Tortdog Introduction - Page 14 of 17

QUOTE So I read that post as being, "We - Page 14 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 11th Sep, 2007 - 11:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Closed
USA RM to Brazil / Tax Attorney
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction - Page 14

Hey. That was a rhetorical question. That means you weren't supposed to answer it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Tortdog

You edited it while I was replying to it. Nevertheless, based on your edit:

But quite frankly, about every post I see from JB regarding a rule seems to come with it heightened frustration that people don't read the rules, understand the rules, or can't find things on the board.

*double shrug*

A lot of people do not take the time to read and some of your questions within this thread are the perfect example of what I am talking about . So I really do not understand what are shrugging about.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

If you really want to go down this road, I will.

It's up to you. But regardless of whether we walk down that road of your choosing, might you consider that where you have quite a few intelligent people somewhat confused as to how to find certain things, or how to do certain things, it might indicate that the resources provided to the users are not intuitive or helpful enough to provide sufficient aid?

For example, Microsoft spends a huge amount of effort into making its software "user-friendly." That avoids frustration by the "stupid" users, and helps sales of the software to increase.

My suggestion would be to have a place/forum in which users could make suggestions as to areas in which they find places in this forum to be MORE user friendly, as opposed to the moderators suggesting people delete their account and go away.

As for my part, any suggestion that I believed might improve the forum has been met with not just total disregard, but a welcome of "go away" and never come back - or just about. That is why I have expressed that I feel like I am walking on thin ice here (at times). Efforts to be helpful seem to be taken as personal attacks.

I don't get that.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 9:00pm

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Page 14 Introduction Tortdog

Tortdog:

If you really want to go down this road, I will.

I do not know what "road" you are speaking about, maybe you are too used to have the last word?

where you have quite a few intelligent people somewhat confused as to how to find certain things, or how to do certain things, it might indicate that the resources provided to the users are not intuitive or helpful enough to provide sufficient aid?

Intelligence is just a matter of opinion, having said that many of the questions you have asked are EASILY found by just taking the time to read. You don't agree with that. Too bad.

My suggestion would be to have a place/forum in which users could make suggestions as to areas in which they find places in this forum to be MORE user friendly, as opposed to the moderators suggesting people delete their account and go away.

I think that's where you STILL don't understand. There IS a feedback board if you want to leave feedback (have you seen it at all?) Just because in YOUR view things that need to be read are NOT in the place YOU think it should be does not mean anything, obviously you would be running your OWN forum, right?

As for my part, any suggestion that I believed might improve the forum has been met with not just total disregard, but a welcome of "go away" and never come back - or just about.

What you call "suggestions" are nothing but indirect complains on things you seem as absurd and that you clearly stated as such. Instead of sharing your views and moving on, you try to impose YOUR reasoning in the way we run things around here. Wrong. You are the one coming to our forum and our rules, NOT the other way around, let us make that clear.

Efforts to be helpful seem to be taken as personal attacks.

We have run this community for YEARS and we DO welcome feedback (and that's why we have a board about it). ONE thing is to give a suggestion or ideas and a completely different one is to challenge our rules and policies as "absurd" just because does not fit your reasoning. And that's exactly what you are doing. You call that helpful? I definitly don't.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tortdog

There IS a feedback board if you want to leave feedback (have you seen it at all?) Just because in YOUR view things that need to be read are NOT in the place YOU think it should be does not mean anything, obviously you would be running your OWN forum, right?

I left some feedback on a thread in the feedback area and was advised that my suggestions were unwelcome, and the post was deleted.

And to your other points, maybe you are right. Maybe my intelligence is not quite there and I have deceived myself. Are personal attacks allowed on this site?

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 10:23pm

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Tortdog Introduction

You left feedback and you was told that your suggestions were unwelcome and the thread deleted? I would love to see that thread. I would investigate.

Maybe my intelligence is not quite there and I have deceived myself. Are personal attacks allowed on this site?

Personal attacks are NOT allowed on this site as stated in our policies. The world does not spin around you Tortdog. I was speaking in general terms, by now you would have notice I have no problem to be as direct as I want to be therefore if I would have want to attack your intelligence I would not have used that statement.

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction - Page 14

Sure. It was here:

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....topic=9505&st=8

But I was wrong. I thought my post was deleted, but it remained. In response to my suggestions, I received:

People, people... it is NOT the goal of this Community to be like everywhere else or what you are used to. This place has a wealth of information at a high level for one specific reason: We do not do what other Communities do!

If you want the things you mentioned you have the choice:

1. Upgrade and open your own Board.
2. Go to our partner site: GrowingUpMale.com where you are able to do the things you mentioned.

I should also mention that in the start of the Thread it requests ONE rule, or in other words it is not meant as a vent Thread.

So I read that post as being, "We have the rules the way we want them, it is the way it is, and stop complaining." Or...go away.

Mind you, this is in response to a thread that requested:

Of all the rules of the forum, which one rule do you dislike the most? Why do you dislike it? Do you know of the purpose of the rule or is it that you are not accustomed to it?

Now, maybe had I only listed ONE rule I would not have received that response, suggesting I shut up or go somewhere else. But...

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Tortdog Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 14

So I read that post as being, "We have the rules the way we want them, it is the way it is, and stop complaining." Or...go away.

That's correct. I read the thread by the way, it seems just like you was ranting about the offtopic issue as you usually do. Having said that, you are correct the thread asked for ONE rule not for a list.

Blog Read My Blog
+  « First of 17 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Tortdog Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,