ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 248 of 279

Yolanda completes the transaction, 900 gold - Page 248 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Sep, 2016 - 3:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 279 pgs.  244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60126
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2016 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 248

Waving away the thoughts, I smile at Yarrow. "Let us check in on the fort. We can continue our exploration after, if you are still interested. I suppose I will just have to make it up to visit the Swordlords at a later date. For now, securing the region will have to suffice."

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2016 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Txtrpg

When Zork's story's over and the day is only half gone, those gathered (A few men and a young lady have joined in listening) press you for details, asking what the various bandits looked like, what was in the fort and other meaningless details. They also begin to discuss the merits of what you did, how it's going to benefit their lives and travel throughout the region, whether death was too harsh of a penalty and various related topics.

The tall dark-hared woman slides to Zork's side, "So, you're not only handsome and brave, but you're also rich now?"

Out of Character: I'll take 2 diplomacy rolls.

KNtoran

While the smoke had a funny smell and an airy quality, it hadn't greatly affected Theaton. The streets are busy as usual.

Out of Character: I just have to clarify that it's Healer's Kits that were on offer. Each kit has 10 uses. The best way to use them is with the Heal skill to Treat Deadly Wounds which consumes 2 uses, but heals 1 hit point per level. It takes an hour and can only be done when injured less than 24 hours ago and the skill can only be done once a day.
It's not as fast as Cure Light Wounds potions, but I think it's more cost effective. It just has the disadvantage of not being instant.

On the other hand, the Troll Styptic is quick. It is a powder is stored in small packets, and when applied directly to wounds grants a living creature fast healing 2 for 2d4 rounds, as well as closing any open wounds the subject has or receives while the styptic is active, preventing ongoing damage from bleeding. This is a painful cure and requires the target to make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being sickened for the duration of the fast healing.
The herbalists didn't mention that last bit, I'm just quoting the rules text.

If you specifically need potions, they point you towards Yolanda's Apothecary.

Aericsteele

Having not washed for a while now, Akiros looks in a bad state as the guards bring him in. His long grey hair is greasy, his stubble is sprouting and his clothes have been swapped for a ripped and stained white tunic, the words 'Restov prison' painted across his back. They drag him in and he looks around with a blank expression, mouth agape.

Once he's seated before you, the guards leave, but the one in the back corner remains.

Hegin begins with simple questions, "Please state your full name."

"Akiros Ismort," come the reply as he focuses on the three people before him, but his expression reveals nothing.

"What is your address?"

"Until recently, the Stag Lord's Fort. Before and after that I was homeless, and my last proper address would have been 12 Bauhart Road, Egede in Mendev."

Hegin nods at the answer, whispering to you and Isa, "His answers seem honest so far, but do you know anything that would truly test him if he's lying? Mykael, could you also lead our line of questioning, while we just check his answers and make a record." You see that Isa has already started writing notes.

Diarmadhim

Starting your return journey to the fort, you take a slight detour to check on the nearby kobold caves. You find an outcrop jutting above the hills surrounded by a few boulders and Caelum spots the detail of a signpost. Out the front is a black scaled kobold standing on watch. He seems to be guarding a cage made of sticks in which there are two grigs.

Out of Character: You were in the same hex as the kobold cave, I just hadn't placed you before you received the Sending.
I will try to update the map later today.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 1st Sep, 2016 - 4:16pm



Post Date: 1st Sep, 2016 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton will head over towards Yolanda's shop to see what she has on sale there. He will see if she has any packing material to sale too to keep the vials safe in a back pack.

1st Sep, 2016 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 248 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael’s eyes follow Akiros as he makes his way across the room and takes his place at the table. When Hegin whispers to him, he leans his head toward the halfling in order to catch what he is saying and then gives a brief nod of understanding.

Sitting up straight, Mykael addresses Akiros “Akiros, this is Hegin and his wife Isa” he motions to the halfling “Hegin is a priest of Iomadae, he maintains the local temple here in Restov. I have told him about your situation and he agreed to meet with you in the hopes of discerning the truth of what you’ve told me about how you ended up in the employ of the Stag Lord, what actions you have taken while in his employ, and the impact those actions may have had on others; ultimately to help in determining what course of action, if any, would best serve justice.”

Mykael’s stern expression softens somewhat “and beyond that… I’d hoped to offer you the chance at some level of absolution, even if it does not mitigate any sentence you may receive for your crimes, it may have an impact on where your soul ultimately finds itself after your arrival at the Boneyard. With that in mind, I would like you to tell Hegin your story.”.



1st Sep, 2016 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork feels the butterflies whirl within but that last mention about him being rich was a turn off. "Another woman after money… " he thinks within his head. He thinks hard of what to say… while putting on a sheepish grin.

Zork II Results:
  • Diplomacy on D20 (+1): 8, 20 (2 rolls)


3rd Sep, 2016 - 8:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Game Master says...

KNtoran

Yolanda's Apothecary is a quaint and small place, clearly built to be wedged between existing buildings. It actually has no walls of its own, having been built from the wooden walls of its neighbours. From the roof hang drying herbs and a few small stoves contain bubbling cauldrons. At the back is a large glass contraption - a network of containers and tubes undergoing various chemical processes - at which sits Yolanda, a wrinkled old woman with silver hair and baggy eyes either side of a beaky nose.

When she hears your requests, she says, "I can brew any legal potion you desire. Obviously, no evil necromancy or potions for use in illegal acts. Any Alchemist formula up to third level.

"For keeping potions safe - well, all of my test tube racks aren't portable. While I do not have a container, I can pour any potion into an Iron Vial, which will make sure it doesn't break in transit. Just 1 silver per vial, but I wouldn't advise too many, since they each weigh a pound.

"A common option I see is people who use a Handy Haversack. They do not have to search for their items, they just think of it and it lies on top of the others. It's also extradimensional, so it will always weigh the same. I don't sell them, but Aisent sometimes stocks them. She owns the Fox's Vault on the corner of Unicorn's Side and the River Road, just west of the docks.

"So what potions would you like and any Iron Vials?"

Aericsteele

"Retell my story?" Akiros asks as he looks around the room. His expression changes to be more resolute, "Under stricter legal conditions? Very well then.

"I was raised in rural Taldor… " He goes on to repeat what Mykael already knows: about joining the church of Iomedae, becoming a paladin and being sent to Mendev. In Mendev he was denied the opportunity to fight in the front line. In Egede he lost his motivation, faith and paladin status. He ran away, traveled for a few weeks, gave away the armor and sword Mykael now has with him, and finally joined the Stag Lord's group of bandits, conducting raids with them.

Isa whispers to you and Hegin, "I can sense some anxiety regarding Egede."

Hegin agrees, whispering back "Yes. I find it difficult to believe that a paladin with holy powers would lose faith. He might be embarrassed or has fled a failure or could have been inundated with responsibilities. We must also ask him if he has been corrupted. Mykael, he seems to trust you. Please question him for us and try to find any inconsistencies."

Out of Character: Hegin is a gnome, but humans do get them confused a lot of the time :)

I will take a Diplomacy roll to establish rapport, plus Sense Motive if you wish.

Zork

While the other patrons have turned their attentions to each other, Zork engages in friendly small talk with the woman. You expertly brush her off, perhaps mentioning that she's not your type, and she accepts it without severing your relations. She returns to her duties acting as a maid in the inn.

As midday drags on to afternoon Benny's Stop begins to fill with merchants stopping over for the day and the tavern floor begins slowly filling up.

Everyone
Out of Character: I updated the map, replacing the Hillside map so you can compare its quality with the previous map. The large dot in the East is Restov, the brown areas you have an old map for, but grey is completely unexplored unless you specifically go out to find a map of those regions.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 248

Theaton looks at Yolanda, "If you would please I would like three of the metal vials of cure moderate wounds please. Thank you for the information about where to get a handy haversack. I will go visit Aisent at the fox vault after you have finished."

4th Sep, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 248

Game Master says...

Yolanda completes the transaction, 900 gold and 3 silver. She also offers to transfer your current stock of potions, an oil and an antitoxin into more iron vials. With 14 of them, that's just an additional 1 gold and 4 silver. Just mention it if you accept.

The riverside is always a busy and rough place, more so as you approach the docks, heading eastwards. Today is no exception and it's even busier with the upcoming festival. There are people hanging decorations and making flower wreaths and the overbearing smell is distinctly burning wood, despite the proximity to the river.

You find the corner, and to your right is a single storey timber framed building. In its front yard are stone sculptures: you recognise an antlered Jackalope, a horned Carbuncle and a leering Rakshasa. That is to say: a large rabbit with antlers, a fat lizard with a single crystalline horn (Except the statue it stone), and a humanoid with a tiger's head and hands that face the wrong way. The sign above shows a picture of a fox sitting atop a barred cell.

Within, the stone floor is very smooth and behind a counter sits a stout gnome lady, looking at you through narrowed eyes and pointing at you with a wand. Behind her is a potion rack and a staff topped with a 10 carat diamond.




 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.