ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 228 of 279

Out of Character: I claimed one of the potions - Page 228 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jul, 2016 - 10:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 279 pgs.  224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 61102
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
7th Jul, 2016 - 1:58am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 228

Ignoble says...

"I believe the situation can change the severity of the sin, yes" Mykael responds to Archival returning his smile "There are things that mitigate and things that aggravate the wrong doing; things such as intent, motivation, knowledge, and the extent of harm done; these things can and do mitigate or aggravate the severity of a sin.

Honest repentance is important, as is seeking to right the wrongs that one has done; in fact justice demands that this be so as far as I'm concerned. Without reparation, repentance may be nothing more than an empty gesture.

I agree with you that this man has taken a step, but that single step, regardless of how large it may be, I do not believe is enough on its own to complete his journey toward redemption. But, that is not for us to determine today, I feel. It does bring up a point though in that if we hope to tame these lands we would do well to have a system of justice in place. Particularly if we agree that the charter places the dispensation of justice in our hands. Again, a discussion for another day perhaps."

If the amulet is in the form of Iomadae's holy symbol than Mykael would indeed want to claim it. Mykael also asks Archival if he could identify the two vails that he took off of the Stag Lord.



Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2016 - 10:40am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork wonders if Archival is under some kind of charm that he should be so interested in the welfare of this prisoner. He keeps an eye on Archival.

He gestures at Mykael that useful symbols he could have but other things should be sold.

After bring all the valuable together in a pile he will measure if they can be carried with available horses thus negating the need for a wagon.

He asks the allies to be firm with what they want to do next.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 24 (1 roll)
  • Sense motive on D20 (+0): 7 (1 roll)


Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I agree with you, to an extent. Perhaps I am being too forgiving, but Caelum is an excellent judge of character. He has what I can only describe as some sort of sixth sense when determining the motives and trustworthiness of others. It is for that reason alone that I speak up for this individual, much like Burke and Pitre previously."

Ignoring Zork's odd look, I continue, "I think setting forth a system of justice is a very good idea and necessary."

"If I am to stay here for a time, you all can secure a wagon or two and return with that plus hired guards to secure the fort. I will give you ample money to ensure we secure the services of able-bodied individuals."

7th Jul, 2016 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 228 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Zork can't see any obvious charms or glamers but you never know with these things.
Leaving behind the low quality weapons, armor and trade goods, you could comfortably take all the more valuable treasure first without any space for riding your mounts.

As Mykael reaches for the holy symbol, Akiros complains, "You do not have one? If I am a prisoner then at least leave me this one comfort."

Kesten replies, "As Restov's forces head east they leave behind a lot of gear that's too heavy to carry. I am very grateful that we got Sneeg alive and can requisition 4 masterwork weapons of your choice. Which ones would you like?

"These walls will provide a good defense against any humanoids and even some giant-kin. I think I heard there were trolls in the area. It would take them a while to burst in and with your summons you could defend this place. At the bare minimum you could have three watchmen so you can get a full rest, six if you want them to focus on each side. I can stay, as can some of your fey.

"As for the prisoners, if you have the patience to deal with them and can't decide what to do now, Restov will process them. But I can assure you… most will hang or have their hands cut off."

All your allies are most interested in an even split of the coinage between the 9 present. Yarrow, Bal and Neenah all want the azurite as well; even though it's the least valuable crystal, it is a nice shade of blue. Yarrow also wants small quantities of trade goods amounting to an extra 40 gp value. Arnisa would like the silver bracelet. Kesten wants a trophy from this victory, either the Stag Lord's helmet, sword or armor and one of the silver stag amulets.
Tyg excuses herself from the split of treasures.

Out of Character: Oops, I mistakenly left those two vials on the Stag Lord's body. They are the 2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds that are already on the top of the list.

And experience: 11 Zombies 2200, 7 bandits 945, Owlbear 1200, Ox 600, Dovan 600, Akiros 800, Stag Lord 2400, Nugrah 1200. Total of 9945 split between (I think it's fair to count all your allies as 2 PCs) earns each person 1658 XP! You earn an additional 200 XP each for completing the quest!

Do you want to fast forward 10 hours to the night or are you keeping busy? Is Archival doing anything special for the Sunwrought festival or is that why he's being so forgiving? How do you prepare for the night?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 7th Jul, 2016 - 1:55pm



7th Jul, 2016 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael’s hand stops just shy of the amulet and he looks sternly on Akiros, glances toward Archival and his jaw clenches for a moment before letting his hand fall away. Archival’s words have managed to temper the paladin’s cold sense of justice with mercy and compassion as he wonders if given the right circumstance could Mykael find himself in a similar position one day, and if so, how would he want to be treated?

“Not as a comfort” he says to Akiros unable to completely stifle his anger “but a reminder of an oath you once took, and the goddess you turned your back on.”

Mykael turns from Akiros to Archival “You understand that if we do turn him and the others over to Restov, they are not likely to care much about his character. They will focus on his crimes and as Kesten said, he will hang or he will lose his sword hand.”

He bows his head and is thoughtful for a moment before he mutters “When in doubt, I may force my enemies to surrender, but I am responsible for their lives”

Raising his eyes back to Akiros he says “You once uttered the oath that this came from. You, better than anyone here perhaps, would know the position that this places me in.”

Mykael looks more intently at Akiros and says a prayer to Iomedae asking her for insight into the state of his soul (Using detect evil on Akiros).



Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

A slight look of shock crosses over my face when Mykael considers taking another's holy symbol, but I say nothing and quickly recover into a neutral facial expression.

"I think I would prefer a team of six hired watchmen. Better to not set them up for failure. I do not know your specific assignment, but I would imagine you would rather deliver Sneeg in person, no Kesten? If so, could I prevail on you to hire some trustworthy and able-bodied individuals? Is it possible to have you use the price of my portion of the reward toward their hiring?"

"Tyg, your scouting was integral to our success. Are you sure there is nothing you would like? If ever you - or any of you, rather - need a favor, you have to but let me know. You have made an ally for life this day, and an Oragor mever forgets their friends"

"Mykael, I trust your judgement implicitly on the matter of these bandits. That being said, your powers can prove a true boon in determining what lies in the hearts of men. Use them to aide you in discerning proper judgement."

Out of Character: I know a tad about the Sunwrought Festival (Held on the longest day of the year), but I don't know how many days until it is held (Yeah - I lost track of the date in the game again). I'm currently toying with changing Archival's deity as a sign of his growth; probably to one of freedom and law (I'm researching). He is still just 17 (Has never told the party) and trying to decide what exactly he believes in. He followed Sarenrae because that's who his deceased love interest followed.

I think the Ultimate Campaign book covers hiring various sorts of teams.

Wow, just read Mykael's reply! That's awesome man. I was working on suggesting you use your abilities, but lost service during my train ride home from holiday in Chicago.

Attached Image Edited: Diarmadhim on 8th Jul, 2016 - 12:13am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 228

Theaton will wander over to a far wall asking Tyg to come with him. Once he is away from the others he will ask her, "Why do you not wish to take your share of the spoils. You have clearly helped us out and deserve it. Plus you can have some trophies to remember the help you provided."

Theaton will have taken the arrows and the +1 composite long bow (+2 strength damage) since no one else asked for it. He would also like the potions of cure moderate wounds. There is four of them if that is ok. He will only take 80 arrows after refilling his quiver. He will tie the other quivers onto his horse. The rest he is willing to share and split with the others.

8th Jul, 2016 - 10:32am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 228

The Second says...

Out of Character: I claimed one of the potions on page 227.

In Character: Zork says, "We can mount up the horses and carry the best of the supplies for sale, but we will have to walk, do you want to do this?"

Out of Character: If we are sleeping the night the fort is best. I like the idea of fast forwarding too. We need to start heading back to Oleg's.




 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.