ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 267 of 279

While traveling Zork could not help but think - Page 267 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Nov, 2016 - 12:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 267

Out of Character: . I posted in the question thread but to elaborate here. I believe we labeled that hill TZ. If Theaton can have that area the hex and the one directly below it and the two directly left of them he would be happy. Like I said I do not know how big a Barons lands are but if he could have that or more?

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2016 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Zork gets up from the table, "Gentlemen and lady I bid you a good evening. It is time for me to retire as I have a settlement to build." He then makes arrangements with the advisors about starting his settlement.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2016 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: When Theaton finds out about the barony he will meet with Zork. Theaton will explain where he wants to start his barony at and where he would like to expand to. He will ask that Zork build someplace close so that we can remain friends and protect each other if any one threatens the other. Theaton offers this to Mykael and Archival too.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2016 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 267 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

I stay at the dinner and share my plans to develop a settlement at the fort. I will make connections with everyone I can and seek additional seed money in addition to finding people that will be able to help run the settlement. I will take the time to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of those available.

If Kesten has not yet hired the team of cavalry archers I had commissioned, I will attempt to do so.

When Theaton offers an alliance I gladly accept.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 20th Nov, 2016 - 6:49am

20th Nov, 2016 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Responding to Archival, the advisers say, "Ah, umm, well I guess you technically could as barons, but we didn't expect that… The greenbelt is a harsh place and you may end up banding together out of necessity. There are many difficult roles involved in keeping a barony running. Do you know enough people to take those positions of power?"

"After you've chosen your people, you need to choose a place and we can send people to migrate there."

Kesten replies, "Oh, congratulations! I already sent the troops over, just a day after we arrived in town. They must almost be on point by now."

"Why, I would love to have another promotion so soon! I know all the theory - just point me at the enemy."

After the feast is over, the true magnitude of the task at hand dawns on you.

Archival has to leave with Kesten to lead planners and surveyors to the fort. Zork and Mykael probably head to Oleg's to inform Theaton and catch him up. Oleg congratulates you, but doesn't seem elated - he moved here to escape civilisation after all. Back at Restov, in a private ceremony that White Fang is allowed to attend, Theaton is bestowed title and land.

With nothing built yet the advisors call a meeting of you all and give their input into your separate settlement plans. The Stag Lord's fort has a solid foundation which would make a castle cheaper by half and after a few blessings from Pharasma, the restless dead shouldn't rise again. The hill itself is very defensible and the fish in the river to the east and lake to the south are plentiful. The bodies of water can also border your village allowing you to build naval buildings. They really praise this area for settling and recommend the 2 BP investment to prepare the hills.

When the advisors check the gold vein and Temple of the Elk, they can tell you that the temple can be refurbished at half price of a full temple and included into the settlement after a little land clearance - costing 4 BP. Then, with a little patience, the plentiful resource can be claimed and a proper mine built with an excellent projected output.

Either at the feast or in the ensuing weeks, you also gain the attentions of the various noble houses of Brevoy, the most prominent churches and some powerful organisations. Many of them request to send you representatives for a meeting. Namely, Houses Lodovka, Medyved, Garess and Lebeda, and the Churches of Abadar, Gorum and Erastil, as well as the Merchant's Guild of Restov. There are more, if you wish to contact them, discoverable through knowledge and/or diplomacy checks.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

When asked if I know enough people to take those positions of power, I inquire further into how many positions there are and what qualities each of the positions should have, such as strength, tenacity, wisdom, intelligence, and force of personality. Upon learning everything I can and Caelum taking copious notes, I thank them for their time and assistance. "I have already chosen a suitable location for starting the settlement," I state and pull out my copy of the map. "It is located here," I point, "And is quite defensible as well as central in the region."

"Thank you Kesten for completing that task for me. Let us seek out the appropriate individuals to get you assigned this promotion!" I will then look for whomever would be in charge of such a thing and seek to have it confirmed.

Back at the fort I thank the advisors for their assessments and will commit 2 of my 5 BP to prepare the hills for settling. I take note of the advantage of temple and state I will keep it in mind once we are able to expand out that way.

After meeting with the team of cavalry archers, the advisors, and starting the settlement, I meet with all of the aforementioned representatives and seek out as many as I can via diplomatic ties. During each meeting, Caelum is always present and attempts to determine the motives and trustworthiness of those we meet with.

Out of Character: As part of my post I assume they share the information with me for Leadership Roles according to p. 200-204 of the Ultimate Campaign book.

Q1: Were you allowing us to translate gold into BP, and if so, were you using the table on p. 205 of the Ultimate Campaign book?

Q2: Are you wanting to start the two new players off as individuals sent by the Swordlords to fulfill a couple of the various roles?

Q3: A Kingdom must have all of its hexes connected, yes? As such, while I'd love to have the Temple of the Elk be a part of the settlement, it's not feasible to start with it, largely due to only being able to claim 1 hex at a time right now.

I think a Lawful Neutral kingdom alignment will be best since it will give +2 Economy and +2 Stability.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Nov, 2016 - 6:21am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 267

Ignoble says...

With his newly attained title Mykael pays another visit to Hegin and Isa to discuss his desire to bring the faith of Iomadae to the upcoming barony and asks if there is anything that they are able to do to assist him in this even if it is merely agreeing to resettle once he is able to establish a shrine or a church in the new settlement.

Mykael also goes to pay Akiros another visit and, now that he has a noble title, puts in a request for the fallen paladin to be given an opportunity to repent and make reparations to his victims through service; perhaps the powers that be would allow Akiros to serve in employ of Mykael and his companions and part of his earnings he could donate to some form of community project or toward defense?

Either way he will accompany Archival back to the fort and will pay for half of the settlement preparation cost (So Mykael will pay 1BP and Archival can pay 1). Mykael would want to have a discussion with Archival about the plans for the settlement recognizing that the fort technically belongs to Archival as he was the one who claimed it and the others allowed him to do so. But a government will need to be established and Mykael would want to know what that is going to look like. Again,given that Archival has claimed the fort, Mykael would suggest that Archival take on the primary leadership role for the settlement while Mykael could take on the military and law enforcement elements, basically the role of General, Marshal, or Warden.

Combined the pair would still have 8BP to work with and Mykael would want to sit down with Archival to discuss how these resources should be applied.

Out of Character: : Do we want to do role play this meeting out or just discuss it in general terms?

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Diplomacy (Isa & Hegi) on D20 (+3): 23 (1 roll)
  • Diplomacy (Akiros) on D20 (+3): 15 (1 roll)

21st Nov, 2016 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 267

The Second says...

While traveling Zork could not help but think about that half elf. He also thinks about the many horrors he has seen and the pain he felt from battle. This has caused inner demons to form that causes him to be insensitive to life. He is getting older and its time to settle down and regain a connection to nature and others beyond killing.

While he is glad for his new appointment he decides to go easy and slow first starting with his own home and settling down. Grizzly, instead of being a dog of war becomes his pet… able to run free in the woods without having to worry over attacking. Zork's horse has a lighter burden and can now eat grass without carrying armor. In time he finds companions for both.

Zork retires, it may be young for some but not for him as he seeks to find peace in his life and settle down with his own family.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.