ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 252 of 279

Zork agrees with Theaton and says, "Alright, - Page 252 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Sep, 2016 - 2:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60559
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
13th Sep, 2016 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 252

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim

"Woah!" The bandits react surprised. The head bandit shouts, "No more tricks or we will shoot! Don't move!" The other 4 raise their bows and take aim at the only apparent target.

But Archival summons forth three elementals which move forward at speed, closing half the distance. The bandits loose their readied arrows towards Archival, and two lucky shots hit (Archival 7 damage)!

They load quickly and shoot at the more imminent threat. The elemental on the right is hit once (Elemental A 1 damage) and on the left is hit twice (Elemental C 8 damage). They seem concerned that it wasn't enough to stop the threat.

As the center elemental clashes with the bandit in front, he gets knocked out instantly. The other two also fall down to the flanking elementals' charges. The last two bandits clearly have their morale broken as they look ready to split up and run, unless Archival can do something about it.

Txtrpg

The peasant also thanks you and mimes sewing his mouth shut.

Despite going to the Emeline's inn where Mykael had been last night, Zork can't find him and the innkeeper says he hadn't returned.

So you head over to the Temple of Torag and Cayden, which looks like a tavern with an open window at the front, but turns out to be both a brewery and a church of the dwarvern deity of smiths as well as the accidental god and patron of good adventurers and alcohol, respectively. Inside is decorated as a tavern, with wooden furniture and a small forge in the back, and about half the patrons here are dwarves. The only feature that gives it away as a place of worship is the wooden altar at the far end. Not even the armored clergy stand out unless you specifically look for those wearing grey and gold or tan and silver.

Theaton is there relaxing and having a meal and if you stay here, instead of Benny's Stop, a room will cost 2 gold.

KNtoran

It's quite a surprise when Zork comes in and shares what he knows about the shady Don Orr, a crime boss of the slums on the east side of the city.

Aericsteele

After a day in the muck, exterminating rats both big and small, swarms had gotten into the cracks of your armor and you came across horrible sights like half-eaten bodies, disgusting piles of filth and even a few emaciated people surviving down there - or perhaps they were other creatures.

It was good to be back on the surface in the Bear Hug, washed and relaxing with a few of the other guards that had accompanied you. The others are slowly warming to you and are thoroughly impressed with your ability to hold down excessive amounts of ale and mead. The only downside is you didn't manage to save any of your earnings, but you feel like you have practiced and learned.

Everyone

The day draws to a close (Discussions can be had at night or in the morning and bandits can be chased down on horse). Please include your plan for the next day and I'd just like to point out how formal the award ceremony will be…



Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2016 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork sees Theaton and sits with him to share what he has done and what he has heard. "Where are the others and when will this reward come, I'm getting edgy… maybe I need a drink." He calls over a wench. "A mug of your brew please."



13th Sep, 2016 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

Mykael awakens to the feeling of cotton in his mouth and a dull headache. He looks up at the ceiling of the room for several minutes trying to gather the motivation to drag himself out of bed. Eventually he does so, sitting up for a moment and stretching his arms above his head he lets out a groan. Standing up he scratches his backside and saunters over to his gear, pulls out his waterskin and drinks heavily from it.

Letting out a deep sigh, Mykael looks about the room letting it sink in that he is in fact at an inn rather than the home of his parents. The events of the encounter with his father play out one more time in his head before he shakes it off and pulls his sword from its sheath.

Kneeling down he places the blade of the sword on the ground and leaning his head on the hilt he begins to say his morning prayers which he does in silence until the end when he whispers “Grant me the strength to wield this sword in your name Iomadae, to bring justice and the rule of law to this land.”

Morning devotions completed, Mykael prepares himself for the day. He shaves and splashes water on his face, carefully combs his hair and spends a good deal of time polishing his armor, weapons, and other gear before donning them. By now the dull headache has faded along with the faint hint of ale that had been on his breath upon waking. Having spent most of his time preparing himself he has little time left for breakfast and decides to skip it and make his way to meet up with the others.



Post Date: 14th Sep, 2016 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Page 252 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton smiles at Zork. "Relax my friend we have a couple more days to go yet. Tomorrow we can go see this person you mentioned and see if there is anything to this. For now lets get some sleep and look towards a new day." Theaton wishes him good night and heads up to his room. In the morning he will meet with Zork again and tell him to lead the way.

14th Sep, 2016 - 3:53am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Zork also gets a taste of the famous Caydenbrew, the last beer the man had before he accidentally ascended to godhood. It's a good brew but otherwise unremarkable.

Toilday 2 Erastus

The mild wind buffets Mykael as he passes by the town square - where people are setting up stalls and targets for the day - and heads up to Benny's Stop. You're told Zork didn't stay overnight, so head up the the Temple of Cayden and Torag.

Theaton and Zork are planning for what they're going to do when Mykael walks in and joins them. You're all caught up - there isn't that much information available on Don Orr - and start planning…

Out of Character: Just in case Zork or Mykael don't want to head over straight away.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 14th Sep, 2016 - 3:54am



Post Date: 14th Sep, 2016 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

I summon a lantern archon to dispatch the bandits if they try to flee. I will not allow them to roam free in the area to continue their banditry or seek revenge at a later date. If necessary to ensure their demise, I will also summon some celestial eagles to be commanded by the lantern archon.

Out of Character:
Lantern Archon
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 natural, +1 size), vs Evil: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+2 deflect vs. Evil)
HP 17, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +1, vs Evil: Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +3; +4 vs poison (+2 resistance vs. Evil)
DR 10/evil; Immune to electricity and petrification
Speed fly 60 ft. (Perfect)
Ranged 2 light rays + 3 ranged touch (1d6 each), 30 ft. Range, overcomes damage reduction of any type.
Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds archons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) to resist its effects. Those who fail take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon's aura for 24 hours.
Gestalt (Su): 9 lantern archons can fuse together as a full-round action, becoming a single Large entity that is more powerful than the individual archons that make up its parts. Looking like a whirlwind of dancing firefly lights, the gestalt has all the powers and abilities of a Large Air Elemental plus the following: archon, good, and lawful subtypes; archon traits (Aura of menace DC 16); 2 light rays (2d6); DR 5/evil and magic. The archons can remain in this form for 2d4 rounds. When the gestalt separates back into individual archons, its remaining hit points are divided evenly among them; if it had less than 9 hit points, some of the component archons die when the gestalt ends.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd):
At will - Aid, Continual Flame, Detect Evil, Greater Teleport (Self plus 50 lbs of objects only)
Diehard, Improved Initiative
ST 5, DX 11, CN 16, IQ 6, WS 11, CH 10
BAB +2; CMB -2; CMD 8
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +4
Languages: Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; Truespeech
Celestial Eagle
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 DX, +1 natural, +1 size)
HP 7, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3, SR 5
Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
Diehard, Weapon Finesse
Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft. (Average)
Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4+2), bite +3 (1d4+2)
ST 14, DX 15, CN 16, IQ 2, WS 15, CH 7
BAB +0, CMB +1, CMD 13
Smite Evil 1/day - As a swift action (Adds Charisma bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+1) against evil foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial creature rests).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Sep, 2016 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 252

Game Master says...

The bandits continue to try and run, but the Archon easily catches up to the bandit who ran eastwards. The other bandit continues to try to evade two elementals by heading northwest.

It takes about half a minute and 3 beams hitting (Of 7) from the Archon to bring down the bandit. It flies off in the other direction, joining the second chase. Before it catches up, the bandit runs short of breath and the elementals finish him.

The bandits carry their standard gear and heavy backpacks. 5 longbows, 5 shortswords, 5 leather armors and 5 backpacks which contain furs worth a total of 30 gold as well as 15 red wooden balls and one ball each of white, black, pink, yellow, brown, blue and green. They have a good stock of food, drink and arrows, but no coins. Only one of them has bled out.



14th Sep, 2016 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 252

The Second says...

Zork agrees with Theaton and says, "Alright, let us follow up with the information I got, how do you want to approach it?"




 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.