can stay behind.'"

Out of Character: Oh, and the two eagles were worth 400 XP together. I always seem to forget XP.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2015 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 91

Shum looks up at the man worried. "Please tell me where he was headed, he is going to be so mad at me."

Shum gets up still groggy from yesterdays fight and starts stuffing everything into his backpack, as quick as his body will let him. He looks over at his bedside table hoping to see some food he can grab as he sits back on the bed looking worried.

28th Sep, 2015 - 11:19am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 91

Game Master says...

The priest replies, "I can't say where exactly. I didn't think to ask. I just saw him turn the corner towards the north gate with his three guards and his lady. He seemed more relieved than angry at the time."

The cobwebs begin to clear from Shum's mind, he thinks this should only be the second day of 3 days off.

"You really must relax, please rest and we will attend to you in time."

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 28th Sep, 2015 - 11:25am





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.