ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 127 of 279

Seeing the creature, Mykael looks to his companions - Page 127 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Nov, 2015 - 5:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

07th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 279 pgs.  123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 127

Archival nods his assent. "Riding through a forest at night is a good way to break a horses' leg while pushing them might cause them to go lame, which would increase the time of travel necessary. This looks like a fairly defensible position. I read a book once about a Wizard creating a fortress from magic. I don't know if it's true or not, but to have such power! That is not really my forte though."

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2015 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

"I agree" Mykael replies to Archival's assessment. He goes about the perimeter of the camp doing his best to fortify the position as much as possible which may include sharpening fallen branches and digging them in around the outskirts of the camp to create a sort of field of caltrops. Having been a guard, Mykael surveys the camp for any weak points or vulnerabilities that he might exploit if he were attempting to assault the camp and he does his best to fill in the weak points and shore up the defenses, perhaps directing the others as best as possible in this endeavor.

Out of Character: : I'm not sure if the Profession (Soldier) skill would apply to this situation and Mykael's attempt to shore up the defenses using his background, or if it is primarily used as a source of income/earning a living, but I will include the dice roll if the GM determines that it would be appropriate.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 13 (1 roll)
  • Survival on D20 (+5): 19 (1 roll)
  • Profession (Solider) on D20 (+4): 9 (1 roll)

11th Nov, 2015 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

The moonlit night passes with each of you on watch hearing the ever present distant howls. But do they sound closer this night?

Wealday 15 Desnus

In the first few minutes of morning morning, as Mykael sits on last watch, he hears the slight sound of something large splashing in the river a few thousand feet to your south. Waking all just in case it comes closer, everyone is on edge, but the sound fades.

Camp is packed and Zork finds his bag exceptionally heavy. Pulling everything out, he dumps a substantial number of stones that were placed in the bottom during the night. Zork repacks his things and the journey continues as normal.

That is until an hour later as you prepare to ford the river, you hear a roaring "HOOT!" From ahead. Standing in the middle of the river and bathing is a large grotesque beast with the body of a bear and the unmistakeable head of an owl. It is staring at the party, standing on all fours in a ready stance.

Out of Character: The party is about 200 feet away from the ford, which itself is a muddy region 60 feet across with the Owlbear in the centre. Part of those 200 feet is an open space 60 feet across, the old bandit camp with platforms still up in the trees.

But it is also a wide ford, today the river is shallow for 200 feet either side of the Owlbear. I can see many possible options here and can provide more info, especially with a check (Arcana is appropriate for the beast, but I will take Nature at a penalty).

11th Nov, 2015 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 127 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

"Good day to die, I think not..." Says Zork as he gets out his long bow to start shooting the moment the beast moves from its position.

Out of Character: Did I have a bonus with bow for being mounted? If so, I did not add that in.

Zork II Results:
  • Bow on D20 (+3): 19, 5, 10, 12 (4 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 6, 6, 4, 1 (4 rolls)
  • Initative on D20 (+1): 11 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 13 (1 rolls + explode)

11th Nov, 2015 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Unfortunately the only bonus to attacks for being mounted is for melee and it's the +1 for height advantage. In fact ranged weapons take penalties when the mount moves twice in a turn (-4) or runs as a full-round action (-8).

Zork stands with an arrow ready, but what would you suggest if the beast doesn't move?

11th Nov, 2015 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Out of Character: Thanks, then Zork would stay in one position to attack and then speed off if the beast approaches. If the beast isn't moving then I would not attack it, passing by without inncident is better in my books but can't say for the other players.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 127

Archival dismisses Caelum and studies the beast, attempting to summon to the forefront of his memory what knowledge he might have of such a creature.

12th Nov, 2015 - 5:17am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 127

Ignoble says...

Seeing the creature, Mykael looks to his companions uncertain whether they should attempt to go around and avoid the beast or if his comrades plan to engage the thing. "By Iomaede, what is that thing?" He whispers and his hand goes to the hilt of his sword and his shifts anxiously in his saddle. He hold the reigns in his left hand, with his shield strapped to his forearm, and prepares to flee if that is what his comrades choose to do. If the party decides to fight he will quickly dismount, draw his sword, and wait for the beast to advance.

If it does come down to combat with the thing, Mykael will try to draw the creatures attention by banging his sword against his shield several times and yelling at it while setting himself into a combat stance and holding his action until the creature is within range at which point he will strike with his sword.

"Do we try to go around and avoid it, what do you think?" He whispers to the others.

Out of Character: : I will roll intimidate which hopefully can be used to either stagger the creature if possible or draw the creatures attention toward him in the hopes that it would keep the creatures attention away from Archival in order to allow Archival to work his magic. If the party attempts to go around and avoid I will make a stealth and a ride check

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+4): 15 (1 roll + explode)
  • Attack (Longsword) on D20 (+8): 27, 10, 17, 27, 9(-7), 22 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 7, 5, 10, 6, 9, 8 (6 rolls)
  • Intimidate on D20 (+8): 15 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Stealth on D20 (+0): 2 (1 rolls + explode)

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.