Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character - Page 6 of 12

I apologize, I had edited one of my last posts - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 12 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (12) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Create your Character for approval here. Please ensure to read and follow the guidelines on how to Create a Pathfinder Character in the first Post
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character
14th Oct, 2013 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character - Page 6

Trake,

It has come to my attention that the class feats are not all meant to be gained at once. All the feats for your class you gain at different levels so choose only one of those feats and fix the corresponding information and stats of your character. Sorry I had missed that.

Sponsored Links:
14th Oct, 2013 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Yeah, it seemed like a lot to give a level 1 sorcerer all those feats. After looking into it further, I noticed that I am not supposed to get any of those bonus feats until level 7. If you want to give me one now then I would appreciate, but it is up to you. I am posting a revised character sheet with none of the bonus feats or effects added.

Name: Salius Vistin
Race: Human Male
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Ability/Modifier:
[Strength].- 12/+1
[Dexterity]- 15/+2
Con- 12/+1
Int- 15/+2
[Wisdom]- 15/+2
[Charisma]- 19/+4 (Racial modifier)

HP- 8 (Used favored class bonus here)
Base Speed- 30
Initiative- +2
AC- 12
Touch- 12
Flat-Footed- 10

Saves:
Fortitude- 2
Reflex- 2
Will- 4

BAB- +0
CMB- +1
CMD- 13

*=Class Skill
Skill/Total Bonus=Ability Mod+Ranks+Misc Mod.:
Acrobatics/ 2=2+0+0
*Appraise/ 6=2+1+3
*Bluff/ 4=4+0+0
Climb/ 1=1+0+0
*Craft/ 6=2+1+3
Diplomacy/ 4=4+0+0
Disable Device/ 2=2+0+0
Disguise/ 4=4+0+0
Escape Artist/ 2=2+0+0
*Fly/ 2=2+0+0
Handle Animal/ 4=4+0+0
Heal/ 2=2+0+0
*Intimidate/ 4=4+0+0
*Knowledge(Arcana)/ 8=2+1+5
Knowledge(Dungeoneering)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Engineering)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Geography)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(History)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Local)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Nature)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Nobility)/ 2=2+0+0
*Knowledge(Planes)/ 2=2+0+0
Knowledge(Religion)/ 2=2+0+0
*Linguistics/ 2=2+0+0
*Perception/ 2=2+0+0
Perform/ 4=4+0+0
*Profession/ 2=2+0+0
Ride/ 2=2+0+0
Sense Motive/ 2=2+0+0
Sleight of Hand/ 2=2+0+0
*Spellcraft/ 7=2+1+4
Stealth/ 2=2+0+0
Survival/ 2=2+0+0
Swim/ 1=1+0+0
*Use Magic Device/ 8=4+1+3

Languages Known: Common, Celestial, Infernal, Draconic, Abyssal

Feats:
Enlarge Spell
Cosmopolitan/Draconic, Abyssal/Linguistics, perception

Special Abilities:
Bloodline/Elemental/Earth(Acid)
Cantrips
Eschew Materials
Elemental Ray 7/day: Ranged touch, 1d6, +1 for every 2 sorcerer levels

Traits:
Two-World Magic/Create Water
Arcane Student
Outlander/Lore Seeker - Ray of Frost, Acid Splash, Mage Armor

Spells:
Level 0 (Cantrips):
Spell Save DC: 14
Create Water: 2 gallons per level
Acid Splash: ranged touch 1d3, acid orb
Ray of Frost: ranged touch 1d3, cold or acid
Resistance: +1 on all saving throws
Detect Magic: detects spells and magic items within 60ft.

Level 1:
Spell Save DC: 15
Spells per Day: 4
Summon Monster I: 1 round cast time, 1 round per level duration
Mage Armor: +4 AC

Starting Money= 80gp
Weapons:
Morningstar/ 6 lbs. 1d8
Dagger/ 1 lbs. 1d4

Armor:
None

Gear:
Scholar's Outfit/ 6 lbs.
Backpack/ 2 lbs.
Bedroll/ 5 lbs.
Blanket/ 3 lbs.
Flint and Steel/ 0 lbs.
7 days Rations/ 7 lbs.
Hooded Lantern/ 2 lbs.
2 Oil Flasks/ 2 lbs.
Waterskin/ 4 lbs.
Belt pouch/ 1lbs.

Total Weight= 39 lbs.
Light Load= 43 lbs.
Medium Load= 86 lbs.
Heavy Load= 130 lbs.
Lift Over Head= 130 lbs.
Lift Off Ground= 260 lbs.
Drag/Push= 650 lbs.

Remaining Money= 49gp 2sp 0cp

The Vistin family has long been imbued with elemental earth magic, but it had rarely manifested itself until Salius Vistin was born. At a young age, Salius discovered that he had uncanny natural magical abilities, and his parents enrolled him in The Arcanamirium in Absalom. Because of his young age, only 13, he was given the rank of apprentice, but reached the rank of journeyman by the time he was 16. At 20, he attained the rank of maven and started his advanced studies to become an arcanscenti. As one of the final steps to achieving this prestigous rank, his instructors have tasked him with travelling to Varisia to study the ancient language and magic of the Thassilonians. After a long journey by sea, Salius arrives in Sanpoint harbor, ready to learn everything he can about the Thassilonians and attain the rank of arcanscenti.

15th Oct, 2013 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Trake,

For the sake of playing by the rules I would prefer not to give you one of the bloodline feats at first level. I should have noticed from the start that you only begin to gain such feats at 7th level. In saying that I would also like to ask you to make clear when you post the separation of your two characters. You can either opt to post twice, once for each character or make sure you post the actions of the two separately as I do when posting for you and KNtoran.

Your character is approved.

You arrive in Sandpoint on Toilday the 17th of Arodus. You are surrounded with the sounds of sea men unloading their wares for trade and sale. It smells of salt and fish as you get off on the dock. The wind blowing gently in your hair, the sun shinning adoringly on the town of Sandpoint.

9th Nov, 2013 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

I apologize for way overdoing this character but I did say it would be an involved process! It isn't a rogue as I first expected due to feat starvation, since I needed whip proficiency from the Bard class, and I believe the archetype does exactly what I imagined for the character. The Kitchen used in equipment is from the Downtime section of Ultimate Campaign, under the subheading Rooms and Teams. I made up a weight based on the weight of modern ovens (And the towel too, I hope everyone appreciates the reference). Also I hope the story isn't too long, I had to cover a lot of details and the words wouldn't stop coming.

EDIT: I can email you Excel documents of the Weight and Gold calculations if you want them. I posted it like this for readability. I wrote the ceck penalty for skills separately,

Twilek Gronleaf

Race: Halfling
Class: Bard(Archaeologist)
Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: Desna
Height: 3' 3"
Weight: 37 lbs
Hair: Parted Rust-Brown
Eyes: Brown

Strength 10 (0) [-2 racial]
Dexterity 19 (+4) [+2 racial]
Constitution 10 (0)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 8 (-1)
Charisma 14 (+2) [+2 racial]

HP: 8
Base Speed: 20'
Encumbered speed: 15'
Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (4 Armor, 2 Shield, 3 [Dexterity -1 enc. Penalty], 1 Size)
Touch 14, Flat-Footed 17

Saves:
Fort = 1
Ref = 7
Will = 2
(+2 vs Fear)

BAB: 0
Melee: +1
Ranged: +5
CMB: +3
CMD: 13

Skills: 6 +3(Int) +1(Favoured class)
ACP: -3 to all [Strength] and [Dexterity] skills
*=Class skill
*Acrobatics: 4+1+3+2 = 10 -3
*Climb: 0+1+3+2 = 6 -3
Disable Device: 4+1+0 = 5 -3
*Escape Artist: 4+1+3 = 8 -3
*Knowledge(History): 3+1+3 = 7
*Knowledge(Local): 3+1+3 = 7
*Linguistics: 3+1+3 = 7
*Perception: -1+1+3+2 = 5
*Spellcraft: 3+1+3 = 7
*Stealth: 4+1+3+4 = 12 -3

Languages:
Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Azlanti

Bard Spells Knows:
0th: Detect Magic, Know Direction, Open/Close, Sift
1st: Identify, Liberating Command

Spells per day
1st: 2

Class Features:
Bardic Knowledge
Archaeologist's Luck

Racial Traits:
Fearless
Halfling Luck
Sure-Footed
Weapon Familiarity: Slings
Keen Senses

Feats:
Agile Maneuvers

Traits:
Favoured Son, Sheriff [Campaign]
Helpful (Halfling) [Racial]
Rich Parents [Basic-social]

Starting Gold: 1060

Equipment:

Equipped:
Explorer's outfit
Leather Armor
Whip
Sling
Bullets, Sling (10)
Shield, heavy wooden
Wrist sheath (Spring loaded)
Dagger (Right WS)

Bandolier
Dagger
Wayfinder
Mirror, small steel

Waterproof Bag (Satchel)
Journal
Thieves' Tools
Sunrod {x2}
Rope, hemp 50'

Horse, Light {x2}

Carriage
Furniture:
Cot
Blanket
Chest, Medium
Lock, Simple (DC 20) on door
Kitchen
Consumables:
Candles {x20}
Oil {x5}
Mead {x2}
Halfling trail rations {x5}
Wandermeal {x10}
Tea
Feed {x30}
Flour 1lb {x5}
Coal 20lbs
Miscellaneous:
Animal Glue
Block and Tackle
Bucket
Canteen {x2}
Collapsible Plank
Cooking Kit
Folding Ladder
Flint and Steel
Grappling Hook
Grooming Kit
Mess Kit
Pole, 10'
Rope, hemp 50'
Scrivener's Kit
Shovel
Signal Whistle
String, 50'
Teapot
Waffle Iron, (Varisian 7 point star pattern)
Scholar's Outfit
Cards, playing poor quality
Towel, poor quality

Gold Remaining: 0.85

Weights (Light/Medium/Heavy)

Weight on person (33/66/100): 46lbs
Weight in Carriage: 660.5 lbs
Carriage: 600 lbs
Weight Pulled by 2 horses (456/918/1380): 1343.5

Twilek was born to Jard and Lily Gronleaf, nomadic gypsy halflings, on the 7th of Neth. The colorful displays and residual magic of the month's feast days to Nethys would have a permanent affect Twilek didn't unlock until much older. They travelled the Varisian deserts and plains, usually stopping in villages or towns or camping close to Shoanti tribes for safety without interfering and angering them. Lily was an entertainer by trade as well, adept in a multitude of performances whereas Jard provided for the family as a travelling merchant, able to buy most supplies and hunting or crafting whatever else.

Twilek was the second son, 5 years after Imiko and 2 before his sister Irlana and another 3 years before twin brothers Radu and Nicu. All of them shared their rust-brown hair yet their eyes were all different, apart from the twins' grey irises. It was impossible to tell Radu from Nicu and they enjoyed pulling pranks and blaming it on the other.

Life on the road was hard and after the twins were born the family was forced to settle to manage. The closest town friendly to halflings was Korvosa. Imiko was completely enthralled by the ships and inspired by the halflings who crewed them. When Twilek was 12, Imiko left on his first voyage, bringing back meagre savings to support the family. This continued for two years, until the day they received the terrible news that Imiko had turned to piracy.

All of a sudden, the family was ostracized by everyone they knew and business quickly dried up. It took every last favour his parents had in the city to leave the city on board a ship for Magnimar.

Magnimar was not welcoming either. Life in Underbridge was harsh and cheap; Twilek witnessed muggings and other crimes on a weekly basis. He shut it out of his mind by visiting the monuments that gave the city its title and recklessly climbing the crumbled arch bridge. The awe he felt looking directly at history overcame all other thoughts. Arrested for the umpteenth for trespass, one day a curious scholar noticed what she thought was a child in the cells and decided to talk to Twilek. Noting his interest in the ancient artefact, she revealed she was an agent of the Pathfinder Society and paid the pittance for his bail.

She led him to the Heidmarch Manor, which acts as one of many staging points for the society, and the centre of all missions into Varisia. As the centre was being repurposed from a home to a lodge, much work had to be done and he was given the mundane task of re-scribing the ancient books brought in from Absalom. So he learned as he recorded, returning day after day in the evenings, poring over books on every and any topic and earning a few silver in the process.

One day he was rerecording a table of all the previous pathfinders. "This record," Twilek grabbed the attention of his newfound tutor. "The last name is my mother's and the first name is mine!"

The tutor raised her eyebrows as she walked over and looked at the record, reading aloud despite the archaic font of the writing, "Twilek Sigani - Halfling - Trap finding, minor evocation - 4588AR to 4603AR - Venture Lieutenant- MIA after black dragon collapsed tunnels at site 5F2... I'm so sorry you had to read that. Reading records like this at your age...

"A Venture Lieutenant! No wonder exploring is in your blood. Such a prestigious position... There will surely be another book about him. Maybe you should cross reference the site code and go from there."

Twilek had been told he was named after an uncle on his mother's side, he never dreamt of something like this! He immediately did as he was told, ordering in chronicles of the site in Ustalav, specifically an ancient temple to Lamashtu, evil god of monsters. According to the books, the black dragon was an expected complication, but they didn't expect it to be as old and large as it was. Only two survived of the group of five. The survivors' records depicted various horrors both as frescoes on the walls and combating the very same in the corridors. This immensely excited Twilek rather than scaring him off and as he continued his work he also met with a few high-ranked pathfinders as the months passed.

However, Twilek's enjoyment was eclipsed by the harshness of life for his family. His father's store had been robbed twice and the other kids were housebound for fear of the outside. After just 8 months in town, the Gronleafs were on the road again, following the coast up to Sandpoint. Finally, a place they could be accepted and live freely! Except... Many people in town already knew of Imiko the pirate. And so the family were confronted by the sheriff.

The rest of the family stood against the back wall of The Hagfish as Jard stood defiantly against the sheriff, his small size juxtaposed against the built man.

"The people of Sandpoint won't wait to hear this," The sheriff said. "The family of the famous Imiko Gronleaf here in town."

"Don't you mean infamous?" Quizzed Nicu from the back.

The sheriff let out a hearty bellowing laugh. "Not at all! Why he's among the best things that have happened to the town! Without his generous donation, my guards would be starving! But see them now in their imported armour and uniforms!"

With that all the patrons in the inn applauded enthusiastically, and the family was accepted into the town quickly. They moved into a vacant house on Frog Alley (Behind 17), and all commenced working, the kids taking apprenticeships.

Two months later, they were relieved to meet Imiko in port after such a long time, yet he yearned for the sea and its adventures, leaving a small fortune for them and the town, apologizing for not being with them and stating that he was a man now. Jard accepted this as Lily cried, but they all came to terms with it eventually.

The years dragged on and Twilek had good relations with Sheriff Hemlock, argued with Brodert Quink, conversed with Chask Haladan and listened attentively to Mayor Deverin's adventure stories on the rare occasion. Then the town experienced the Late Unpleasantness, the Gronleaf family grieving with everyone else, but luckily unscathed.

During the rebuilding process, Twilek was called back to Magnimar for training with the Pathfinders and from there, sailed a long way to the Grand Lodge of Absalom. Surrounded by new experiences, purple and knowledge, his entire year in training went by like a flash to him. Numerous tests, challenges and missions later, he emerged victorious and a full-fledged society agent ready for adventure!

With the bounties of the City at the Centre of the World at his disposal, he prepares himself a wagon to live in permanently, painting it brightly in blue with a red roof and stashing adventuring gear inside. Sailing back to Magnimar, upon his return he hears of the opening ceremony that same day and only stays at the lodge to report in before heading back to Sandpoint.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 9th Nov, 2013 - 2:35pm

9th Nov, 2013 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Icon,

That is a wonderfully detailed backstory. I would like you to feel free to send me supporting documents that I may not have any reference to and anything that will help me to learn more about your characters information and equipment.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 10th Nov, 2013 - 1:58am

10th Nov, 2013 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character

Icon,

Your character is approved for play. I would still like your excel document for the equipment you carry and may come back to that if any discrepancies arise.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Character - Page 6

Ian Grump is just farmer's son. He has spent his 16 years of life working hard on the corn farms and animal barn in the Sandpoint Hinterlands. Since childhood, he always spent his free time climbing, running, or performing fighting maneuvers using farm implement and all sorts of other things. He was always a naïve person, but with plenty of willpower. Maybe his lack of Wisdom caused him to ignore danger at times, as he was very often found climbing to extremely dangerous heights, or balancing on the edge of a cliff.

On the age of 9, a goblin raid to the Sandpoint Hinterlands found his father brutally murdered, his guts brutally ravaged by a bugbear's dogslicer. Ian was unable to move, as he froze with terror, witnessing the gruesome act. The goblins left, taking what they could.

Ian spent the last 6 years staying with his only living relative, his grandfather Maester Grump, forging his hate for the bugbear and all goblins into a lust for revenge. Only 2 days after his father died, he already had found a bow and a sword to practice with. He practiced night and day"¦ 6 years of constant striving for perfection.

One day, a neighboring farmer's daughter, Seleen noticed him hitting at a tree. He was so absorbed by his routine that he did not notice her approaching. Seleen didn't care much about weapons and fighting; she only wanted to try and calm him down, as he was yelling at the top of his lungs: "I will get you! I will kill you! You shall pay for what you have done!". As Seleen touched his shoulder in attempt to get his attention, Ian quickly turned around and slapped her without thinking. Seleen fell to the ground, holding her hurt jaw. Ian has grown to be a strong young man, and a 14 year old girl couldn't possibly stand a hit that strong. Ian dropped his rusty, almost worn-out shortsword down, and immediately took care of Seleen by treating her wound.

Seleen was kind at heart, and she couldn't possibly hold a grudge against Ian, but she still wanted to know why he was acting like this. The two conversed for hours, and then started meeting almost every day, sharing their problems and concerns. Falling in love was inevitable. Ian saw in Seleen the goodness and purity that was still alive in the world around him, and Seleen saw in Ian a burning heart, full of energy and courage.

Ian wasn't a bad person at all. His rage is not to be mistaken with the random madness of a barbarian. He was disciplined, well mannered, and usually calm. However, the death of his father left a scar on his soul, and two years later, at the age of 16 he decided to go on an adventure to both find the bugbear murderer, and save other people from the unhappiness that he had to go through.

So he was ready to go, but didn't know where to! He remembered that the Swallowtail festival is almost due in a couple of days, and the town of Sandpoint was only a few hours away. He kissed his girl goodbye, and hugged his grandfather, thinking he may not return. On his way to Sandpoint Ian was sure that he"d find someone who can direct him in his fight against the goblins. He knows most of the people there, as he visits about once per month, to pickup supplies and sell farm product.

Ian is just starting his adventuring journey. He will have extremely poor equipments and is going to start out as a level 1 ranger, and then advance as a ranger or fighter, depending on what's going to happen to him. He will be mediocre in combat, but very brave and naïve. He seeks revenge for the death of his father. He wants to help secure safety and happiness, and generally the well-being of good people. He"d sacrifice himself any day to save someone else. He hopes to return to his beloved Seleen someday, as the two didn't get to consummate their love yet.

Ian is a Varisian 16 years of age, 1,70 meters tall, and weighs 70 kg. His eyes are brown and his hair is black and a bit long. He hasn't yet grown facial hair. He's always smiling, but (Perhaps with a sense motive) people with insight can detect deep depression in his eyes.

3rd Dec, 2013 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Character D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

I apologize, I had edited one of my last posts stating that you no longer start during the Swallowtail festival as the game has already started and the events that took place during that period are past. Currently in game it is 4 days past the the Swallowtail festival. It is Moonday the 5th of Rova in game. Perhaps your reason for going into town is to find more information about the goblin invasion that had occurred during the Swallowtail festival. The up to date events in game start on page 18. The day of the Swallowtail festival. The goblins would have attacked even the farmlands around Sandpoint at the time. You probably didn't see but one or two of the vile creatures during the invasion. The ugly beasts may have set fire to a number of things in your environment and possibly even accidentally even killed themselves in their pursuit of chaos.

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.