ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 211 of 279

As they get close Theaton pulls his bow out - Page 211 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st May, 2016 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 61099
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th May, 2016 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 211

Theaton tells Arnisa, "If you can keep them busy we are going to try to get inside while the gate is open. Tell the others it is time to make distractions and if able to attack safely to do it. Assist us in any way you can." Theaton turns to the others. "Lets move towards the open gate but be ready to charge when the fighting starts." He mounts up on his horse and heads towards the gate trying to remain unseen as long as they can,.

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2016 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Diarmadhim, I just need to make sure about your movement. Moving through the patches of light undergrowth takes 2 squares, as difficult terrain. But the undergrowth isn't everywhere, so instead of halving your movement, it's 3/4 until you reach the path. (Or equivalent, it costs 7.5 feet to move 5 feet.)

The beeline to the fort is about 600 feet, but if you wish to reach the path first that's 400 feet plus 350 along the path. Including difficult terrain, that's 900 feet or 950 feet total.

Finally, Stealth states that it can't be used while running and I have to agree with that rule, someone may spot dust rising, grass parting or hear the thumping of boots. I will need you to roll a check at +20 and -5. Also, I need to ask, once you're inside I think you should have to roll for each move action you take. Do you reckon that's the right way to rule it?

You can tell these things by seeing the layout of the land, before you cast invisibility. And, to clarify, Caelum isn't summoned at the moment, right?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 29th May, 2016 - 2:52pm



Post Date: 29th May, 2016 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Caelum isn't summoned at the moment. I haven't summoned him for the day (If I did, I would have cast my level 1 Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon spell on him until he was full health again. I'm not stealthing, my character sucks at that :D According to Core p. 102, the Perception DC is increased by +1/10 feet I am from the enemy. If it's through a closed door, the DC increases by 5. If through a wall, +10 per foot of thickness. If the creature making the check is distracted - which they seem to be right now, it increases the DC by a further 5 (10 if they're asleep). Since I'm invisible, the DC will be increased by a further 20. The Perception DC to hear a creature walking is 10, I'm running though. Let's just let the dice gods determine what happens - I'll stick with my original plan.

30th May, 2016 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 211 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Well since you're not walking, the only reasonable modifiers I see are to start at DC 0, add invisibility +20, subtract -5 for moving faster than half speed and then add distances. The bandit in the northeast tower is distracted, but the other two towers have no line of sight to the two bandits outside the fort, so they watch the path.
You said "Down the path" so 400 feet through patches of long grasses and shrubs takes you more than half a minute and 300 feet down the path leaves you with 8 rounds of invisibility spent.

In Character: Archival disappears from view, Zork and Theaton mount up immediately, out of view of the fort from behind the hilltop. Kesten takes one more look at the lay of the land before asking "Are you sure you want to ride from here? We can use any of the high areas to block their line of sight and start from any position on this side of the fort."

Yarrow croaks, "I do not have a horse. Do I take the one your friend left behind? I can't say I have much experience riding."

As Archival runs up the path, between boulders he sees the two outside tying a noose and casting it out to the charred remains of the burnt zombie. Once caught, they reel the body in.
Running up the path of hardened earth leaves little dust after the night's rainfall. Archival makes it within 50' of the gate, warmed up but not out of breath. Nobody has called out and through the gate, inside the walled area there is one man standing in the shade provided by the partly ruined roof. But the bandit in the far watchtower seems to be looking directly in your direction.

Then you hear a shrill shout from the lakeside, the two bandits look up, as do those on watch to your relief. "I'm not going over there," Archival hears complaining to his left. "Zombies all the way down. I can't quite make out who's caught in the waves. What are they doing down here anyway?"

Out of Character: You're lucky that the furthest watchman was the one who rolled a natural 20. Still not enough to notice with the distance involved.
With invisibility, there's not just a hearing component involved, so I will get you to roll Stealth from herein. If I used the rule to hear a walking creature, that would actually cap your roll result at 10, so I say it doesn't apply.

Let's go for two rounds at the moment and you can choose if you want to move 15 feet or 30 feet with a -5 penalty. You only need to roll stealth once at the moment and summoning will not break invisibility but will reveal your current position.

What do you all reckon I should do when someone moves through a square with an invisible character?

Also, will get a close-up map posted tomorrow.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 30th May, 2016 - 1:22pm



Post Date: 30th May, 2016 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will take Kestens advice and say "Yes llets use the grass and other stuff to hide behind until we have to leave cover. Hopefully the others can cause a distraction and we can get to the fort quickly and unseen. Come on lets go" Theaton leaves his horse at camp and head to the fort. He will have White Fang stay by him.

Post Date: 30th May, 2016 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Slowing down, I count my lucky stars at having made it this far. I start moving at just half speed, carefully attempting not to raise any alarms as I search for the mechanism that controls the gate. Upon discovering such a mechanism, I look for a decent place to provide me cover within 50 feet of it or so.

Out of Character: You know, I've played PnP Role-playing Games for a long time now, and I've never actually run into an instance of someone running into an invisible character. I'll be sure to like hug the walls and such in order to reduce the likelihood, but maybe something akin to a modified overrun? *shrug* Or I could just move out of their way and let them walk through unimpeded, like you can with allies moving through your square.

Summoning won't give away my position though. It's a Spell-Like Ability so it has no verbal, somatic, or material components. Nor does it require a focus and has no spell failure chance from armor.

Do we have a map of the fort or anything that I can use to decide where best I should take cover?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2016 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 211

Ignoble says...

Mykael will get his weapons and gear ready and then follows along with Theaton, attempting to use the terrain to cover his approach until/unless the party is seen. “I still don’t like the idea of attacking directly through the gate” he says, “but maybe if can get there before they can react, we may have a chance. Better let me and Kesten take point though and hopefully soak up the worst of it.”

Approaching, Mykael holds his shield up trying to identify the greatest threat and adjust his defense accordingly, trying to cover those behind him. He grows increasingly anxious as they near the gate, his eyes darting about looking for murder holes or other traps.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 4 (1 roll)


Post Date: 31st May, 2016 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 211

As they get close Theaton pulls his bow out and readies a arrow. IF any see us he will shoot them using rapid shot, many shot and precise shot feats.

Out of Character: With a + 7 to hit and the -2 for rapid shot that gives me a +5 to hit. The precise shot takes away the -4 for close melee combat.


 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.