Mousetrails - The First Holy War - Page 3 of 29

Wow, I'm flattered to say the least. - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 30th Aug, 2006 - 7:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (29) »
Author: Keith Stephens
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2006 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

Mousetrails - The First Holy War
A Friend

Mousetrails - The First Holy War - Page 3

I will give my indepth review as soon as I'm finished. I take the time to look up each scripture my self because context is everything regarding scripture. So it is taking me longer, plus I'm slowing down for my wife because she likes discussing such things and she reads slower than me. I originally got the taste from my friend who bought the PDF copy and had planned on buying it and MT was nice enough to give me a copy so that I could critique it. I'm rather critical of nearly every religious oriented book both for an against and hold them to high standards. Keith is aware that everything I say won't be good, but then, thats me, and I will be honest. But so far, I really like it and just impressed that he took the amount of time to get and research all of these scriptures. The sheer amount of scripture used in this book is more than any apologectics books I have ever read.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2006 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

War Holy The Mousetrails

Well, I am finished with the book and thought you all might want my opinion on this as a whole. So I return to school and my book report days to adequately describe this book! laugh.gif

"Mousetrails - The First Holy War"
By: Keith Stephens

If you are looking to strengthen your religious fervor and belief in the biblical God, this book is not for you. If you would like to know the truth of what christianity and Judaism are founded on, you are in the right place. There will be very little opinion and commentary in this book that is not closely backed up with actual scripture. In fact, this book will often quote passages at long length, allowing the reader to gain insight into the context of what is being said. Very few books take context into account but rather use pin point scriptures to prove a point. In the case of Mousetrails, the scriptures do the talking.

No amount of commentary could say better what scripture says itself. Keith could have easily just popped up and said that God required and praise human victim sacrifice several times in the Bible, but thats not nearly as effective as quoting a scripture that says they burned victims as sacrifice to God all night. He had me throwing his book down and opening my Bible several times. While I was sure of my knowledge of the Bible, I seemed to have missed many of these scriptures. But make no bones about it, you will find them if you open your Bible as well.

I found that reading the Bible straight with no interpretation was extremely difficult. Despite my openmindedness, I still had difficulty accepting such ideals as a blood fetish. (Yes, thats blood fetish, but by definition is correct) Yet, in the end, it was all symantics because the point that this book is trying to make is done flawlessly. To read these scriptures and not question what you read is a travesty again the mind. "Mousetrails" brings forth the question of innocents. Why do the children suffer? And not just suffered, but deliberately destroyed by God, on his order, by sword. In the world of the Bible, innocents suffers the same fate as the guilty, often times, even when there is no guilty.

Masterfully researched, Keith Stephens has put together a book that at the very least will make you question everything you have known about the Old Testament. He makes outrageous claims, then backs them up with outrageous scriptures from the very Bible you are holding.

In the end, Keith maintains beliefs in Israels existence and in the New Testament Jesus. It is truly a book that gives you the bold faced truth, but allows you the hope of keeping your faith in the Christian Jesus. I don't believe I have ever read a book that releases so much brutal Biblical truth, while remaining faithful to its core teachings. The author and I think very much alike, yet come to different conclusions. This book allots you that option without telling you that there is only one explanation. He gives you the info, then his opinion, then leaves you understanding that ultimately your view is the only one that counts to you. If you are an open minded person, either religious or not, you should read this book. If you are closed minded, you have most likely already determined that you will not like or believe what you read and should thus not read the book.

11th Jul, 2006 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Mousetrails - The First Holy War Revealed Bible The

Konquererz, I asked you for straightforward brutal honesty and I got it. You found the exact essence of the book and I appreciate that. I wondered when I finished it if I had made myself clear. It seems I did. Since the book went into print, I have found in talking to people, that the curious, the doubtful, or any person that was force-fed their parents religion as a child will appreciate it. But if you are determined to hold on to the New Testament and shrug off the Old Testament as the unquestioned, "Word of God" then don't waste your money.

Thank you Konquererz for your book report. I appreciate your honesty.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2006 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 War Holy The Mousetrails

I appreciate your courage in writing a book like this. I know several people from what most religious people would call the "non-religious underground". They often cannot do things like come out to their parents about their beliefs because its nearly impossible to do in todays society. Any questioning of the bible makes you a leftist, a crack pot, of satan, or worse in some eyes, an atheist. It takes courage in a christian society to say something is wrong with their book. Great job, I continue to recommend it to others.

23rd Jul, 2006 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

War Holy The Mousetrails

Good Sunday morning from smoking hot California. I was wondering when you recommend the book what reactions you are getting from different types of people. Do you get everything from glassy eyes to honest interest?

Another question, and there is not another human in the world I would trust with my other un-published manuscript. Would you like to read my first manuscript where I approached my research from a fictional angle? It is as different from Mousetrails as daylight is from darkness.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2006 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Absolutely, send it my way and I guarantee I will read it and give you my honest opinion. As for other readers, I have one friend who bought it of your website off of my recommendation. I told him that god killed kids. Well, he asked me where, I told him to read the book and see for himself. Now, he is reading away and loving it! Others just don't want to really hear what they already know but deny in their mind.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Aug, 2006 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Mousetrails The Holy War - Page 3

Konquererz's review is so well liked by Mousetrails that I was given the assignment to ensure that it was highlighted on the site - and it is under the "Author" section.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2006 - 7:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mousetrails The Holy War The Bible Revealed - Page 3

Wow, I'm flattered to say the least. Usually my book reviews are either considered under the topic of "from a friend" or "to nit picky". Either way, people don't generally like me to review their work. Most people prefer me to just leave anything that isn't wonderful about their book out.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (29) »

> TOPIC: Mousetrails - The First Holy War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,