ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 126 of 279

Theaton will suggest stopping for the night - Page 126 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Nov, 2015 - 1:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60119
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
8th Nov, 2015 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 126

The Second says...

Zork nods in agreement with Theaton thinking it may well be the most logical move. Although he has offered a suggestion he was never the type to be hard line about anything as may already be popularly known by his rather chaotic disposition and sudden hasty decisions.



Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2015 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael listens to Theaton and Archival's suggestions as he finishes up the inventory of his equipment he thinks for a moment before speaking, "I really don't know. It would be good to warn Jhod, but on the other hand we have already suffered delay in fulfilling the charter. We know that the temple would probably provide us with some amount of protection, where we are uncertain of what we may find out there." He motions to the plains "We only have a couple of days before the full moon and it may take us that amount of time to get to Jhod in which case I'm not sure our warning will arrive in time for it to have any real impact though. I don't know...whatever you guys decide I can accept either way" Mykael concludes speaking at about the same time he finishes packing everything up. He looks to Archival and Theaton expectantly, waiting for a decision.



Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I owe Jhod a debt and I intend to repay it. I will not forsake someone that has aided me. It takes Midnight three hours to cover 12 miles of plains and closer to five hours for other terrains without pushing her. With roughly 17 hours of travel I should be able to make it to Jhod's to warn him about the potential danger and seek his counsel on the matter.

Taming the wilds takes time. It will still be there when I am done fulfilling my debt. If our dreams were portents of trials to come... If First Knight Anarrow is correct that it might mean werewolves, then Jhod might not be there if we take the time to explore.

Zork is right to want to find a defensible place. That is why I disagree with Theaton's stance of finding one as we explore. We might, but it is not certain. I prefer to minimize risk when dealing with the safety of my companions.

If the shared dream was a prophecy, all the more reason to have hallowed ground and a talented healer with us. I do not know the first thing about fighting such creatures. Jhod however, worships Erastil, god of the wild frontier. Mayhaps he will have some incite into how we can fulfill the charter and rid these lands of a lycanthrope scourge, if the second to worst case scenario is true - the worst case being it is Armageddon.

Again though, if you choose to continue exploring instead of warning Jhod, please just mark your trail as you go. Caelum is gifted with amazing vision. We can catch up to you all if needs be after warning Jhod."

Out of Character: According to the Kingmaker Player's Guide (Expanded), each hex is 12 miles across. I don't know the speeds of your horses, but Midnight has a speed of 50 feet. This means it takes 3 hours to travel 12 miles (One hex) if it's plains and 5 hours for all other terrains. Exploring a hex varies greatly based on the party speed and terrain. Midnight is able to explore a full hex regardless of terrain in one day. If your mount's speed is 40 feet, it will take one day for plains, forests, and hills, and two days for mountains and swamps. If it is 30 feet, it takes one day for plains, two for forest and hills, and three for mountains and swamps.

9th Nov, 2015 - 11:22am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 126 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton is correct in that you often come across promising defensive locations depending on the terrain you explore. Forests contain clearings and fallen logs, hills contain cliffs and crags, and plains contain rivulets and trenches. The plains ahead of you also has the grove with the barbarian cairn which, while not defensible, provides good line of sight out of the bushes and has trees which can also be crafted into crude defences.

Archival is also correct in his timings, just over two days to reach the temple. Everyone is able to travel on horseback at 5 miles per hour (Halved in trackless forest terrain) at a comfortable pace (Theaton's wolf can keep up too), and the horses can be pushed to go faster and for longer, but causing them fatigue and damage.

Out of Character: Speaking of the movement rules, would you all prefer the hexagon grid on the map? I haven't used it so far since the timings in the player's guide assume too much. I use it as a guide, then add or subtract a few miles for the party's exact location.
And I didn't mention but the numbers on the map are explained on the GM character sheet. If there's any battles you want to remove since they seem insignificant, I can.

So my assumption is Archival is heading to the temple with only his eidolon, Caelum. The others are exploring the plains with cairn, finding a spot to defend (Probably the grove around the cairn). I will update in 12 hours with this assumption.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 9th Nov, 2015 - 11:23am



9th Nov, 2015 - 11:26am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: Zork is more likely to go for the temple than just be exploring the unknown. Once the 'wolf season' has passed exploring can always resume. His original intent was just to find somewhere to defend. The temple is a great place. ;)

In Character: "Let's go to the temple" Says Zork without any expression. "We can defend there, get healing and wisdom but most of all the rest of this wilderness isn't going anywhere."



10th Nov, 2015 - 9:21am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Game Master says...

Out of Character: With Zork voting for the temple and Mykael abstaining, that's a majority wanting to go there. I think Theaton is wise enough not to head off alone.



The forest provides some resistance as the party head back along the bank of the Thorn River to the ford. You pass the fey nests without stopping and reach a defensible campsite in the late afternoon. There is a slight hill with fallen logs acting as barricades on two sides.
You are still two miles away from the old bandit camp on the ford, but the horses are tired. The moon rises before sundown, not quite full, there looks to be one day left.

Out of Character: Please roll perception and survival checks. If you want to travel through the night, you can roll Constitution checks, but may damage your horses from the strain.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 10th Nov, 2015 - 9:22am

Hand of Fate Results:
  • CLvFF on D20 (+5): 7, 13 (2 rolls)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2015 - 11:58am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 126

The Second says...

As Zork passes the fey nest he looks up at it with contempt. His quest to find an amulet against the fey has never left his mind. Then he moves on...

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 9 (1 roll)
  • Constitution on D20 (+1): 11 (1 roll)


Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 126

Theaton will suggest stopping for the night as not to harm the horses. We can be very close if not at the Temple tomorrow.


 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.