Embedded Dice Support - Page 6 of 14

So I am putting forth some coding prep for - Page 6 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Nov, 2015 - 3:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 14 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
15th Nov, 2015 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 6

Ignoble says...

Alright, I believe I know what to do (In theory); I will create an option in the Character Sheet for the Player select how many extra Dice Fields they need in batches of five (10, 15, 20) and so forth and then make that available accordingly using the current code. In other words, the same dice box we have now but replicated. I will Post an update when it has been tested and completed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

You are awesome and your talent makes me envious! I've tried looking at code to teach myself to no avail. Thank you for the service you provide!

16th Nov, 2015 - 12:44am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

Added Dice Fields!

I have added 15 more Dice Fields for Players who need to make multiple Rolls for various actions, their familiar or summoning creatures. This brings the total Dice fields to 20! Each of those fields has a multiplier by 6 which means you can have a possibility of 120 Dice rolls in an instant! That does not even include the Full range rolls that are available. Exploding Dice can work with all those fields.

I have made this accessible to all Players via the "Add Reply" Button. It is not available through the Quick Reply because it is meant to be just that: quick! Therefore, if you know you need to make more Rolls than five separate Rolls please use the "Add Reply" Button instead.

To prevent lots of scrolling because of the extra fields I've curtailed its environment to a box that you scroll. On Mobiles this may appear as a box with no scroll bar but if you move it with your finger you will see the rest of the Embedded Dice.

See it in action below:

Dice Master Results:
  • Skeletons attack on D20 (+0): 13, 9, 1(-2), 20(+1), 17, 4 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Skeletons damage on D6 (+0): 1, 6, 3, 1, 6, 3 (6 rolls)
  • Goblins attack on D20 (+0): 4, 9, 19, 17, 10, 15 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Goblins damage on D4 (+0): 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 1 (6 rolls)
  • Search for clues on D20 (+3): 9 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Mages attack on D20 (+0): 18, 2, 18, 9, 3, 16 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Lightning damage on D20 (+0): 8, 2, 10, 17, 2, 12 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Lions attack on D20 (+0): 8, 9, 14, 14, 13, 13 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Lions damage by bite on D20 (+0): 4, 6, 18, 15, 19, 12 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Lions damage by claw on D12 (+0): 9, 1, 3, 7, 1, 8 (6 rolls)
  • Players satisfied on D100 (+0): 47, 16, 40, 44, 78, 99 (6 rolls)
  • Players playing on D20 (+0): 10 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Players in D&D on D20 (+0): 2 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Players who like Scifi on D20 (+0): 16 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Players playing Horror on D20 (+0): 7 (1 rolls + explode)
  • GMs rolling dice on D20 (+0): 1(-8), 15, 10, 15, 2, 13 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Coders coding on D2 (+0): 2 (1 rolls)
  • Players liking Comics on D6 (+0): 3 (1 rolls)
  • Players who want... on D100 (+0): 99 (1 rolls)

28th Nov, 2015 - 1:09am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 6 Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Testing

Currently implementing "Start #" which will give a D12 die roll an option like this 2-12 instead of only 1-12. This will make 2D6 + bonus easy to implement.

At present, ONLY the first field of Quick Reply has this activated. You can basically ignore this as I work out the details of it.

28th Nov, 2015 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Support Dice Embedded

Its fantastic the kinds of things this site does. The only thing that might happen with the new selection is someone mistakening it for the number of dice rolls.

28th Nov, 2015 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support

Ignoble says...

That did come to mind but I figured that:

1. I will make a detailed example once I'm done that anyone can reference via the Help button.

2. If a Player does make a mistake it will be just one time because either they will figure out what went wrong or their GM / other Players will tell them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Nov, 2015 - 2:29am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 6

Ignoble says...

Introducing Start Die #

Now in addition to selecting the type of Die you want to use you can also choose the lowest number of that die between 1 to 4.

Application

This can be applied in cases where rule books require 2D6 in order to get a 2-12 result. Dice do not traditionally come as 2-12 hence the request in games where D6 is the prime roll. We are dealing with technology here, so there is no need to worry about making a 2D6 roll. Instead what you do is this: select D12 as your Die choice and 2 as your Start #. This will give you the same effect as 2D6 and you can also apply your bonus and roll it 6 times per field.

This also applies in all other roll types. For instance there are weapons that might do 2-4 damage, therefore you need only select a D4 as your Die and a Start # of 2.

Anti-cheating

A GM will be able to tell if you selected a Start # other than 1 because it will show a note on each die roll with the number you chose. For example "Rolled a D6 as D2-6". For those who do not select Start # then no note is shown.

Example:

To see how to select an alternative 2D6 roll to be made twice see the image below the example roll:

Dice Master Results:
  • A 2D6 alternative on D12 (+0): 10, 4, 6, 9, 6, 11 (6 rolls, as D2-12)

Embedded Dice Support
Embedded Dice Support (Hover)

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 6

So I am putting forth some coding prep for Savage Worlds (SW).

There is a term in SW called 'Acing' or 'Aces'.

Aces
All Trait tests and damage rolls in Savage Worlds are open-ended. That means that when you roll the highest number possible on a die (A 6 on a d6, an 8 on a d8, and so on), you get to roll that die again and add it to the total. This is called an "Ace." Any modifiers to the die roll should be tacked on after adding up an Aced roll. -Savage Worlds: Deluxe Explorer's Edition, pg. 70.

Would an 'Aced' roll, require me as a GM to request another roll from the initiating player, or could we set up a trigger that would auto roll until the 'Acing' condition is no longer met?

Thanks JB.

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,