Embedded Dice Support - Page 10 of 14

That's happened to me a couple of - Page 10 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Feb, 2017 - 12:59pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Closed Q
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RPG Etiquette JB's SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2017 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

KNtoran
Diamond
(+)

Embedded Dice Support - Page 10

Yeah I understand that I have found some work arounds like with Krustens bow damage. Sometimes it just takes a bit of thought of how one can do it. I will have to look up that spell I thought it was 3d8+3 thus a dice roll would just be a d8+1 three times.

Yeah cure moderate is 2d8 +1 per level while cure serious is the 3d8 +1 per character level With a max of +15 on both.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2017 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Kyrroeth
Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

I don't think being able to be buy 20's is a good idea. No matter how skilled your character is there should be a chance of failure. I think buying a reroll or advantage as in 5e is fine as Aeric mentioned. There should be tension in the game. Death for your character should be a real possibility. Having one or more 20's guaranteed for you takes away from that.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think a method to ensure modifiers are added per roll or to the total roll is a good idea.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Page 10 Support Dice Embedded

The big problem I've run into when using the system are mistakes in the entries. Forgetting to add modifiers, selecting the wrong die size/number, etc. Double Checking is not too difficult to remember, but I've made a couple of mistakes, and seen others do so as well.

How difficult would it be to allow for the die settings to be edited during the half hour period before the results are shown?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

JB
Admin
(+)
Dice Master

Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Editing a Die roll or Dice rolls means the calculation changes, therefore the original submission will have to be deleted and redone. While I could add in an option to delete rolls and start over how will a Player know they made a mistake if they cannot see their rolls after submission?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support

Most of the time I make a mistake, I realize it only a few seconds after hitting the submit button.

But come to think of it. Perhaps the information most recently submitted to the dice roller could be displayed when editing the post?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

JB
Admin
(+)
Dice Master

Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 10 Embedded Dice Support

Ignoble says...

Showing anything will mean a major rewrite of the code. The only solution I can think of is if a Player forgets something at the last second then I can implement an option to delete the rolls and start over completely during the 30 minute edit period.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Hunter
Premium
(+)

Embedded Dice Support - Page 10

That's happened to me a couple of times (Forgetting something about my rolls). Usually I forget to add in the bonus most times or another roll to be made like initiative.

Attached Image Edited: Hunter on 14th Feb, 2017 - 1:27pm

Hunter Character Results:
  • Test on D20 (+0): 6 (1 roll)

Guest please SHARE: "Embedded Dice Support" on:

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Embedded Dice Support" do not be shy, give your input
Options Closed Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By SMF 1 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By Trans 1 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By Prodigy 4.8 Days Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By News 6.5 Days Ago Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Reformist 21st Nov, 2018 - 12:16am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes