ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 162 of 279

"Perhaps we can wait him out then, eventually - Page 162 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jan, 2016 - 9:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 61010
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
16th Jan, 2016 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 162

Game Master says...

Theaton waits for the leader to close in, and the frog-man obliges. Theaton's swing hits the hide armour ineffectively.

The lead frog-man then belches out a loud croak. Theaton is afraid, ready to turn and run from the sound (Frightened condition for 1 round). Mykael and the second elemental are both shaken.

Grogdrol dashes up close to the combat, all enemies now within close range.

The last frog-man also unleashes a horrid croak in desperation before taking a step back and picking up one of the bodies of his comrades. The croak only affects the small earth elemental (Frightened for 1 round), Mykael resists its dreadful noise.

Zork shoots the leader, puncturing his hide. Looking around, the only movement is from the participants in the battle.

Mykael steps forward and slices the frogman carrying another. It falls to the wound across its back, tumbling to the ground. (Not sure if that aligns with the character, but the leader is just out of range, leaving only one target.)

One of Archival's elementals runs back in fear, while the other enters the earth and reappears behind the leader.

Theaton joins the elemental, withdrawing from the leader to a distance about 50' away. As he snaps back to reality, he realises the bow is back where he was standing.

The leader takes a step away from the elemental, towards the rest of you, and as he chants, a thick white mist coalesces around him. He disappears in the thick fog, which just hangs there in a 20 foot radius hemisphere.

Archival can no longer see what his elemental is doing, but those nearby can hear another, different chant from within the cloud. Those that were frightened or shaken aren't any longer.

Out of Character: So combat is sitll progressing in rounds, but this is kind of a break from the constant action. So I'll nullify the backlog of current rolls and let's continue with three rounds this time.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

“Oh, well why did you not say so in the first place? Prejudice is perfectly acceptable from a logical and just point of view,” I jest, laughing.

Turn 1
The elemental that ran in fear will run to be back beside the frog-man. The other elemental will charge and slam him.

Turn 2
Both elementals will slam into him again.

Turn 3
They will again attempt to finish the threat.

Throughout this time I will hold my action with the aforementioned trigger.

Out of Character: I'm rolling Spellcraft to determine what spell was cast. In the future would you like to just roll for me, that way you can tell me if I recognize the spell? The DC is 15+Spell Level. Currently my Spellcraft is at a +7. I think I already know what spell it is (Although my character does not and will act accordingly), so just a friendly reminder that my small earth elementals have tremorsense of 60'. So while I will still have to roll the 20% miss chance due to the mist (If I'm right about the spell – excellent choice by the way), my elementals will still find the frog-man with ease. Would you mind rolling the attacks of opportunity for me if he casts and fails his check while my elementals are threatening him?

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton will shake off the effects and head back towards the fog waiting for it to clear so he can clearly see what he is fighting. He will look around and make sure the other frogmen are taken care of before going after the fog drapped frogman.

.

17th Jan, 2016 - 7:04am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 162 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael will cautiously approach the fog filled area, but he will remain outside of the fog and take up a position near Archival standing at the ready he scans the area waiting for the fog to subside and trying to see if he can see the lead frog man attempting to flee. As soon as the fog dissipates and he is able to see the leader, he will advance on him and attack; until then he will remain near Archival ready to meet any threat that may present itself.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+9): 13, 10, 12 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 10, 8, 6 (3 rolls)


17th Jan, 2016 - 11:25am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Despite the distance, Archival recognises the obscuring mist spell, this one cast in a divine nature.

The elemental feels where the leader stands and swings as close as it can guess, but doesn't connect. The other runs back to the edge of the cloud of fog.

The frog-man steps out of view of the elemental and casts his spell.

As both elementals close on him, they see him slightly less wounded, Zork's arrow popped out (2 healed, still 7 damage). One hits for 16 more damage.

The leader steps away from one of the elementals and displays his holy symbol. The elementals and anyone that said they were standing just outside the mist need to make Will saves as they feel a soul draining, dark energy wash over them.

Of course anyone outside has no idea what all the noises inside are from.

Out of Character: As Txtrpg explained, since you used the start number option, I rolled all attacks for you. I've made the same mistake and learned not to do it again.

I believe pinpointing only lets you find the closest 5 foot square. So, yes, 20% miss chance which I did apply on the first attack.



Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Theaton still looks about for other targets as he feel a slight drain on him. "Such dark magics can not be good for us.".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 162

"Worry not about that mist. It merely obscures ones' vision and makes it harder to land successful blows. It is a double edged sword and makes it harder for the frog-man to see and hit as well! It should only last a few minutes at most." I summon a third elemental to assist in surrounding the frog-man, making 5-foot steps unable to get him out of range of an attack of opportunity (Which 2 elementals flanking should technically already do) and limiting him to casting defensively. After the first round I return to holding my action with the aforementioned trigger.

Attached Image Edited: Diarmadhim on 17th Jan, 2016 - 9:23pm

17th Jan, 2016 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 162

Ignoble says...

"Perhaps we can wait him out then, eventually his magic will falter and he will be exposed" A chill runs down Mykael's spine as the creatures dark energy washes over him; he mutters a prayer and does his best to steel his spirit against the dark magic.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Will Save on D20 (+3): 14 (1 roll)



 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.