ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 128 of 279

Out of Character: I'll do the rolls - Page 128 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Nov, 2015 - 4:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 128

Theaton looks at the owlbear. "While they are not seem much the owlbear is an aggressive type creature and territorial. I doubt we can get past it without a fight. Plus as we are to clear this area of potential harmful creatures this is one that I would say we need to rid the land of."

Theaton dismounts and draws his bow advancing a bit to get into range and then start shooting.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2015 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

“Theaton is quite right – owlbears are vicious! They are able to fight in the dark and are quite perceptive from what I've read. I believe that is why they have the owl portion of their name. Be wary of their claws; they like to latch onto their prey and then bite and claw the victim until they're dead and devoured. They also tend to attack on sight and consider anything larger than a mouse as their prey. I will distract the creature as you each get into position!”

With that, Archival trots Midnight 25 feet toward the owlbear. With a small exertion of will, he summons 1d3 celestial eagles 30 feet closer to the enemy. They each speed a further 80 feet forward at their target.

Out of Character: That should put the celestial eagles 65 feet away from the owlbear, just out of reach of a potential charge. Since we don't have d3's, we'll just have to divide the d6 result by two, 1&2 being 1, 3&4 being 2, and 5&6 being 3 celestial eagles summoned. I will roll their attacks and what not after I see how many I'm working with.

13th Nov, 2015 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Zork sits firm in horse and starts talking to him in a lowly voice. "If that thing gets close I will need you to attack as well, but for now you're safe."

13th Nov, 2015 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 128 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

After Mykael makes some noise, the Owlbear decides to charge and everybody reacts. Archival wills two eagles to appear and fly towards the monster, hovering at a certain point. Zork and Theaton fire their arrows, but only the first strikes the beast. It roars in pain and moves towards the party with Archival at the front, summoning.

Out of Character: Txtrpg, I could have sworn that you had Zork's attacks correct before, but something happened. Your BAB should be +4 at level 4 and are you using the new composite bow? Is that damage right?

KNtoran, is Theaton using Rapid Shot?

Diarmadhim, is Caelum acting? Also, I'm not sure about it but the eagles may have wasted a standard action.

Let's try to take it 2 rounds at a time now. Which means Mykael can keep the current rolls, and Zork needs only new damage rolls.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2015 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Archival summons a small earth elemental into the fray. It and the celestial eagles harry the enemy with talon, claw, and stony blows.

Out of Character: Caelum was dismissed already. Technically the celestial eagles could have charged to hit the owlbear, but I wanted to lure the owlbear closer to the party to reduce the time necessary for the frontline to get into the action while also keeping the celestial eagles out of range of a potential charge attack by the owlbear.

Celestial Eagle
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 DX, +1 natural, +1 size)
HP 7, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3, SR 5
Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
Diehard, Weapon Finesse
Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft. (Average)
Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4+2), bite +3 (1d4+2)
ST 14, DX 15, CN 16, IQ 2, WS 15, CH 7
BAB +0, CMB +1, CMD 13

The celestial eagles can attack three times each every round as a Full Attack, so I'll roll six times for each of them. The small earth elemental can only attack once each round and it's a slam. I don't have enough roll fields to include the elemental's attack and damage rolls, so I will make a second post for it.

13th Nov, 2015 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Ignoble says...

With the owlbear engaged/harried by the celestial eagles and the elemental, Mykael positions himself between Archival and the owlbear offset to one side so that if the owlbear does charge it may bowl him over but not run through and hit Archival as well. If Mykael is able to move forward and attack before the owlbear is able to charge he will do so; otherwise he maintains his position, shield ready and sword set hoping to attract the creatures attention away from the others and that his armor will absorb the brunt of the beasts attacks while his comrades press forward and dish out damage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2015 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 128

Out of Character: Yes Theaton will be using rapid shot to get as many arrows into the owlbear as possible.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2015 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 128

Out of Character: I'll do the rolls for the small earth elemental here. It will Power Attack every round.

Small Earth Elemental
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (-1 DX, +7 natural, +1 size)
HP 17, Fort +4, Ref -1, Will +4, Immune elemental traits (Immune to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking, precision-based attacks like sneak attack
Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack (-1 attack, +3 damage)
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +8 (1d6+7)
Earth Mastery (+1 attack and damage if both it and foe are touching the ground - not added into listed stats)
ST 20, DX 8, CN 17, IQ 4, WS 11, CH 11
BAB +2, CMB +6, CMD 15

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 14th Nov, 2015 - 4:37am

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.