ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 268 of 279

Out of Character: Theaton has no problem with - Page 268 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Nov, 2016 - 12:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 268

Theaton will go to the area he wants to build up and will start with a simple house. He will talk with nature and invite his fey friends to come assist him. He will build up natural defenses around his place that will help keep the area safe. As the mining of gold and gems begins he will use the stone that is removed to work on making a nice house foundation and walls. He will invite Zork to come for a share in the profits of the mine.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2016 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I will allow depositing gold into BP at the full rate, just to avoid confusion and discourage optimization. That is depositing 4000 gold earns 1 BP and withdrawing 1 BP earns 2000 gp, but decreases your citizens loyalty (Temporarily - unless it spirals out of control).

New players - not sure yet, so much happened all at once…

The information regarding the 4 BP cost to clear the forest and the temple at half price was intended for KNtoran, as he expressed interest in that area.

When picking a kingdom alignment, also consider the political structure and set of laws that stems from that. Consider Restov is CN, and has a Lord Mayor technically in charge, but heavily influenced by the Swordlord council. In the streets everyone is free to move up in society, but also duelling is prominent.

Thanks Aeric for the initiative Mykael is taking in your second paragraph, there may be a further request related to that.

Up to you if you wish to rol play your meetings or not. There's also the option of roleplaying how exactly you free/extradite Akiros. KNtoran, you can roleplay the meetings with the fey and the advisors. Just tell me what you want to play out and what you're willing to abstract away.

Txtrpg, I don't want to push you, but do you have time for a few more posts before retiring? If not I believe that you would follow Theaton.

Theaton has to decide if he wants to settle next to the gold vein or by the temple. The hills with the gold will cost 2 BP to clear and settle, but the mine will cost a further 6 BP to improve. Whereas in the forest it costs 4 BP to clear but, Jhod's Temple halves the price/time of a temple.

Also the fey react badly to logging - they recommend using dead wood and stone. Or they will instruct you which trees to cut to minimise damage to the environment, allow for regrowth and no disrupt animal habitats. They mention that if you were a long lived full elf that maybe you could shape the living trees into your desired shape, but it would take years.

With the fey's expertise and assistance, you can get 2 BP from them, but have to promise to build ample parks in exchange. Also, the lessons from Tyg-titter-tut and stress of communicating with fey non-stop combine so that Theaton permanently knows the Sylvan language.

So Theaton has his first investor, and Archival and Mykael got critical diplomacy rolls! So you have ALL the contacts. Do you just want me to list them, or would you prefer role play? Possibly role play only the biggest investors if you can be bothered? Sharing the contacts with Theaton - or only the offers you reject? Can I also get diplomacy from Theaton?

Oh and lastly, the Stag Lord's fort is such a good location that it flat out gives a +1 to each of the three base stats.
There were tools and goods in the fort as well, amounting to 3 BP. Up to your characters to argue over it.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 22nd Nov, 2016 - 2:44pm

22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

The dream came upon Mykael in a flash. Images of demons ravaging the countryside, pouring out from a great rift. He found himself on a hill overlooking a horrendous maw in the Earth with screams of rage and cries of wretched agony issuing forth from the abyss. His heart pounded in his chest and the horror of it was nearly overwhelming but he stood firm. His Lady… the warrior woman who had appeared to him when he first came across the sword and armor that bore her symbol, she stood next to him her plate armor reflecting the flames that were sprouting up throughout the wounded field.

“Send me, my Lady” Mykael announces boldly “I will join the Crusade and work diligently to close the World Wound! Send me!”

The sky was covered in thick black clouds and he was surrounded in darkness akin to dusk despite Mykael’s understanding that it was mid day. The womans eyes never left the great wound in the Earth as she spoke “No Mykael… you will fight this blight upon the land but in a different way.”

“What would you have me do then, my Lady?”

“The faith of many has faltered in the face of such evil and too few there are who truly understand the peril that faces the entire world. My Crusade has taken the lives of so many, yet the World Wound is barely held back and contained. Help them to understand. You are among my chosen paladins… be the spark that ignites the flames of faith and justice. The flames of faith must spread so that we may fight fire with fire.”

The Lady’s eyes finally move from the wasteland and fixate on Mykael with such a look of determination that it forces his heart to leap up into his throat and he swallows hard. “I will do whatever you ask of me My Lady.”

“Build my Church. It will act as a beacon of light calling out to all people. It will serve to rally the faithful and bring others to the cause. And remain vigilant, for one day, I will indeed send you.”

Mykael unsheathes his sword and falls to one knee bowing his head “I will do as you command” he says firmly “and on the day you call, I will answer.”

Out of Character: : I hope it’s ok that I took some liberties on this in terms of Mykael’s interaction with Iomadae; I’m using this dream sequence to help explain Mykael’s motivations. In the end it’s obviously up to the GM whether this interaction was genuine or merely a figment of Mykael’s imagination.

Role playing out all the meetings I think would take up too much time and focus, but whatever the GM feels would be an interesting role play encounter though is fine with me. If Mykael is not able to secure extradition for Akiros then I think he would just have to accept whatever fate the authorities of Restov have in mind for Akiros. Mykael would probably be looking at a deferred sentence of sorts for Akiros; basically the sentence would be death but this sentence would be stayed as long as certain conditions are met.

I’m thinking that maybe Kesten would be good for possibly the warden position while Mykael would want Isa and Hegin to help him establish Iomadae’s faith in the new Kingdom.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 268 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will listen to the Fey and he will not take any tree without their permission. He wants to live peacefully with them and include them in all. That is why he wanted to use the stone from the mine as it is better prepared for mining. He will build his place closer to temple than the mine so he can help Jhod as needed and plus have Jhod be the church in the area.

I will let the Dungeon Master decide the diplomatic roles.

23rd Nov, 2016 - 4:44am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Out of Character: : Another question relating to what appears to be the PCs going down slightly different paths. I'm trying to fill out the Kingdom Sheet but I'm not sure whether we are working with one "Kingdom" or if Theatons settlement is going to essentially be a separate kingdom from Archival and Mykael's. It sounds as though they are basically two separate baronies/kingdoms since two separate hexes are being claimed.

Either way if we don't fill all of the leadership roles we will suffer penalties so one of the things we need to consider is filling those roles as soon as possible unless Icon is going to hold off on the Kingdom Turn Sequence, not use it, or modify it. I was looking at filling out a Kingdom Sheet for reference but then I realized that I wasn't sure whether I should include Theaton's settlement or not.

I'm good with splitting the gold as normal but if there is going to be two separate baronies how do we figure out what to do with the funds in the party pool? Should we continue to maintain it assuming that we will be adventuring together in the future or split it up?

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 23rd Nov, 2016 - 4:48am

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2016 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

When questioned by Mykael on what type of government we should create I reply, "I have been giving it quite a bit of thought, my friend. The truth is that I am not sure. I have spoken with the advisors at length on the subject. There are examples of the various government types throughout the continent. Part of me leans toward an autocracy of some sort. There are no true drawbacks to that form of government. Nor are there any real boons for it. Regardless, I think I would want our realm to be one of built upon laws that protect the rights of individuals from the masses."

"Since you and I are working together to form and nurture the settlement, I think we should promote policies that represent the best of both of us; specifically, law and neutrality. I will gladly rise to the task of taking on the primary leadership role. My family and then my uncle raised me for such a task."

"Choosing best fits for each role is difficult. Every role seems to have different characteristics that do best in them and added to that each role is further aided by being able in certain areas of knowledge."

For example - your strength is your most obvious characteristic. That would make you more suited to being a general, warden, or even a royal enforcer. That being said, your heartiness and personal charisma are almost as considerable as your strength. Those two characteristics would also make you suited at potentially being a councilor, grand diplomat, high priest, magister, or marshal."

"We can further whittle down where you would best fit by looking at your competencies: a general should have a firm grasp of what it takes to be a soldier; a royal enforcer should know how to effectively intimidate others; a warden should have a strong grasp on engineering; a councilor should have local knowledge; a grand diplomat should be schooled in the art of diplomacy; a high priest should have an unshakeable knowledge of their religion; a magister should have an impeccable understanding of the arcane; and a marshal should be skilled in the art of survival - much like Theaton."

Running my hand through my hair and letting out a heavy sigh, I continue, "Determining what role an individual is best suited to fulfilling is an art almost as great as magic. I am somewhat ashamed to say that I personally have a weakness for the role of primary leader. I am not versed in history of other nobles. There are few better than me in the art of diplomacy and I have a firm grasp of the arcane as well as linguistics… but of my many tutors, I never had one that shared the backgrounds of various noble families. I am learning though! I will not be a burden - of that I assure you! I am fervently studying and will shore up my weakness in that regard," I finish with determined nod and look of steely resolve.

"It has come to my attention that you have requested the release of Akiros. Knowing what we do now, I wish I had been a bit more resolute in my stance that we as a group were the ones that should have determined his punishment, just as we did with Burke and Piter. Please let those that are responsible for the decision to release him or not know that I too back your desire. I don't need to know what caused you to change your position. The fact that you have changed your mind and want his release is more than enough. You have my trust and respect. Thank you, again, for being willing to work with me to make this area a better place."

When we are back at the foundling settlement, I take Mykael to meet the kobolds and make our plans known. Hopefully we can work together and even include them in the settlement.

When Oleg expresses his concerns I attempt to assuage them. "Worry not, Oleg. My settlement will be located at the old fort seized from the Stag Lord. While your trading post would likely make an excellent keystone for a settlement, I would not deem to make either of you uncomfortable. That being said, Mykael and I find ourselves potentially in need of individuals to help fill leadership roles. Please let us know if you might be interested. Regardless, thank you for all of the help and support you have provided to us during our time in the Greenbelt."

Despite the majority of my time being spent studying, having meetings with Mykael to make plans and preparations, and going with him to make the acquaintance of all of the contacts we have made, I have still managed to meet a potential love interest. As such, what little free time I have during my visits to Restov is spent in her company.

Out of Character: So we're all of the same accord to keep doing the 10% of all money acquired being set aside for the party loot (In case of deaths, etc.) before splitting it. Good stuff! As for the stuff in the fort, with there just being three of us now it is only fair to give Theaton 1 BP, Mykael 1 BP, and myself 1 BP. Side note - check my hidden message.

It looks like Theaton's getting Jhod and Zork for his settlement's leadership roles according to ICon, so I guess we're doing two kingdoms? Did you want to have your own kingdom too Mykael? If so, did you want to start off with your own settlement, or start one after we've had some time to build up the economy of the first one?

ICon, is it possible to have multiple settlements under one leadership, or does each village need their own set?

Theaton & Mykael - If it is possible to have multiple settlements under one group of leaders, do we still want to form our own settlements right now, or do you think we should start with one settlement, get it running strong, and then expand once we have excess resources?

I will be using 5 days to retrain a one skill rank. I am replacing Handle Animal with Knowledge (Nobility). It will cost me 300 gold to do so. Archival is determined to keep his word to Mykael.

I think roleplaying all of the meetings would be a bit much and would also require a ton of work from ICon. If you want to, I will, but I'm not adverse to getting a summary of each meeting instead. Mykael and I each rolled really well on our Diplomacy rolls and Caelum did too with his Sense Motive check, so I'm looking forward to whatever you decide!

One final thought - going over my notes I noticed that Kesten had promised us each a masterwork weapon of our choice for capturing Sneeg alive. I had given four potential ideas. The first was kind of tongue in cheek (A composite longbow with the highest draw strength imaginable). The second was an underwater crossbow. The third and fourth were a heavy crossbow and a sling blade. Just curious which one he decided to go with biggrin.gif

Sorry for the long post.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 23rd Nov, 2016 - 8:55pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2016 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 268

Ignoble says...

Mykael considers Archivals position on the overall direction that they should take regarding policy for a moment, rubbing his chin as he thinks on it before responding. “I certainly do value law and justice, but I worry about the concept of law that is not tempered with the desire for the common good. I think the common good should be foremost on our minds while placing emphasis on the spirit of the law over the letter of the law.”

“After all, if we were to take Piter and Burke as examples, the letter of the law basically called for their beheading and had we turned them over to the authorities that would likely have been their fate, but we understood what the spirit of the law was and saw the value in their lives, the same goes for Akiros.”

Obviously between lawful good and neutral good Mykael would prefer that the barony be lawful good but between lawful neutral and neutral good Mykael would prefer the neutral good. Mykael and Archival share the good alignment and Mykael is willing to compromise on the lawful vs. Neutral parts of their alignments to ensure that the good is represented.

“There are roles that must filled, and there are some that may lie vacant I suppose. I have learned some military skills during my time, but I would hardly say that I was well versed in this area. I must also admit that I have more zeal than I do knowledge when it comes to my faith, and given that Iomadae is not widely worshiped or venerated in this area I think I would do more harm than good as a high priest and this land is certainly in need of Iomadae’s faith if you ask me. Perhaps Isa or Hegin could fill this role?”

Mykael’s forehead furrows as he thinks about it further “Truth be told, I’m not sure how well suited I am to any real leadership role. Perhaps Royal Enforcer, but then this is not an essential role that must be filled.”

Of the skills that Archival listed as being associated with the various roles, Mykael’s highest skill is in Intimidation which is why he suggested Royal Enforcer, but this role being vacant does not incur any penalties like the others do, so it’s not really priority to have it filled at the moment. Being that General is strength based, this may be the best role for him at the moment.

Out of Character: : I think it would be best to pool our resources into one settlement at first rather than trying to start three individual settlements. If Theaton and Zork would join us in building the settlement around the fort we could expand out to the gold mine and the temple later on (Or at least if Zork would grant his share of the 5BP to us). One reason Mykael choose to work with Archival at the fort is because it is a good solid defensive structure, it may need some work but at half the cost it will give a decent base to begin with. We can do a lot more to build up the settlement with 20BP versus only 10.

Theaton, are you sure you don’t want to join us?

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 268

Out of Character: Theaton has no problem with joining you but he still wants his own place out by the edge of the forst and closer to the mine. That is why he chose that area. HE wants to save the forest area around there so that creatures of the forest can live in peace and be happy. HE has no issue with joining your kingdom. Does that make sense.
As a ranger by trade he does not like to see the forst razed to create farmland and homes. IF he joins the kingdom then his biggest request is the four hexes he wants are saved for the forest area and his home.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.