ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 204 of 279

Zork repeats his last statement but when he - Page 204 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th May, 2016 - 10:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 279 pgs.  200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60380
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
16th May, 2016 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 204

Ignoble says...

Mykael becomes more and more stoic as the evening progresses and he prepares for the upcoming battle. What time he isn’t spending with the other planning the assault he is in intensive prayer or rigorous practice with his shield and blade.

As Mykael gathers with the others around a makeshift map of the fort (Perhaps drawn in the dirt if there are no other options), he places small stones or twigs, whatever he can find, to represent the various parties involved and looks it over.

“I’ve spent plenty of time as a guard standing watch over areas within a fort, but I admit that being a lowly guard I didn’t have much to do with the planning of defenses. I did most of my time just maintaining my post and keeping watch. I’ve also never actually been involved in assaulting a fort, but I imagine we aren’t going for a direct assault here anyway.

The main thing we want, it would seem, would be to maintain an element of surprise and find a way inside the walls without being seen. Perhaps our fey friends know of an access point? Perhaps some form of access point at the base of the cliffs, like a sewage drain?

Obviously, we aren’t going to be able to lay siege to this thing, unless maybe Archival can summon up a nice earth elemental to put a hole in walls, but even then we would be at a pretty significant disadvantage in that type of direct attack. Any ideas?”.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2016 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"I think we go with a direct approach to see what happens. We have our friend Arnisa see if she can convince any to leave the fort and come down to the waters edge to see her. If that works We can have Neenah use water to knock them into the River. If they can not swim we will be able to capture them much easier. Those that do not come out we will use Archival to summon a couple earth elementals to assist us in taking down the gates and maybe those who still hold the fort.

"If this all goes well we may have few to fight and be able to take the stag lord into custody. That is best case and I doubt it will be that easy but we can always have hope."

Theaton looks at everyone. "Does anyone else have any other ideas?"

Post Date: 17th May, 2016 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"The direct approach should be our last option. It is the most likely to result in casualties. Especially if the enemy has any archers. If it does become necessary, we should use some sort of cover to protect us as we rush the gates. Tonight I will cast Invisibility and See Invisibility on Caelum and send him to scout out the grounds surrounding the fort. His ability to see in the dark, combined with his amazing perception, should help him check to see if there are any weaknesses we can exploit. Once we know more we can decide how best to proceed."

Out of Character: It's okay ICon. I had to take some muscle relaxers for my back the past few days. I totally lost track of everything!

Attached Image Edited: Diarmadhim on 17th May, 2016 - 12:34am

Post Date: 17th May, 2016 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Page 204 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"Oh I do not plan to attack the gates or anything like that unless they are down or open. That is why we see if they come out willingly to visit with Arnisa."

17th May, 2016 - 3:39am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork speaks up, "There is usually a tunnel near the base for sewerage and waste water, we should try to find that as a way in. If not, we should look at capturing one of their patrols and get them to tell us the way."

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 24 (1 roll)
  • Grizzly perception on D20 (+5): 23 (1 roll)


17th May, 2016 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Game Master says...

Kesten adds to Mykael, "Unfortunately my time in the military was similar, but I did get an extensive education in the theory of war. Ideally we would want some siege towers and a battering ram but this is just a small fort. Perhaps ladders would be enough to scale the wall and the elementals to batter the gate. But, as with all attacks, this would be a costly assault and they will be able to fire a few shots upon us, even with the additional haste Archival can grant."

I'll take Caelum's first Perception check as looking at the watchtowers, where he missed what Theaton saw. Zork, from a prone position on the crest of your hill, confirms this, and it's not just the front two, but all three guards in the watchtowers are focused on the north path. Watching them, you can see the a young brown-haired man in the north-eastern tower who, at a later point in the afternoon, tips a few buckets out of his tower and over the wall, splashing waste onto the hillside. In the north-west tower is a man of olive complexion with graying hair and beard, and in the south tower is the silhouette of a very thin man. All three guards hold longbows while on watch.

Out of Character: Just to confirm that we all have the same mental image here, you left the river a few minutes away and everyone went on foot to the fort. It's a lake that's to the south side, not a river.

I will take one more Perception check from Caelum and double check with everybody that they don't wish to do anything else before sundown.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 17th May, 2016 - 2:04pm



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th May, 2016 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 204

Caelum crouches low, and slowly makes his way around the fort once night has fallen, looking for any potential weaknesses to exploit.

Out of Character: I totally forgot about taking a 10 or 20 on these checks. If either are possible, it would give Caelum a 26 or 36 perception check, respectively. If not, here's that other roll you asked for :D.

18th May, 2016 - 10:49am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 204

The Second says...

Zork repeats his last statement but when he sees the guard throw waste into the sea with a bucket he looses hope of a was away being present. Still he considers by design that they must have it.

Out of Character: What about a map of what we're looking at now and our location, is that doable?

Zork II Results:
  • Zork perception on D20 (+4): 24 (1 roll)
  • Grizzly perception on D20 (+5): 22 (1 roll)
  • War horse perception on D20 (+4): 16 (1 roll)



 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.