ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 265 of 279

"Cyclops you say?! Fascinating!" - Page 265 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Nov, 2016 - 1:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

12th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60916
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 265

Theaton and Whitefang will find a place to sleep away from the others and no stay up to chat. HE keeps to himself as he will not want to cause any issues with the farmers or others. In the morning he will thank the guards for the night and continue on.

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2016 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael gives Zork a nod of understanding when he sees the fighter twiddle his thumbs and he's not thrilled with the arrival of the mercenaries; even less so when Maegar and Willas are ushered into a private meeting with the Sword Lords. Mykael begins to wonder what the role of the mercenaries will be in the newly established Barony, and exactly who they will answer to? He doubts that it would be to Mykael or his companions, and he can almost feel the strings being attached as he tries to wait patiently and not reveal the anxiety that the presence of the mercenaries is causing him.

He does his best to search his memory to give him any amount of insight into the Varnling Host Mercenary Company or its leader, Maegar Varn. (Making a K/Local check if possible).

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Knowledge Local on D20 (+1): 4 (1 roll)


Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Mercenary company and a noble… " I muse quietly. Recognition and an old memory spring to my mind as I see Maegar Varn. "From what I gathered before I met you at Benny's Stop, Mykael, there was a low-ranking Swordlord named Maegar Varn that was sent out just like we were. He and his mercenary company were sent to secure the Nomen Heights, Dunsward, and the Tors of Levenies while also being a show of force to the centaurs. I wonder how their mission is going."

With that, I walk toward those left out of the Swordlord's meeting to introduce myself. "Well met! I am Archival Oragor. This is Mykael Brewmor and Zork. How goes your mission to secure your assigned portion of the Stolen Lands?"

15th Nov, 2016 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 265 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork, not one for ceremony, looks around the castle. Maybe he might find something interesting but if he does not he will return to the party and ask what their firm plan is considering the new offerings.



15th Nov, 2016 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Fireday 5th Erastus

A thick layer of hoarfrost covers the grass in the fort as Theaton wakes from the discomfort of the cold, and the thick cloud cover indicates it will not get better during the day. Around you, the peasants are shivering and coughing, one mother holding her child very close, wrapped in blankets. The worst affected are taken in to the barracks by the fireplace.

Unless precautions are taken I need a Fortitude save for every hour for 24 hours, and for White Fang and your horse. If you protect yourself and the animals with blankets, you will slow your reaction time, and I will still require 6 checks for the coldest time during the next night. There are other options, of course.




Mykael can remember no further information, just their names.

The old cleric in leathers and green cloth steps forward, "Well met, Sirs Oragor, Brewmor and Zork. I am Caspar Morgarion, head priest of house Varn, and these are Howitt and Cephal. We have toiled long and hard to tame the south of Restov, and we believe we have made enough progress to carve out a portion for ourselves."

Howitt says something in a language nobody recognises - Hallit, the tongue of the barbaric northerners - despite looking more refined and Taldan himself, like Mykael and Zork look. Caspar shoots back at him, but nods in understanding.

"We have suppressed Spriggans - awful and evil gnomish fey with the ability to grow in size - and begun to pacify the centaurs - you know, half-man half-horse. Our results look promising enough that we have interest from scholars wishing to learn from the centaurs and visit old cyclops ruins. We have a nice spot, naturally defensible, that will be bothered by none of the mastodons, rocs, gargoyles nor worgs that are endemic to the region.

"He should be in there discussing his new barony, as I suspect you just were… "

Just as he says that, the doors open and out emerges a beaming Maegar Varn, his eternally serious Ulfen bodyguard and the Swordlords and Lord Mayor. Maegar, briefly says to you, "Congratulations fellow Barons! I look forward to many years of friendship." He walks off with his people.

Mayor Ioseph says, "It's almost show time for the awards! Let's not tarry!" and he heads towards the main courtyard, Swordlords in tow.

Once you reach the courtyard, you see nobles, aristocrats, guild artisans and leaders of all kinds still shuffling in, taking positions in the corridors overlooking the yard and in the entrance hall. Hundreds more people deemed worthy enough to attend stand in the front garden waiting for the show.

On stage is a band playing slow tunes before the awards ceremony begins. They cease as Jamandi Aldori and Ioseph Sellemius take their positions. The High Priest Ezvanki Keegh mutters a prayer and touches them both, before their booming voices ring out to those gathered.

First the awards to those who won the contests are handed out. Two magic longbows go to the winners of target and clout shooting, namely, a powerfully build blond man named Dinas and lithe, sophisticated lady Kale. The same with Shortbow and Light Crossbow categories, but there the cheers aren't as lively for Yala, Origen, Xemne or Zardis (The only halfling). The applause is better for the stone throwers, Gurog in the human-sized category and Zatqualmie the gnome in the short-race category, who smirks at the mispronunciation of his name. They are awarded a magic sling with elementally infused bullets.

Then they present the newest noble of Brevoy, Maegar Varn, to thunderous applause. They tell his life story, the most interesting bit is he almost became good enough at the Aldori dueling technique to join the Swordlords before breaking his foot. Jamandi tells the people that this is his second chance at greatness and he exits to much applause.

Then it is time for the three of you to come out - Caelum has to stand off to the side. First, a highly embellished story of how you sieged the fort and how the Stag Lord's life came to an end. Then the promise of executions for those who transgressed against the city of Restov and nation of Brevoy. A decent pile of platinum coins on a velvet pillow is carried out and handed to the party as the audience claps.

Jamandi then explains how House Orgaor will continue with Archival's renewed claim to nobility and presents the two new Barons, Mykael and Zork. The courtyard and hall erupt in a great wave of cheering.
Mykael sees his uncle sitting in the second row, beaming but making no overt moves. Far in the back someone stands up - Mykael's father - cheering with great vigour and prompting those around him to rise in ovation.
Caelum sees and relays to Archival that two well-to-do men and one lady are whispering in agitation and pointing at the stage. Despite their expensive clothing, they wear little to no jewelry, making them seem out of place.
Zork sees a young man on the second storey, remove his unassuming hat, which turns black along with his clothes. His face ages to reveal Don Orr, who bows in respect before putting his hat back on and maintaining his illusion. The again young-faced man scratches his chin and continues watching.

All the award winners and new nobles, along with the Swordlords and guards, make a lap past the entrance corridor and outside the castle, around the gathered crowd. Returning to the stage, Jamandi invites those in the courtyard and guests of the winners and nobles to a feast in the evening. Then the ceremony comes to a close and the crowd slowly begins to shuffle out, hearts and minds full of positivity and inspiration.

Out of Character: Plenty of choice of what to do here, don't be afraid to give me a long list of if - then statements.

Considering Archival's heritage on his character sheet, it's possible that the Skald language was kept alive by his forebears and you can add it for free. Unfortunately for Zork and Mykael, you're probably Taldan, whose language, Taldane, is what is considered Common on this continent. That could be a point of pride instead of shame.

The Taldan blood has been in Brevoy as a result of exploration for centuries and it lies in the veins of Rostlanders to the south. Racial tension exists between them and the Issians of the north who have mostly Kellid ancestors.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 15th Nov, 2016 - 3:01pm



15th Nov, 2016 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Ignoble says...

Mykael relaxes noticeably when Archival explains his knowledge of Maegar Varn and their role and is much more open to the idea of making their acquaintance by the time Varn returns from his meeting with the Sword Lords. Mykael greets Varn and his party warmly and returns their congratulations on gaining their titles and land though he continues to defer to Archival when it comes to any kind of formal etiquette.

During the ceremony Mykael has to consciously struggle to avoid nervously tugging at his armor, a task that is almost unbearable when the embellished story of the assault against the Stag Lord is presented, but somehow he manages to maintain his composure.

Seeing his father Mykael tries not to look directly at him; his jaw clenches at the memory of his last interaction. Don't get your hopes up father he thinks this is not a step along the road to being a Sword Lord despite how much you would like it to be. If Mykael sees his mother, however, he will look directly at her and give her a look of acknowledgement. For his uncle as well, Mykael gives a small nod of recognition. As the ceremony progresses Mykael becomes more comfortable and allows himself to feel a sense of pride as they process around the castle grounds to the cheers of the crowd.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 265

In the morning Theaton will purchase thick blankets for him, his horse and Whitefang to keep the cold at bay. After which he will buy some blankets for the poorer people so they do not get cold. After wards he will continue his journey.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 265

"Cyclops you say?! Fascinating!" I exclaim in reply to Caspar. "With the threats listed, I hope you and the others that went to the region did not suffer too many losses. My condolences if any occurred. The Greenbelt, while dangerous, was not quite that fearsome. I would say besides the Stag Lord, the worst thing we faced were some werewolves. It is a pleasure to make each of your acquaintances," I add, nodding at Caspar, Howitt, and Cephal.

Before Maegar walks off I reply with a smile and a nod, "Congratulations to you as well! I too look forward to our friendship. Let us speak of an alliance and commerce plans once we have settled into our roles!"

During the recounting and embellishment of what occurred during the siege I smile slightly, finding it comical but understanding it is for the people's morale. I elbow Mykael gently in the ribs and grin when his family makes their presence known with their vigorous cheers. Seeing Mykael become tense, I make a mental note to inquire what has occurred at a later time.

When Caelum relays the agitated individuals, I send him a telepathic message, "Attempt to get closer and listen in on what they are saying." With a mental nod he moves quietly closer, attempting not to draw attention to himself.


 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.