Embedded Dice Support - Page 3 of 14

Something to consider... I noticed some Dungeon - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Sep, 2015 - 1:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
1st Jul, 2015 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support - Page 3

I have not been able to figure out the dice roller. So I am looking for help. I am not sure how to activate it. I fill in the information, yet no dice show up. Do I need to add a code in the text to include the dice roller results?

Ibdman Character Results:
  • Test on D6 (+0): 6 (1 roll)
  • Test on D12 (+0): 8 (1 roll)
  • Test on D100 (+0): 4 (1 roll)
  • Test3 on D20 (+1): 10, 6 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
1st Jul, 2015 - 3:33am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Each Dice type will only roll (Be activated) if you put a reason for the roll in the "Dice Roll Purpose" Field. Your own test rolls above is an example of that.

Due to the anti-cheat mechanism if you forget to roll and post your message you cannot go back and edit your message to then insert a roll. That needs to change, I have not reached there yet dues to time constraints.

2nd Jul, 2015 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

Dice Roller Update

I just finished coding an option that allows Players to use the Dice System if they forgot to Roll when they first made their Post.

Let's say you just made a Post to a game but forgot to make some required Dice Rolls, the first thing you do is click the "Edit" Button of your Post. From there you will be told if the Dice is enabled or not. If it is enabled then you will be shown the amount of time left before the edit limit has been reached. You can now proceed to make your Dice Roll(S) and press the usual Save button. Your Dice Rolls will now be part of your Post.

Beware: This is a plan B system if you forgot to make any of your Dice Rolls. It is not to meant to enable you to make additional or correct wrong Dice Rolls you would have made. Therefore, care should be taken when using the Embedded Roller - make sure to fill in the fields properly, choose the correct dice, bonus amount, etc.

Example: I just edited this Post and made my Dice rolls.

Dice Master Results:
  • Dice 1 on D20 (+0): 14, 2, 2, 2, 6, 2 (6 rolls)
  • Dice 2 on D20 (+0): 1, 6, 8, 5, 5, 6 (6 rolls)
  • Dice 3 on D20 (+0): 9, 3, 9, 13, 17, 6 (6 rolls)

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2015 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Page 3 Support Dice Embedded

Very good thanks for doing that Jay as I have forgotten to roll a few times as has many others I believe.

14th Jul, 2015 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Possible Added Dice Options

In one Role-playing Game I noticed that some Players chose to use the dice system to roll up a Character rather than use the Text Role-playing Game Creators suggested generators. This made me think if I could have an option to present a series of D20s and D6s far beyond the full range options which does present some extra rolls. Is this really needed or could it have been done with is already there?

16th Jul, 2015 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support

I don't know about the character building dice as I use the generators but I have a suggestion for how it appears on a mobile. It has a long scroll from where the post is made to the submit button. What about a button that opens the dice only if its needed?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jul, 2015 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 3

Ignoble says...

Thanks for your suggestion. I originally had it that way, but I felt there would be a lot of problems on the user's end trying to figure out how to enter the info. I may consider it again for a future update.

24th Sep, 2015 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Ignoble says...

Something to consider...

I noticed some Dungeon Master / GM like to use the Embedded Dice as their Dice Rolls in the game. There are some pros and cons to this:

Pros: The Players can see the Dungeon Master is not fudging rolls or exaggerating. It is convenient for the Dungeon Master.

Cons: The Players can see rolls being made and get edgy or change their action based on it especially if the action tells what might happen.

Therefore, something to consider might be, should the Dungeon Master's rolls be shown to anyone of if they are maybe not shown until days after or does it even really matter at all? Thoughts?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,