The Christian Right - Page 5 of 9

In the United States every group has the right - Page 5 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2008 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
politics This is not about Religion, this is about Politics. Running Against Sodom and Osama: The Christian Right, Values Voters and the Culture Wars in 2006. The enemy being denounced is sometimes generic: gays, liberals, secularists, the left-leaning media and Hollywood; and sometimes specific: [Add names here].
14th Dec, 2006 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

The Christian Right - Page 5

For me, it all comes down to cash. In particular, federal and state cash and where it goes. I do not fancy myself part of the Christian Right, but there are a few of the causes that I agree with and where some see choice, I see a preference being made.

As we have brought up abortion in this discussion being Catholic and holding to the teachings, I am against it. However, it is me that is Catholic and not all of the US. I can accept that others may not share this view and want to have an abortion and the service should be available. My problem is when MY tax dollars go to support the abortion. I have no problem with it being available, but don't ask me to pay for or support it in any way. By the government (which represents me) paying for this "freedom" means that I am paying for it and it is against my religion. Obviously, in that case, the government stopped representing me. I find it very ironic that abortions can be supported with tax dollars, but procedures to get pregnant when there are problems are paid in full by the recipient. WOW...what message does that send! You think the government would cut you a break by bringing a future tax payer into the world! Apparently, it is freedom of limited choice.

Gays and Lesbians want to get married. Fine. Just don't ask my tax dollars to provide the minister for the service, but go ahead and make it possible.

Brother wants to marry sister....WAIT...woops, the vast majority agree on that one! Hmmm...this one is ok to ban, but why? Shouldn't this be a freedom too? Since it is a law there had to be some that did it, otherwise, there is no need for the law. Religiously, this is not a good thing...but aren't we depriving someone?

Beastiality...hmmm....yepper, we all pretty well think it is wrong and there are laws. It is "we the people" and not "we the people and animals"....so it should be all the people's interest. Again, isn't there soemone we are depriving of choice? Plus, this is a no-no religiously as well.

Unfortunately or fortunately, the Christian Right represent the wishes of a lot of Americans.

Censorship is where I get a bit miffed at the Christian Right. However, I am not for total free speech either. There are just some things that really never need to be said or done. When I find out that my tax dollars go to fund things like the "piss christ", I want to personally seceed from the union!

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2006 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Right Christian The

Gays and Lesbians want to get married. Fine. Just don't ask my tax dollars to provide the minister for the service, but go ahead and make it possible.

Brother wants to marry sister....WAIT...woops, the vast majority agree on that one! Hmmm...this one is ok to ban, but why? Shouldn't this be a freedom too? Since it is a law there had to be some that did it, otherwise, there is no need for the law. Religiously, this is not a good thing...but aren't we depriving someone?

Your tax dollars aren't going towards gay people getting married? Tax dollars don't go towards any marriage. Does the US Government pay church ministers in the US? I would regard this as extremely inappropriate and a complete waste of taxpayers" money.

Is it illegal for siblings to marry in the US? Furthermore, who cares if they do? It's really not my concern"¦

Vincenzo, I accept your sentiments and agree with you. I respect your tolerance of others despite their belief.

I can accept that others may not share this view and want to have an abortion and the service should be available. My problem is when MY tax dollars go to support the abortion.

Do you have any idea how much more tax money you pay towards supporting unwanted children or those who are poor? It is a whole lot more than the tiny amount of health funds that go towards abortion. Furthermore, abortion is a medical procedure which requires a trained practioner to perform. It is not a religious ceremony conducted by anti-Christian thugs.

By the government (which represents me) paying for this "freedom" means that I am paying for it and it is against my religion.

The whole point of freedom is that it allows everyone to pursue their own beliefs. In many countries you can't buy freedom. I think this is a price worth paying for.

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2007 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Christian Right Beliefs Religious General

Chris Hedges on American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America

Chris Hedges's new book examines how Christian dominionists are seeking absolute power and a Christian state. According to Hedges, the movement bears a strong resemblance to the young fascist movements in Italy and Germany in the 1920s and '30s. Hedges is the former New York Times Middle East bureau chief and author of "War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning."
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/19/1545218

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2007 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 5 Right Christian The

FOUNDING FATHERS' RELIGIOUS INTENT REFEREED

The battle over the religious pedigrees of the Founding Fathers is usually an `are too, are not` kind of schoolyard fight. Over here, waving the Bible, we have the Christian right, insisting that George Washington et al. wanted a Christian-based government. Over there, waving the First Amendment, are those who insist the Founding Fathers wanted, above all, to keep church and state separate.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...20160,00.html

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2008 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Right Christian The

Name: Helper

Comments: The Christian Right, It's only about Politics? No, I think Religion and Politics are both entwined. I See it this way, Politics is Truly a "REAL WAR".. Mostly in "Olden Times"(And Still Today) they settled most DISPUTES by Duals,and Battles which is a pretty BARBARIC and UNCIVILIZED way to Settling Differences. Today however, in America and abroad we found a much more "CIVILIZED" approach to settling differences. Its called "VOTING" But the outcome is the same. The Victor(Party) will rule Your life or Life style. How? Through "LAWS" passed by their Congress and their Judges. So then each Vote could be seen as "Ammunition,So lets not throw it away, or not even use it! Also we must make a choice and take Sides. But, it would be Prudent to choose a side that will hopefully "WIN THE WAR" (Election) and not to waste your VOTE or (BULLET)and go join a "Small Band of Warriors" that could not possibly "WIN THE WAR"(Election), example (LIBERTARIAN).. etc.,) So you see, Belief (life style) and Politics, are entwined..."Vote Republican".

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2008 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

The Christian Right
A Friend

The Christian Right

Yes, peoples beliefs are entwined with their political beliefs. But in a free country that espouses liberty, we shouldn't espouse one religion over others in our government. Vote the issues, not your faith.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jan, 2008 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

The Christian Right - Page 5

That is the first time I seen you say something sensible that I can agree,

3rd Mar, 2008 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

The Christian Right General Religious Beliefs - Page 5

In the United States every group has the right to Assemble (one of the first rights in the Constitution) to express political opinions. The "religious right" is just one of many groups who have chosen to assemble to direct legislation in a direction that they feel is important. To deny that right would be unconstitutional and against the spirit of free association.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: The Christian Right

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,