Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 4 of 11

QUOTE (Vincenzo @ 26-Apr 07, 9:58 - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Apr, 2007 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Why some young girls need to act up like prostitutes? Where are the parents of these girls? Check the article and look at her outfit, she even looks underage. Should the government stop these kinds of performances or does it seem to be entrenched in the culture?
Akon Performance In Trinidad Related Information to Akon Performance In Trinidad
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2007 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad - Page 4

At almost 13,000 views in just a few days this Thread, 'Akon Performance In Trinidad', is the fastest growing Topic ever in the Community. It has also broken the record for the most views online at the same time.

Sponsored Links:
25th Apr, 2007 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

What a hypocrisy. Tourism Minister Howard Chin Lee had called on Akon and Zen to apologise to Alleyne and the country and went further stating that he disrespected our young women. But why I said hypocrisy? Guess who was at Akon's concert at Zen? Yes! Him! rolleyes.gif So Akon must apologize to the young women in Trinidad but he goes and listen to the type of crap this guy sings? If his WHOLE performance, lyrics, music IS about disrespecting women! *shaking head*

Also, Zen's management apologizes:

The management of Zen has apologised to Danah Alleyne, her family and the public for the dirty dancing incident at the nightclub that featured Alleyne and R&B/hip-hop performer Akon.

Zen apologised last night "with the hope that with time, the embarrassment and pain caused by the incident will ease, especially for Danah".

The club, owned by Johnny Soong, said in a statement: "We do not shy away from our responsibility in this matter and accept that we made an error in judgment on the night in question.

"We have always been proactive in our security measures to try our best to ensure that minors do not gain entry to Zen. We have always adopted the policy of restricting the sale of tickets for our concerts to anyone under the age of 18. We keep records of ticket purchases but cannot control the purchase or obtaining of tickets by minors via scalpers or other adults."

Zen said preliminary investigations indicated that Alleyne was questioned about her age.

"Ms Alleyne insisted that she was, in fact, 18 years old and did not have her ID with her," the statement said.

"We then informed Ms Alleyne that we would refund her the ticket price but Ms Alleyne again insisted that she was 18 years old. It was based on this and her appearance that our staff made the decision to allow her entry to the club on Level 1, where an 18 years-and-over policy is adopted."

Alleyne is 15 years old.

The management said it wanted to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

"We stand ready to cooperate with any and all Government bodies to ensure that this will not happen again. We welcome any review of the current legislation and will support and enforce any amendments that are passed."

26th Apr, 2007 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Listen to me, there are THREE articles concerning this controversy in the Express Today and on the main page! rolleyes.gif

First one:

It seems like there is a video of Akon performing sexual acts at Zen so the cops went to Zen to look for it. Also, Danah's parents are trying to (legally) stop the video of Danah and Akon that night as well as the use of her photographs in newspapers, television, etc.

Police conducted a search at the Zen nightclub yesterday, halting business at the venue for just over two hours.

The Express understands that the officers may have been searching for footage of R&B/hip-hop performer Akon allegedly engaging in sex acts at his recent concert at the nightclub.

Keate Street, Port of Spain was thrown into chaos as plain clothes and uniformed police officers surrounded Zen while others searched inside the venue.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Winston Cooper, confirmed there was a search yesterday.

However, he said it was part of the ongoing investigation into the dirty dancing incident at the nightclub, which featured 15-year-old Danah Alleyne and Akon. Cooper said the police did not find anything yesterday.

According to police sources, a warrant was obtained by the police to search the premises for surveillance video footage of the club from the particular night of Akon's performance.

On Tuesday, Zen management apologised to Alleyne, her family and the public at large "with the hope that with time, the embarrassment and pain caused by the incident will ease, especially for Danah"...

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161136330

Second one:

Pastor Cuffie who is very much against the visit of Elton John to Tobago finally breaks the silence and speaks up:

Pastor Winston Cuffie has commended Danah Alleyne and her family for bearing some measure of the blame in the recent incident involving R&B/hip hop star, Akon, and the 15-year-old.

In a statement released via an advertisement yesterday, which appears in today's newspapers, Cuffie said he had not commented on the Akon matter before because he "was satisfied that everyone had already known (his) position very well".

Cuffie, who was noticeably silent on the Akon issue previously, has been calling for the removal of Sir Elton John from the Plymouth Jazz Festival line-up since it was announced he would be the headline act.

Calling Akon a "dirty foreign artiste", Cuffie said that Trinidadians become "instantly dotish" when internationally known entertainers perform here.

He then went on to compare Akon's behaviour to that of Elton John, asking who was worse.

"Very much unlike the yet wild, immature, womanising Akon, Elton is a sixty-year-old "grandfather" who flaunts...on big public stages with his "boyfriend/husband"....

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161136328

Third one:

Since it seems like there are NOT important issues to discuss in Parliament (crime is just an illusion and food prices...well...must rise right?). This controversy was also discussed:

The owners of the Zen nightclub should be held responsible for the lewd act performed between R&B/hip-hop superstar Akon and 15-year-old Danah Alleyne at a recent concert held at the club, Minister in the Ministry of Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs, Eudine Job-Davis, has said.

She added that patrons should now boycott the nightclub to protest what she described as "that kind of behaviour".

Job-Davis stressed that the simulated sex act, which the teenager indulged in, should be resolved between the child and her parents.

"I can tell you that that hurt me to my core to see a young Trinidad and Tobagonian girl being treated that way by a man," Job-Davis said.

"I want to say, I am not excusing the young lady by any means, she has to take responsibility for her actions. But it is a matter between her and her parents and they should know how to discipline their daughter.

"I also want to say that the owners of club should be held absolutely and totally responsible for that what happened there."

Job-Davis made the statements during her contribution to the Equal Opportunities Bill at yesterday's special sitting of the House of Representatives in Port of Spain.

She told members of the Lower House that before she arrived at the Parliament, she received an e-mail that featured a video clip of the incident. ..

26th Apr, 2007 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Trinidad Performance Akon

Wow...I didn't realize that Elton John was such a threat. He was one of the bad boys of rock WAY WAY WAY back in the day, but that reputation has gone the same way as his hair over the years. He is more known for his temper tantrums now a days.

Yes, it is commendable that the parents and the girl accept a small portion of the blame for the sex show. May they once again be eligble for parent of the year!

Now for the sad part. I bet his CD sales have skyrocketed with all this publicity.

26th Apr, 2007 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

Vincenzo, you are quite right. Imagine this thread alone is the fastest growing thread we ever had in the community!

Akon must be happy with all the controversy, not only because he is making more money but the fact that nobody can touch him (the girl was in a nightclub for people 18 and over but she is only 14, so his defense can well say he thought she was 18)

Also, this is NOT the first time this girl have been in a nightclub AND getting involved in dirty dancing. From the Guardian today:

DANAH ALLEYNE, the 15-year-old Chaguanas pastor's daughter caught in the ongoing Akon controversy, is no stranger to pop-culture dancing. She is currently being seen dancing in a video that was recorded last year and is being aired on Synergy TV. In the images above, taken from the video, Alleyne dances with soca artiste Klase in the Greatest Rythym Medley Part Two, directed by Charsu in 2006. Kalse's song, Dancing, names the popular dances being done in the Caribbean. Danah is seen doing the "dutty wine" among other Jamaican dances. She is the lone female dancer in the video.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news3.html

Rather off topic, but...
The issue with Elton John and some Pastors here is not his way back "bad boy" behavior but the fact that he is homosexual and have a husband. The Pastors say that it will corrupt the mind of the locals. laugh.gif Like if they are not corrupted already! The Caribbean carries one of the largest percentages of HIV in the world and Trinidad leading that. Such a hypocrisy. I also just read that there is an Immigration Act 41 of 1969, which states that homosexuals should be prevented from entering Trinidad and Tobago. *laughs* To discuss Elton John in Tobago, check this thread:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....showtopic=22771

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2007 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad

Discussion about the proposed concert with Elton John in Tobago can be Discussed HERE.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2007 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad - Page 4

I am not sure about Tobago law, but I would expect that Akon uses a security service or the venue provides a security service and he would not be directly responsible for the fact that a minor got on stage. However, if there were some decency laws that prohibit this sort of behavior, then you would have something. However, with all the fuss, I suspect that there are no laws that prohibit this sort of thing, so the only thing that the public can do if they don't like it is not to support the guy's career and make it hell for him to make a dollar. Honestly, with all that is being reported, I really don't think you stand a chance of stopping the guy unless there is legislation in place - he seems too big and popular right now. Start a movement for the Akon Decency Bill.

26th Apr, 2007 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

QUOTE (Vincenzo @ 26-Apr 07, 9:58 AM)
However, if there were some decency laws that prohibit this sort of behavior, then you would have something.  However, with all the fuss, I suspect that there are no laws that prohibit this sort of thing

Vincenzo, of course there are laws against dirty dancing the problem is HYPOCRISY. At Carnival time you won't believe the kind of "dancing" you see in the streets or even in nightclubs every weekend...so those who are complaining about this whole issue are those who also are half naked during Carnival time and doing their own little dancing.

Look at the Tourism Minister, he was saying how bad Akon behaved and how he treated women and all that...but guess who was at his Concert? rolleyes.gif So it was bad for Akon to treat the girl like that but it is okay to hear a guy singing "I wanna F...." It makes no sense to me.

A lot of Trinidadians should keep quiet on this issue because what they call "dancing" is nothing but vulgarity.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Akon Performance In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,