Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character - Page 7 of 12

I get 6+int modifier + 1 from favored class - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 12 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (12) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Create your Character for approval here. Please ensure to read and follow the guidelines on how to Create a Pathfinder Character in the first Post
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character - Page 7

Ok! I assume that means the background is acceptable? *smile* Should I start making the character?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2013 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

You may start making your character at any time, and may even have to adjust your background story in the proccess. When making your character and posting it for approval please include an updated background story with it.

Rather off topic, but...
On a side note, I am on my day off right now and have the ability to respond to your questions in a very timely manner. It is not always so. Sometimes it can take up to a day to receive a reply. And when inquiring on other Role-playing Game 's such as Icon's or KNtoran's may take even longer. Play by post can be alot slower to play. As schedules differ with everyone involved, some may only be able to post once a day or less then that at times. Just want you to be aware of this fact as you will have to have some patients when participating in play by post Role-playing Game 's.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 3rd Dec, 2013 - 7:10pm

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character Archive Pathfinder / D&D

- Human (Varisian), Ranger 1

- LG

- 13 [Strength] | 10 [Wisdom] | 12 [Charisma] | 18 [Dexterity] | 13 Con | 12 Int (The +2 Racial bonus was applied to Con)

- HP: 11 (10+1)

- Skills: Climb (+6), Handle Animal (+5), Heal (+4), Knowledge (Geography) (+5), Knowledge (Nature) (+5), Profession (Farmer) (+4), Stealth (+8), Survival (+4 or +5 when tracking), Knowledge (Local) (+6)

- Feats: Weapon Focus (Shortsword), Country Born.

- Traits: Favored Son (Belor Hemlock), Tireless Avenger, Seasoned Climber.

- Starting Wealth: 2p, 21g, 10s, 10c + Rusty Shortsword (Broken, may cause tetanus on hit), Longbow with 16 arrows, 2 Knifes (Daggers), backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, iron pot, a batch of firewood, a couple of towels, rope, torches (4), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.

- Favored Enemy - Goblinoids

I have no further changes to the background and as such decided to not spam any further by reposting it! Please tell me if anything needs changing! smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 3rd Dec, 2013 - 7:32pm

3rd Dec, 2013 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Johnathon,

I am going to start with the format in which you post your character. First look over the previously made characters to see how their stats are posted. I would like you to post your information in the same way.

Also I would like an updated character background story with the added suggestions for why you are going to town, etc. It is not spamming as it has not been approved yet and I would like it posted in it's completion.

Next you are missing some vital information for your character. Such as AC, BAB, Savings throws, etc. You may want to work on that as I go through the already provided information on your character.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Character RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Oh, but of course! The reason I didn't add them yet was that those are unmodified by me, and the stats that I provided are the ones that rely on my input and are not automatic. Will-do! smile.gif

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Please take your time to re-read the character background. Most of it is still the same but minor changes here and there have helped me flesh this character out, making him as realistic as possible.

Ian Grump - Ranger 1
NG Medium humanoid (Human, Varisian)
Init +4; Senses: Perception +0

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10 (+4 [Dexterity])
HP 11 (10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee: Rusty Shortsword: +1 (1d6-1, /x2 plus Tetanus, Fort save DC 14) or Dagger +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Ranged: Longbow +5 (1d8/x3) or Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Special Attacks: favored enemy (Goblinoid +2)

STATISTICS
[Strength] 13, [Dexterity] 18, Con 13, Int 12, [Wisdom] 10, [Charisma] 12

BAB: +1; CMB +2; CMD 16

Feats: Weapon Focus (Shortsword), Country Born.

Traits: Favored Son (Belor Hemlock), Tireless Avenger, Seasoned Climber.

Skills: Climb (+5), Handle Animal (+5), Heal (+4), Knowledge (Geography) (+5), Knowledge (Nature) (+5), Profession (Farmer) (+4), Stealth (+8), Survival (+4), Knowledge (Local) (+6)

SQ: Favored Enemy (Goblinoids), track +1, wild empathy +2.

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Varisian

Starting Wealth: 2p, 21g, 10s, 10c + Rusty Shortsword (Broken, may cause tetanus on hit), Longbow with 16 arrows, 2 Knifes (Daggers), backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, iron pot, a couple of towels, rope, torches (4), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.

Character Background:
Ian Grump is just farmer's son. He has spent his 16 years of life working hard on the corn farms and animal barn in the Sandpoint Hinterlands. Since childhood, he always spent his free time climbing, running, or performing fighting maneuvers using farm implement and all sorts of other things. He was always a naïve person, but with plenty of willpower. Maybe his lack of Wisdom caused him to ignore danger at times, as he was very often found climbing to extremely dangerous heights, or balancing on the edge of a cliff.
On the age of 9, a goblin raid to the Sandpoint Hinterlands found his father brutally murdered, his guts brutally ravaged by a bugbear's dogslicer. Ian was unable to move, as he froze with terror, witnessing the gruesome act. The goblins left, taking what they could.

Ian spent the last 6 years staying with his only living relative, his grandfather Maester Grump, forging his hate for the bugbear and all goblins into a lust for revenge. Only 2 days after his father died, he already had found a bow and a sword to practice with. He practiced night and day"¦ 6 years of constant striving for perfection.

One day, a neighboring farmer's daughter, Seleen noticed him hitting at a tree. He was so absorbed by his routine that he did not notice her approaching. Seleen didn't care much about weapons and fighting; she only wanted to try and calm him down, as he was yelling at the top of his lungs: "I will get you! I will kill you! You shall pay for what you have done!". As Seleen touched his shoulder in attempt to get his attention, Ian quickly turned around and slapped her without thinking. Seleen fell to the ground, holding her hurt jaw. Ian has grown to be a strong young man, and a 14 year old girl couldn't possibly stand a hit that strong. Ian dropped his rusty, almost worn-out shortsword down, and immediately took care of Seleen by treating her wound.

Seleen was kind at heart, and she couldn't possibly hold a grudge against Ian, but she still wanted to know why he was acting like this. The two conversed for hours, and then started meeting almost every day, sharing their problems and concerns. Falling in love was inevitable. Ian saw in Seleen the goodness and purity that was still alive in the world around him, and Seleen saw in Ian a burning heart, full of energy and courage.
Ian wasn't a bad person at all. His rage is not to be mistaken with the random madness of a barbarian. He was disciplined, well mannered, and usually calm. However, the death of his father left a big scar on his soul.

To make matters worse, just as he was living his life fairly peacefully, the goblins did yet another raid. This time he was ready to strike! Ready to defend what he loved the most! The moment he heard the farmers" alarm, he grabbed his trusty old rusty sword, and went out the door of his house. Unfortunately for him, a goblin had already seen him running to his house, and decided to sneak up on him with a shortbow, by aiming at the doorway. Ian got out and stepped on the doorway, then took a second to take a look around, and then - Tchak! The arrow hit him on his hip, disabling his movement, and rendering him useless for the duration of the raid. Thankfully there were no victims from this "raid". The goblins were just passing by, and were headed towards the coastal town of Sandpoint.

Ian quickly recovered from his wound, and with the encouragement of Seleen and his grandfather, decided to head to Sandpoint, and find out more about what happened there. That way he could both learn more about the goblins whereabouts and perhaps exact revenge, and maybe help against any local goblin problems the people of Sandpoint may have. After all, he knows most of the people there, as he visits about once per month, to pickup supplies and sell farm product. His first stop is at the town Sheriff, Hemlock. Hemlock trusts the young lad, and so does Ian trust Hemlock. He hopes to learn more about goblin movements, report the events on the Hinterlands, and also help with defending the town from peril, if that's possible.

Ian is just starting his adventuring journey. He will have extremely poor equipment and is going to start out as a level 1 ranger, and then advance as a ranger or fighter; depending on what kind of skills he will be practicing the most. He will be mediocre in combat, but very brave and naïve. He seeks revenge for the death of his father. He wants to help secure safety and happiness, and generally the well-being of good people. He"d easily sacrifice himself to save someone else. He hopes to return to his beloved Seleen someday, as the two didn't get to consummate their love yet.

Ian is a Varisian 16 years of age, 1,70 meters tall, and weighs 70 kg. His eyes are brown and his hair is black and a bit long. He hasn't yet grown facial hair. He's always smiling, but (Perhaps with a sense motive) people with insight can detect deep depression in his eyes.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 3rd Dec, 2013 - 9:30pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Character - Page 7

Johnathan,

I am having trouble deciphering what skills you put rankes into. You have 9 listed and you only begin with 8. I know that some of your skills are modified by your feats and traits but I can not tell which ones.

Please state which 8 skills you have put ranks into. 6 + 1 int mod + 1 favored class bonus.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:39pm

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Character D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

I get 6+int modifier + 1 from favored class +1 from being a human. That means 9 total. All 9 skills presented above have a single skill rank in them. Climb and Knowledge local get a +1 trait bonus each. *smile* (Dammit Climb should be +6 not +5)

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:42pm

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.