ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 264 of 279

It would seem that the throng of farmers leaving - Page 264 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Nov, 2016 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
10th Nov, 2016 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 264

Game Master says...

Theaton heads out on this windy day. He feels lighter in weight, like he could travel further, all the way to Fort Serenko without breaking a sweat.

Walking along the road out of town are groups of villagers, clearly returning to their farms after the feast. One of them bemoans missing out on the awards ceremony. Another mentions a rumor that they were going to induct more Swordlords into their ruling circle.

In one of the castle's meeting rooms the Swordlords and Mayor outline their plans. "The reward is ready to be given to you. We have prepared platinum coins, naturally smaller and easier to carry, 500 of them minted either in the capital or here. We were planning on publicly presenting you this reward, to give the people hope and trust that we are always working on their behalf. This would mean a lot to us, are you willing to show off your reward?"

"Secondly, we have to colonize the Stolen Lands, the entire swathe of land 350 miles across. We have made plans to place three settlements initially, across the Stolen Lands. There will be a fourth once the Iron Wriaths deal with barbarians in the Gleneborn Uplands far to the west and resolve border disputes with Pitax and Numeria. As time goes on, we expect more settlements to arise to have a stronger hold on the region - more settlements than Taldor ever built those many centuries ago."

"To this end we have the opportunity to grant noble land-owning title to anyone we see fit. And you, my friends, have been selected to be barons and control the central settlement! Each of you can establish your own noble house and be the first of it's name, a name which you may also decide. We have decided that despite his impetuous behaviour, we will still extend this offer to Theaton. He just has to come back to this castle and we can hold a private ceremony for him, with only key witnesses. Sir Romli just suggests some form of presentability before us."

"Archival, as an Oragor, you have a place in a minor house, but one that is sadly in decline. This is an opportunity to establish your own house and you may discuss vassalage with the rest of your family as you deem fit."

"Let me warn you now, Brevoy is becoming less and less stable by the day. The old order of Issia to the north and Rostland to the south is gaining traction ever since the Vanishing. When the entire Rogarvia family just disappeared without a trace, all pacts Choral the Conqueror made over 200 years ago came undone in the minds of the nobles. Now houses who have been at each others throats for decades can justify war. And the regent, self-titled King Noleski Surtova was not trained for his role of absolute dominion."

"These settlements will give us, as the Swordlords of Restov, the resources and clout to engage in the highest level of politics. Without them, the northern lords refuse to deal with 'just a city-state' and also deny us claim over any regions. The new king has allowed us to change this status quo, and with your help we will. But it is of the utmost importance that you claim to be independent from us to alleviate any suspicion."

"So, are you willing to rule?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2016 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

When asked if willing to show off the reward, I nod my agreement and maintain silence while listening further. As they talk about about the Iron Wraiths dealing with barbarians in the Gleneborn Uplands, I think to Caelum Wow, the Swordlords are planning four settlements to reclaim the Stolen Lands. I can see why they hired people to explore and clear them out of threats. Our job is even more important now than I previously thought.

When told of our appointments as baron, a small gasp of shock and elation escapes my lips, which quickly turns into a slight grin I appear unable to get rid of. My family's surname will not die out with me!

"I will gladly rise to the occasion. Thank you for this tremendous honor! I will do my best to uphold the core values of my family and nation. I would like to take this opportunity to re-establish the house of Oragor. To my knowledge I am actually the last of my house, thus there should be no questions of vassalage and maintaining my name should not cause any confusion."

11th Nov, 2016 - 3:02am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Zork believes that most everyone knows they are going to get a big reward so he says, "I do not mind the ceremony involved in getting my reward." He also likes the idea of overseeing settlements but waits to see what the others have to say before he makes himself look like a lone scout.

12th Nov, 2016 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 264 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Each Swordlord and the Lord Mayor in turn shake Archival's hand as he accepts. However they are solemn and Jamandi Aldori says, "We are sorry to hear that, it is news to us. Our sincerest condolences. I wish we could offer you a higher rank, but you would have to petition the - king - in person."

The gathered gentry look at the others expectantly.

Out of Character: While I would have liked a more Russian or Polish hierarchy for my game, there seems to be little info on them. I'll use the traditional British ranks of peerage for simplicity.

As a student of such things, Archival would know that he is already a baron by descent. However, his claim is weak and he doesn't have a copy of his family tree on hand. Other nobles could easily dispute his position, until now. Now he has full claim and the power to start a tree with himself on top.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2016 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton continues on towards Oleg's. HE will move at a leisurely pace allowing White Fang to roam a bit to look for some game. If White Fang flushes anything Theaton will shoot it so we have dinner. Theaton does have his bow out and a arrow ready as he rides.

14th Nov, 2016 - 5:48am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

For a moment Mykael struggles to process what is happening. A noble title, public rewards, ready to rule? From the beginning of his journey with the party Mykael has tended to look to Theaton as the leader of the group and defer to him, but with Theaton gone and Mykael largely untrained in formal etiquette he tends to follow Archivals lead trying to minimize what he says apart from acknowledging that he will do as the Sword Lords ask of him.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2016 - 11:07am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 264

The Second says...

Zork starts to twiddle his thumbs as he awaits his next move. He has not not picked up a weapon for a long time.

14th Nov, 2016 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 264

Game Master says...

It would seem that the throng of farmers leaving the city scare away any game - White Fang spots nothing to hunt. You pass by Nivakta's Crossing, its villagers tiredly packing up after their own festivities.

At sundown you reach Fort Serenko, where the small contingent welcomes in any villagers and Theaton to stay the night. They don't have enough room to let you into the barracks, but they will let you sleep in the grounds and keep the gate closed. The villagers and guards, including sergeant Nevak, stay up late if Theaton wishes to talk to anyone.

The meeting goes for about half an hour longer as the Swordlords explain your new rights and responsibilities, the legal way to claim land and basics of construction. They promise to send advisers and overseers who will be instructed to follow your plans to keep your barony independent. With the close of the meeting, they ask you to wait around for the ceremony in a couple of hours.

After a while, in comes a mercenary company. Mykael recognises them as the Varnling Host, led by Maegar Varn who is the third son of a noble of Brevoy named Androth Varn. Because title and estate are only inherited by the first son, Maegar would have to earn his own place in the world. Behind him stride his guards, Willas Gunderson and Howitt Gurney, as well as the cleric of Erastil, Caspar Morgarion, and the wizard Cephal Lorentus. Only Maegar and Willas are allowed into their meeting, the others stay outside with you (Unless you wish to explore elsewhere in the Swordlords' castle).

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.