Mousetrails Introduction - Page 18 of 21

I am very well aware that you have never twisted - Page 18 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Mar, 2008 - 6:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Bible Research
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2007 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 697
Flag Posts: 759
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 40

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 18

The California coastline angles from south east at San Diego away from me in a north west direction to Santa Barbara. We are exactly 110 miles straight north of Los Angeles, so we are very safe where we are. If you click on the site below you will see a live satellite picture of the Los Angeles area and the smoke.

https://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/1km/Oxnard/VIS1LAX.GIF

It happens almost every year when the yearly Santa Anna winds blow. The problem is started by some ding-a-ling firebug starting the fire on purpose and made much, much, worse by our environmentalist making laws that keep homeowners from clearing brush away from their homes. I cannot believe thinking, reasoning, human beings build houses in that brush and then let anyone tell them they can't protect their homes.
Anne and I live in the foothills where the fire danger is only range grass. We built our house with cement ( board ) siding and cement ( simulated ) shingles. We have had fire go right over us twice in 12 years and didn't lose a thing. The last time Los Angeles burned I listened to a contractor as the fire spread from house to house say, "Watch. The next two won't burn. I built them with cement siding and roofs." When the whole neighborhood was gone his two houses stood alone. I had better shut up. I'm sure this is more information than you wanted.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 24th Oct, 2007 - 12:12am

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Republican
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2007 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Mousetrails

I am glad is not affecting you at all. Most houses in Argentina and Trinidad are made of cement. When I was in the US, it was always interesting to me to see how most houses are built. Thanks for the update. smile.gif
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2007 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

The fiction book I mentioned earlier can be found now under "blogs" at
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....&f=269&t=26681&
I hope you find it interesting.

Mousetrails

Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2008 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Introduction Mousetrails

User Mousetrails, thank you for supporting the work done here by making a donation. Your account has been credited with the money you donated and can be viewed via your profile as Credit. Later you may use this towards FP / Upgrades or services provided by the Architect's Web Team.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2008 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Mousetrails

Thanks for supporting the Donation Drive, let me know if you are interested in my offer to you in the Donation Drive Thread.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2008 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction

I went back and read everything you wrote in the donation drive thread, but didn't see an offer aimed specifically at me. Which offer are you referring to?

JB, let me give you the benefit of some of my years on this earth. You may choose to totally ignore it. That's up to you. I'll make this as short as possible.

Several years ago I was doing handyman work and hated it. I was capable of so much more. By accident I fell into working on automatic-electric garage door openers. I had worked in radio, electronics, mechanical , welding, and owned my own businesses. I was charging $18 an hour. I was told door work was $47 an hour, which sounded like the moon. As I became more and more proficient I raised my price until 13 years later I was charging $38 for the service call and $100 an hour. I was still working 18 hours a day.

In another instance I just raised my eggs $1 a dozen today and still sold out.

My guess is that you could start raising your price for InternationalDiscussions until supply meets demand. Yes, you would lose some people, but where are the rest of us going to go? There isn't anything like this site anywhere, so we will pay the price. You will have less work and more money to show for it. And keep raising your price for membership until supply ( you ) and demand ( us ) are in a balance that you are comfortable with.

Just a suggestion, but I know from experience it works.

Mouse

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2008 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 18

Mousetrails this was my suggestion:

QUOTE (In response to your Thread request about Sons of God)
I think you mentioned that you wanted that Thread spruced up like the Mousetrails Thread was done. You have $30 credit right now, so if you want to add $40 I will do that, add some kind of graphic for it and yes, mention it in the next newsletter. How about that?

In other words with a further donation of $40 added to the $30 you already have as credit then I will make the Thread alive as I did for Mousetrails.

My guess is that you could start raising your price for InternationalDiscussions until supply meets demand.

This site survives based on donations, members are free to donate $5 or $1000 if they chose. As an incentive I have Upgraded accounts to encourage donating, but only a few do. The rest like the site, but are not willing to donate for whatever reason, possibly 'x' (make 'x' anything you like). I do not force anyone to donate and thus requesting more money from those who already donate is grossly unfair. If everyone that visited this Forum (excluding those who already donate) just gave $5 then I could have things really kicking here, but it is not so. However, never feel limited, if you are ready to donate your $2,000 so we can take care of current medical bills then by all means go ahead wink.gif.

Thanks for your participation / donations in the past and in the future.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2008 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 18

I am very well aware that you have never twisted my arm for money. My feeling is you are working too hard for nothing. If you charged $15, or $20 like other sites do, those of us that truly appreciate this site will find a way to stay with you. Are the rest that don't donate and keep you so busy worth your valuable time? What would you really lose if they just disappeared? I just feel you are giving away something very valuable, yourself, your ingenuity, and all your hard work.

If you have a superior product (you do) your best customers will stay with you. I have been charging $4 a dozen for range free chicken eggs for 10 years. Another farmer came to market that charged $5 and sold out every Saturday. I went through several "what ifs" before I raised my price to $5. I didn't lose a customer and made enough extra the first Saturday to pay for 2 sacks of feed. At least think about it.

What I had in mind for advertising my fiction in my private board was nothing more than a mention in your monthly news letter. It's worth $20 more in donations as soon as you do it.

Signature:
+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Mousetrails Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,