ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 148 of 279

After the ritual/induction is complete Mykael - Page 148 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Dec, 2015 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 279 pgs.  144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60124
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2015 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 148

As I halt Midnight's progress and peer through the rain, Caelum slips from the saddle and heads to inspect the men. Are they moving toward us? Do they appear to be searching the forest, or are they looking for tracks? The closer he gets, the more information Caelum relays via our mental link. Do they have a similar garb to Piter and Burke's as well as the deceased bandits when we initially encountered them, are they more akin to the woodsman we crossed paths with just prior to the encounter with the owlbear, or does it look like they are guards from Oleg's sent to check on us?

Out of Character: I'm so happy that was enough to identify the ring! Thank you for the clarification on the shield. I take it that both the shield and the spear are +1 with no other enchantments on them, yes? What type of spear is it? I assumed a shortspear since it was paired with the shield (The only spear that's one handed), but I want to be sure.

Since Caelum is moving further than 100 feet, but less than 1,000 feet from me, his current and maximum hit point totals are reduced by 50%.

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2015 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael tells his story to Brother Haines as they make their way to Olegs; he explains how he was a guard in the service of a Sword Lord in Restov, that his great uncle was in fact a Sword Lord, and that his father fully expected him to follow in the footsteps of his great uncle which he fully intended to do until he had the vision of the woman clad in armor when he and the party came across the armor and sword.

Mykael explains that he has always had a fondness for Iomedae but that he also favored Gorum for a time; however, since the day of his vision his mind and his heart have increasingly been focused on the goddess. He is honest in that he knows only the very basics of Iomedae's doctrine but he cannot deny the growing desire in his soul to be an instrument of her will, but he is uncertain regarding how to go about fulfilling this desire.

"I was drawn to the symbol on that armor" he tells Haines, "And I very nearly killed a man...a companion, on account of my desire to keep it out of his hands" Mykael tells Brother Haines the story of his duel with Zork with a tinge of embarrassment/shame when he tells of how close he came to dealing the final blow against an opponent who was helpless and unconscious.

"Svetlana..." He calls out when they enter the trading post "This is Brother Haines with the Church of Ioemdae; could you please charge any expense he might incur here against my trade credit?"

"Thank you Brother Haines" he says, this time resisting the urge to bow and trying to stand proud as the cleric advised "I will rest and prepare."

Mykael goes to his room and rests.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 15th Dec, 2015 - 5:23pm

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Fort Saves on D20 (+7): 27, 12, 10, 24, 11, 25 (6 rolls)
  • Reflex Save on D20 (+1): 10, 17, 5, 19, 3, 13 (6 rolls)
  • Will Saves on D20 (+3): 22, 8, 19, 18, 23, 8 (6 rolls)


Post Date: 16th Dec, 2015 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton looks at his wolf and says "I think I know a good name for you White fang What do you think?" Looking at the Grig, "Do you think Bal would come talk to me if I called to her? Or would she come if you were with me?"

16th Dec, 2015 - 10:38am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 148 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Grogdrol 20th

During the rains the tarantulas are much easier to fight, coming out in droves and having difficulty moving quickly. Their exoskeletons are easier to crack when wet. Grogdrol gains another 600 XP.

Archival 20th

The spear is actually a normal two handed spear. It makes you wonder if an ancient fighting technique employing such a combination has been lost to time. The shadings of the carvings don't give anything away.
Caelum approaches and sees leather armour on the men with longbows slung across their backs and short swords at their belt. Similar to the bandits encountered, but it occurs to Caelum that they carried the same equipment as the hunter (Not Thorne though, he was very heavily armed).
They seem to be searching, and as Caelum gets dangerously close he overhears one curse and say, "Where in the blazes could it be. We’ve been searching for days and no sign of their stash."

Mykael 19th

Brother Haines listen very intently to Mykael's stories, even taking a few notes. "My ailing mind isn't what it used to be," he excuses himself.
When he hears of the duel he nods rapidly, "It is good you didn't deliver the final blow. Mercy is the greatest show of strength, not annihilation. It is a sad thing to have occurred but it happens so often in these lands. The Aldori duelling schools are so popular among the nobility, it does not seem out of place what you did. After all, a duel is an honourable combat. I think Iomedae will forgive you and you will grow out of the bloodlust that comes in battle as you get more training."

The brother is relieved to finally have a seat that isn't a saddle, and a hearty meal. He thanks Svetlana for serving and Mykael for paying.
He enters the room you rest in to prepare, decorating it with gems and silver, chalk symbols on the walls and floor and a few candles. He incants a spell and you feel your mind loosen. The priest asks you to repeat everything you said, truthfully and in more detail (But the Zone of Truth effect doesn't overcome your willpower).
The other tests push you hard and the other denizens of the outpost hear your occasional shout. But you pass with the highest degree of success and are inducted into the church by nightfall. The tests and ceremony are sacred and you're sworn to secrecy about what just occurred.

Theaton

The wolf likes his name and howls his approval.
"Probably not," the Grig replies. "It's a very long river. She might not hear you. I pass over the river often and only see her once every few years. But I would love any excuse to accompany you. We could spend days and night walking along the river looking for Bal. Just the two of us... And your wolf and horse. No other biggins to interrupt us." Theaton gets the distinct impression that this Grig is showing true affection towards him.

Out of Character: KenGorbutt, 2120 XP is correct for the end of the 19th so I will be expecting a levelled up character.
Zork, if you figure what you want to do after reaching the XP cap you can write it at any time before Oleg returns. Otherwise, I'll assume you're having a long and well-deserved rest.



Post Date: 16th Dec, 2015 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

After sending me the information, Caelum continues, They just mentioned that they have been searching for days and can not find "Their stash." Is this near where we had been taken by Piter and Burke?

Based on that, they are likely bandits. Are you willing to -

*chuckle* This is about to get interesting! Be prepared my Lord. Caelum stands, approaching the men openly. "Well met! I am Caelum, might I be of service to you fine gentlemen in some way? I overheard you are looking for something hidden by someone else... Who all hid it?" As he continues asking questions, Caelum looks for displayed silver stag-skull amulets while he gets closer or any other identifiers as to who these men are. I will ready an action to unsummon him should the need arise. If combat begins, after unsummoning Caelum I will summon Small Earth Elementals that would likely burrow to close with the enemy (Due to ranged attack potential) until they are within range to charge, hopefully they focus fire, but I don't know how you handle that :D

Out of Character: I'm going to roll Initiatives and even pre-roll some attacks to help move things along just in case combat does become necessary (Ie - if they're bandits). How many hours have we been traveling today? It will let me determine if I need to cast shield sometime during the fight (Which would reduce the length of time I could have Mage Armor up for the day).

Small Earth Elemental
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (-1 DX, +7 natural, +1 size)
HP 17, Fort +4, Ref -1, Will +4, Immune elemental traits (Immune to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking, precision-based attacks like sneak attack
Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack (-1 attack, +3 damage – not added into listed stats)
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +8 (1d6+7)
Earth Mastery (+1 attack and damage if both it and foe are touching the ground - not added into listed stats)
ST 20, DX 8, CN 17, IQ 4, WS 11, CH 11
BAB +2, CMB +6, CMD 15
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
On charge +2 attack roll, -2 to AC until start of next turn (Adjusted AC of 15 during their first round of combat).

16th Dec, 2015 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

The Second says...

Zork helps out where he can but mostly lazes around the fort observing the way people do things with what might be a small stick of cinnamon in his mouth to one side that he uses like a pacifier. He anticipates his new pet and looks for tips from anyone who has been a handler.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2015 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 148

Theaton replies to her, "Sure we can head to the river and see if we find Bal. What is your name so I can call to you needed. I am sure a couple days walking along the river will be grand."

17th Dec, 2015 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 148

Ignoble says...

After the ritual/induction is complete Mykael shuffles down to the common area feeling tired and drained. He scarfs down some food and drinks several glasses of water. He is uncharacteristically quite this time, not offering up the usual war stories, simply eating his meal in silence. Once he has finished his meal he gets up, thanks Svetlana and retires to his room.

The next morning he rises with the sun feeling refreshed and energized. He prays to Ioemade as he dons his armor "May I be an instrument of your will this day" he mutters as he looks out the window at the rising sun "May my blade bring justice to the wicked and freedom to the oppressed."

He returns to the common room, much more talkative this time. He says nothing about the tests, however, and if asked he simply states that he was training and testing his skill but is not specific about what this entailed. He asks for something to eat for breakfast and when Stvetlana brings his plate he greets her with a warm smile "Thank you Svetlana" he says cheerily "How does the day find you?"

If Brother Haines goes to the common room Mykael will again pay for his meal and speak with him about what is expected of a Paladin of the goddess. Ioemedeas power now seems to flow much more freely through him and he can feel her presence with more clarity now as he is filled a new found zeal sometimes seen among recent converts; its as though he was carrying a muddy jewel before. He could see that there was a gem underneath the dirt and grime but now that the mud is gone, cleared away by the tests/ritual, it is as though he is seeing its splendor for the first time.

After breakfast Mykael goes to visit Piter and Burke. He helps them work the fields, occasionally offering them some water and making sure they stay hydrated. When lunch time comes around Mykael pays for a decent meal for them, brings it to them and eats with them. As he visits with them he can feel a sixth sense of sorts emenating from him reaching out to the men flowing over them taking in their "Auras" and giving him a sense of their true natures [using his at will detect evil ability].




 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.