Mormon 2012 & End of the World? - Page 2 of 3

I agree, Pandora, but why those people will - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Jul, 2012 - 7:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Is this the year of doom?
5th Jan, 2010 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & End of the World? - Page 2

Are you hinting that Jesus gave them an exact time of his return?

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2010 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

World of and Mormon

Jesus didn't give them an exact time as he said no man knows the day or the hour. He didn't say no one knows the year, month, day or hour. So perhaps that left the year and month open.
Also I've read about several of our solar system planets being in close proximity to each other in 2012. If anyone else has read about that I'd like to know exactly where it states that.
I've been to our Regional Stake Conferences and I can tell you the GA's know something is coming but they really can't say anything because I believe it could cause panic. This 2nd Coming will be revealed to the hearts and minds of those who knock and ask. Not for an exact time, but for a confirmation that it is near and what you should be doing to prepare. I remember back when President Hinckley asked the entire church to read the Book of Mormon, the feeling I received was "Wow, we're in the days of Samuel the Prophet" He's on the wall preaching to Babylon (salt lake) and who is listening? I went around my ward doing my own informal survey asking, "Do you think the Savior will return in your life time? Most in their 20's and 30's said "NO." Perhaps today their answer would be different, I don't know. But it was interesting.

5th Jan, 2010 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & End of the World? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I understand your position but what doctrinal basis do you have for 2012 save for the end of the Mayan Calendar.

Related but not LDS (therefore you cannot bring up religion in them), I will be interested in your Replies in these Threads:

* Web Bot Project & 2012 Source 8

* 2012, the movie Source 4

* Crystal Skulls Source 5

14th Jan, 2010 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 World of and Mormon

international QUOTE (BHunter @ 19-Nov 09, 1:01 AM)
My own theory about the Mayans "perfect" calender comes from the fact that a perfect calendar would come from a perfect being, namely Jesus Christ. Who knows but that he created the calendar in response to the question of when would he return, because he did promise to return.
He really loved these people. I know it says it ends on the winter soltice, but what if it went over a couple of days to the 23 Dec. 2012. A significant date to latter day saints.

The Mayan culture practiced human sacrifice on the scale of hundreds, even thousands of people sacrificed on a single day. Why would Jesus give this, or any other culture, his speculation (since he has said several times in scripture, that he didn't know the date of the Second Coming), of His return? The Book of Mormon never states whether or not there were people already in America when Lehi sailed here, the Mayan's may have been one of the people already here. In the past, people, including prophets, have made the mistake of thinking every native person in America came from the Book of Mormon peoples, when the fact is, not all native tribes are related to each other, some came by the land bridge that, at one time, connected Russia with Alaska.

5th Mar, 2010 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

World of and Mormon

Interesting how we are getting so many natural disasters in quick succession and with great magnitude. A sign of the times? Maybe self inflicted? ( Source 2 )

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2012 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & End of the World?

Name: Hal

Comments: 2012 is here and it will pass and then we will be in 2013. By then there will be an asteroid coming to hit the earth in 2014 and on and on it goes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2012 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & of World - Page 2

I am really tired of hearing all this doom stories. I don't believe the world will end in 2012 or anytime soon. I don't even know if it will ever end at this point, it will just go on and go on somehow.

10th Jul, 2012 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & of World Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I agree, Pandora, but why those people will want to say those ridiculous remarks? To get money? Or to get more fame?

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 10th Jul, 2012 - 7:57pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon 2012 & End of the World?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,