ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 266 of 279

During the feast and meeting the various advisors, - Page 266 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Nov, 2016 - 5:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 279 pgs.  262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
16th Nov, 2016 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 266

The Second says...

Zork is taken aback by it all and more surprised by the presence of Don Orr. He tries to make a sign to meet after without everyone else noticing. If so, he will meet on the outside and ask what he thought about the proceedings. While talking he will try to gather more information about him.

Zork II Results:
  • Sense motive on D20 (+0): 5 (1 roll)
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 23 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2016 - 7:49am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Before the ceremony, replying to Archival, Caspar says briefly, "Just two recruits were injured. My channeling of Erastil's grace saved them from a worse fate. Werewolves sound like quite a challenge too, you deserve what you have achieved."

Meagar Varn smiles proudly at your sentiments saying, "Of course, when our economy gets strong enough, we would love to trade".

During the ceremony Caelum had not been able to get much closer without one of them looking in his direction, and it appeared that whatever they were whispering had come to a close.

Zork sees Don Orr shake his head, point at himself then point at you. He doesn't reappear after the ceremony, having blended into the crowd as it left. He also won't be present at the feast.

The castle servants begin their clean up and bring in tables into entrance hall, setting up for a feast. Where to? Do you stay? For how long? Who do you talk to?

The guards decide they can make quick cash from your needs and charge you a gold per blanket. With 17 people around it could set you back as much as 20 gold - or just 3 for you, WF and horse. The farmers can always stay inside for the day - up to you how much is spent.

A light snowfall somewhat obscures vision during the next day, but aids in the hunting as White Fang spots a bright orange fox. He throws off his blanket and circles wide to bring him into Theaton's range. A rapid shot of two arrows to the spine and head fells it and you prepare it for food and fur.

Slowed slightly by the snow you get halfway before stopping to camp. The night is freezing clod and mighty uncomfortable, but nothing serious befalls you.

The next day maintains the chill in your bones, but doesn't add to it. By the early afternoon it is warm and you are welcomed in to the trading post by Oleg.

Out of Character: It should have been the full Fortitude save, not just Con. As a heavy horse, it should have rolled at +8. For some reason the writers decided that the full save doesn't apply to forced marching of staying up but it does to hot and cold environments… So the non-lethal damage taken during the night is below, but you heal it up at the rate of level per hour, so it should all be recovered.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 17th Nov, 2016 - 7:52am

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Theaton on D6 (+0): 3 (1 roll)
  • WF on D6 (+0): 3, 4 (2 rolls)
  • Horse on D6 (+0): 4, 2 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton would frown at the guards for taking advantage of the people like that but he will pay 25 gold to see they all have food and blankets. He will bid his farewell while telling the guards to remember fate and karma have a way to come back on those who cheat. HE heads out as before and will enjoy the nice fresh snow fall.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 266 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Part of the duty of every nobleman is to make connections. As such, I will stay for the feast. I willingly associate with everyone that strikes up a conversation and also inquire where I should recruit guards for my fort and how best to attract settlers for the new barony.

In addition, I ask Zork and Mykael, "Have either of you seen Kesten? Do you know where he is staying or how I can get in touch with him? I would like to look into his progress on hiring that team of cavalry archers for me."

Later when a private moment is afforded to us, I ask Mykael, "Is everything alright friend? You seemed a tad… perplexed during the ceremony."

17th Nov, 2016 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork stays, he wishes to observe in a corner of the place if that is even possible, to see who comes and maybe pickup some valuable information from drunk lips.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 19 (1 roll)

17th Nov, 2016 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

Mykael will stay for the feast as well; like Archival he recognizes the need to make connections and garner any amount of support that they can. In response to Archivals attempt at locating Kesten Mykael cannot offer any help.

When questioned about the ceremony Mykael becomes somber and shakes his head "It's nothing" he says "Family matters. The last contact with my father upon returning was… a bit tense." Mykael does his best to shake it off and put a smile on his face

"I appreciate your concern my friend. I will be fine, but it looks like we have a lot of work ahead of us in the near future."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2016 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 266

Game Master says...

The guards think on Theaton's warnings, and begin helping the villagers with a little more gusto.

It takes two days to get to Oleg's in the afternoon of the 6th. The guard Tarak is on duty and he opens for you. Oleg greets you, "Ah, Theaton! Back so soon? How was the reception of the bandits at Restov. Do they hang yet? Oh, and you must have seen the Archerfeast celebrations! What did you think of them?"

Svetlana and the off-duty guard, Maerrun, sit and listen in.

The feast is exquisite, but in no way beyond the city's means. A keen eye would notice some expenses spared - trays of clay, horn and copper, Steel chandeliers with some candles missing, bare tables, and each course for food leaves you wanting just a little bit more.

Varn is there with his mercenaries and they cajole and make a mess, really going to town on the free food and drink.

To your surprise Kesten is present at another table. It turns out that he was promoted to lieutenant, but he continues to mope about having more responsibilities now.

With similar goals, Archival and Mykael quickly get in contact with the foremost experts in hiring mercenaries and the processes the Swordlords use to do so. Kesten offers to help actively in such endeavoours as he hasn't been assigned a company to command yet and it could take ages for the bureaucratic process.

In his observations, Zork sees all the most important people from a variety of fields. Due to the work day tomorrow, none of them are getting too drunk except for the Harbormaster, Head of Sewerage and Chief Tax Collector. The person sitting beside Zork sounds like he's trying to attract the lady two seats down be claiming his father had met a silver dragon!

You also meet a bunch of advisers, councillors, diplomats and envoys who are there to help you start your settlement strong, help you with the sudden transition and teach you the basics, with the option to stay on if you desire..

Out of Character: I should have mentioned in the previous post, Mykael's mum had been sitting next to his father, and just played along with his actions.

I know Theaton isn't at the feast, but KNtoran, you can still have an input to this below.

We will be transitioning to the second book within a few posts. The next chapter begins with the foundation of your first settlement and expansion of your barony. This will use Pathfinder's Kingdom Building rules, which can be found at either of the online resources with a search. While the rules are extensive, I would prefer to think of it as an opportunity for you to be imaginative, with rules to support the creativity. If you want more rules to cover more creative thoughts, there is a paid 3rd party supplement called Ultimate Rulership which I have had for a while. It just adds more detail to something that it quite an abstracted system (Almost plays like the Civilization computer games)

It doesn't use the 3.5 stronghold rules like you might have wanted, Diarmadhim, but isn't mutually exclusive if you really want to focus on your residence. You can keep the idea in reserve until you build a palace or castle (And get free resources as a result of BP spent) or we can do it completely separate.

Your characters will also have weeks on end of downtime to pursue non-adventuring activities (I know we've had a dry spill with combat recently but please bear with me).

Any further questions, opinions, discussion is welcome in the questions topic.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 266

During the feast and meeting the various advisors, councilors, diplomats, and envoys, I ask things such as "What exactly does it take to start a settlement?" and "Are each of us that defeated the Staglord to start our own settlements, since we were each assigned as barons?"

When I see Kesten I make my way to him. "Congratulations on your promotion! I'm sure wherever you are assigned next will find you to be a true boon! I wonder… Would you care to request to be assigned to the settlement I am to start? I would be honored to have you be a part of it and can think of no one I would trust more to aid in its protection. Also - have you had any luck in hiring those cavalry archers with the money I gave you?"

Out of Character: I've been reading the Ultimate Campaign book, which also has the information on kingdom building. I'll checkout the Ultimate Rulership book too, thank you for the heads up!

I noticed that d20pfsrd and Ultimate Campaign state that "In general, 1 BP is worth approximately 4,000 gp" on p. 204. On p. 205 of Ultimate Campaign, a table is shown that goes into more detail:

"Kingdom Size 01-25, price of 1 BP = 1,000 gp.
Kingdom Size 25-50, price of 1 BP = 2,000 gp.
Kingdom Size 51-100, price of 1 BP = 3,000 gp.
Kingdom Size 101+, price of 1 BP = 4,000 gp."

It's okay about the Stronghold stuff; I won't worry about it. Having pre-generated buildings will actually probably be much less time consuming. Is it okay if I stick with the feat we had previously discussed and just translate the gold into BP?

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.