JPatt Introduction - Page 8 of 23

QUOTE (jpatt @ 18-Dec 09, 6:28 PM) You can - Page 8 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Dec, 2009 - 11:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

JPatt Introduction - Page 8

Are you in touch with your American Indian heritage? I'd like to see you respond to these Threads:

* Native American or American Indian: Source 3

* Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 Source 5

Of course there is more here: Source 5

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Introduction JPatt

I actually am not very much in touch with my Indian heritage, I've basically been raised a "white boy", and certainly look it. You can vaguely see I have some sort of "indigenous" ancestors with some of my facial features, but otherwise I generally consider myself overall Caucasian, physically and culturally, but usually answer as Native American/Indian, as it is more a "if you are Indian at all, you qualify as one", so my 3/32 fraction of Indian lineage gives me tribal membership and rights to participate in Cherokee politics and such, which I've never even looked into.

I made a few posts in the Indian sections linked to, but I honestly don't have a lot to post in there, past what I did. I'm a bad Indian.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I appreciate what you did add. It is funny how the US fractions races. I find the whole one drop rule / theory ridiculous, we have a Discussion on it here: Source 1

Now at first glance of you're avatar I would have guessed that you were from the Middle East, but I guess I would need to see other photos as just one does not usually reveal a person's look. Feel free to upload to the Gallery.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Page 8 Introduction JPatt

Uploaded. I used this before to get one picture, of me in the tan shirt, up on the site, so I think it seems like I've got a good amount now, or will have. I think the 700 pixel limit is weird, as one of the common dimensions for pictures is 800x600.

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction JPatt

I commented on one of your photos as to why I think the Middle Eastern looks comes out.

I did not know there was a standard for uploading photos. The dimensions you gave is what used to be a desktop view standard years ago but that increased to 1024 x 768.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction

Could be the thicker mustache and Van Dyke beard/goatee. I'm a little surprised, as I don't think I've ever been mistaken for someone from the Middle East but now that you mention it, my aunt's American Indian friend has actually had a number of "racists" threaten and insult her for being a Muslim or terrorist or whatever they said - mistaking her for the same, which, these particular people really had to be intentionally stupid, as it is obvious to anyone she is Native American and looks nothing like someone from the Middle East, except to people who only want trouble and to bully others. Not that it would matter, as there's still absolutely no reason to treat anyone with unfounded disrespect and even hatred, just for being different - I thought this was the 21st Century but it seems some people still have a very, very long way to go.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction - Page 8

Nothing big really, when I was in the US I was often asked if I'm from the Middle East. I think many in the US use a stereotypical Islamist look they show on the news to say who is from the Middle East and who is not. For me you look like some of the guys in Jordanian royalty minus the usual garb and billions of dollars. wink.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 8

international QUOTE (jpatt @ 18-Dec 09, 6:28 PM)
You can vaguely see I have some sort of "indigenous" ancestors with some of my facial features.

Hi Jpatt! I just saw your pics. Thanks for uploading them. It's nice to see you! It's interesting because when you uploaded that first pic in the forum as your avatar I was convinced you was either Indian (from India) or Hispanic (you can surely pass for one in either Argentina or any other South American country, obviously if you do not speak and everyone realizes that you're a US citizen. *smile*) Your Native American Heritage in my view is quite strong in your look, specially your eyes. smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,