ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 271 of 279

Jesla's eyebrows rise as she studies - Page 271 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Nov, 2016 - 1:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
27th Nov, 2016 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 271

Ignoble says...

Mykael studies Kresnik and Jesla for a moment as the prisoners that Jesla presented kneel down in submissions. Studying people is something that he has come to do with nearly everyone he meets after discovering that Iomadae had granted him the ability to identify those with evil hearts. Satisfied that neither of their hearts hold evil intent hears the out but continues to defer to Archival for interaction with them beyond initial pleasentries. He looks to Archival and Theaton once Jesla is done and nods in agreement at their assessment. Once they are alone again Mykael listens to Archival and then speaks up

Mykael nods at Archivals suggestions regarding the law "The right to life and property should indeed be held with high regard and vigourously protected by the government. The law should apply to everyone, high and low, and it should be applied equally and justly. Since I am currently the general of a non-existent army perhaps I can dedicate some of my free time to the development of a legal system that we may institute to punish wrongdoers accordingly while allowing for the possibility of rehabilitation. Unless of course you all feel that this is something best suited for the Marshal or the Warden."

But Mykael shakes his head at the idea that Peter and Burke's debt has been paid, "While agree that bringing them here is a good idea I think it is important that they pay the resitution that they were sentenced to pay before we consider their debt to society paid. We should keep them on a probation of sorts until they do pay this debt. Perhaps that is something that the Royal Enforcer could coordinate and oversee. Does anyone have an idea of how much they still owe?"

He is also uncomfortable with the idea of exclusive trade agreements or alliances "I agree with Archival, we ought to avoid such economic and political entanglements as far as possible, especially when we are in such a vulnerable state. And I also agree that we should not be quick to commit to any long term projects in exchange for short term gains. While a road to Olegs Trading Post would certainly be beneficial in the long run, and something we should strongly consider in the future, I would be hesitant to attach timelines to such a project."

Out of Character: : I think many of the roles are little more than name only titles at this point. Mykael for example is going to be the General but at the moment he is the general of a non-existent army. I would imagine that our settlement at this point in time consists of maybe a handful of settlers. The 2BP we've spent was only to clear the hex and prepare it for settlement. I don't think we even have any real structures so we still need to spend at least 1 to 3BP for tenements or houses (I think houses are preferable to keep the unrest down). Ultimate Campaign recommends the initial buildings be watchtowers or an inn. Since we are a frontier region I don't know how much use an inn would be at this point so maybe the watchtower should be our first construction project (That costs 12BP) while we work on completing the castle unless Icon considers the fort to be the equivalent of a watchtower until it is upgraded in which case we can go with an inn, tavern or maybe a shop to try and jump start the economy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"Well they can start the road here by the fort and make a nice road for the settlers to walk upon while we figure things out. I would like a decent road up towards my lands so that it will make my traveling easier. I know it will not be a direct road as I have a forest that I want protected and clear of roads if at all possible. Plus a road will help the transport of mineral and gold from the mine."

Theaton prefers to be called Theaton right now to his peers and friends. Others can call him Lord Theaton.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Walking away from the meeting room, Kresnik tries to chat with the striking young woman he'd just met, oblivious to any subtle attempts to end the conversation, "Jesla was it? Congratulations on your appointment. My name is Kresnik, and I suspect we'll be seeing more of each other in the times to come. I might actually be able to assist in your new job from time to time if you wish. If nothing else, I have a neat trick for locating certain objects, such as this one's trousers should he be foolish enought to try and run."

The gnome pauses and sniffs the air for a moment before blurting out in a rush, "Ooh, do you have a cat? Can I pop by sometime and see her? I love cats, but haven't been able to keep one lately, Sticky has an unfortunate tendency to eat things about that size, I haven't been able to teach her the difference between a pet and food. Its a shame really, she's a good gecko otherwise, and a wonderful companion. Saved my aging behind on more than one occaison."

Out of Character: Just a suggestion, I've been taking a look at the rules for this stuff. It appears to me that from a pure efficiency standpoint, maximizing farm output early on via grassland farms is your best bet to begin with. It is much less wasteful to pay for further development with farm BP than by using economy BP to pay for it. With that in mind, focusing on claiming the grassland hexes first to the temple and then to Oleg's would not be a horrible idea (As unrest and development costs allow of course). Though yeah, I agree on taking your time on completing the full road.

After a while, when when you have a fair amount of BP to work with and are trying to bootstrap the economy proper, try starting with a Caster's Tower. Medium (And later major) magic items seem to be the most efficient investment in that regard.

Also, speaking of magic items, Kresnik is willing to take commissions to craft wondrous items (Lots of good stuff in that category). As people he wishes to closely work with, but ultimately doesn't know, he'd be charging you guys about 80% market price, with the material cost portion (50% market) up front. Just bear in mind any hard caster requirements that can't be bypassed (Such as caster level) and crafting time. The same goes for alchemical creations, though he's limited to the mundane stuff there and can't do the magical potions atm (So many feats I must have yet can't afford to slip in!) It doesn't have to come up right away, just something to think about.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Nov, 2016 - 4:31am

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 8:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 271 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

I listen intently to Mykael's concerns and nod in agreement. "I think everyone in a leadership position should have a part in determining which laws and punishments we adopt. If it is something you want to focus on until we get more than just my team of cavalry archers, by all means please do so."

"What exactly was the restitution that was decided upon? What do you think of calling Kesten in and asking his opinion of Piter and Burke? Considering these lands will all eventually make up our barony, we ultimately have the final say on when and if someone has faced justice."

"That's an excellent idea Theaton!" I exclaim as I grab my quill, dip it in ink, and jot a quick drawing of a city district - nine squares set in a 3x3 pattern, each comprised of four smaller sub-squares. "We can have them map out the blocks for the disrict and work on a road between them. That will give a general layout for the settlement so people do not build in an unsafe or inconvenient manner."

28th Nov, 2016 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

In your initial round of interviews for the major roles Kesten seems quite happy you considered him for warden first. He thinks he applied his theory well in the month he guarded Burke and Piter. He says he will go with the archers to bring them to you.
They were brought in on 11th of Duesnus and given a fine of 150 gold to pay off. Oleg was 'paying' them 3 silver a day - no actual money was given, it was all just recorded.

Unfortunately you lost all contact with Grogdrol since he split off from you at the fort. He seems to have gone underground since then, rendering him uncontactable.
However, word comes from Zork that Don Orr believes he would be suited to the role and has a generous donation in mind to secure it.

While Isa absolutely agrees to the idea of being High Priest(Ess), it forced Hegin to reject any role. Someone has to keep care of the chapel in Restov and they have no heir nor ward nor acolyte. He would love to come over if he ever finds a replacement.

Word from the prisons returns that Akiros is extremely grateful for all the effort being put in to free him and would love to take an active role. Just the small matter of extradition remains. Hegin assures you that it won't take longer than two or three months and the barony can go with an empty role for that time - the advisers have other ideas, all of them clamouring to fill an empty spot.

Jhod is a little miffed at having missed out on High Priest, but is willing to help friends as the treasurer. The less power Abadarans hold over the flow of money, the better the community will live in synergy with nature instead of succumbing to metropolitan greed and a mercantile life that renders men weak.

Word on the street turns out to be nobody suspects the coins are devalued in any way. The few people you reveal it to - a couple advisers and a loyal smith - inform you that such a thin coating on objects commonly handled will rub off within a few months or years. That is if no citizens decide to test the density of the coins for themselves - but that's an extremely precise process for each individual coin.

You can begin rooting out other conspirators. Once the kingdom is established - this will be your first event and require a Stability check. If you decide to reveal the crime in the news

The two prisoners turn out to be very weak but inventive individuals. They boss the others around, but end up getting them to work harder and smarter. Naturally some of the other prisoners begin to resent them.

The architects and planners tell Mykael that while the fort had watchtowers already attached, they are only useful for defending the fort itself and not the wider area. They suggest other locations for both watching over the perimeter of your planned town and forward bases in the surrounding fertile lands.

Finally, Kesten also brings you your requested weapons quite late (Possibly into the second month).
The masterwork underwater crossbow for Archival - embossed 'Kellywells' along the stock.
Mykael's masterwork longsword with Iomedae's sunburst symbol and a topaz pommel, but with more nicks and scratches than Akiros's old sword.
Theton gets a masterwork composite longbow suited to him [+2 strength]. This one has a pattern of vines painted on it and green-brown ribbons at the top and bottom to help judge wind.

Out of Character: Anything I missed?

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla looks at Kresnik as he begins speaking. She has work to attend to and tries to get away to take care of it. He seems very intelligent but very unusual. Every time she tries to end the conversation he continues right on. She tries to conceal a smirk as he offers magical assistance. Magic was for those too weak to handle things on their own. She manages to get a word in edgewise. " It is nice to meet you Kresnik. I am sure we will see each other often. Thank you for your offer of help. I will keep that in mind. If you will excuse me I must attend to some matters. "

Thinking the conversation over she walks on to place the two offenders under guard. Hearing him sniff the air and speak again she groans inwardly. When the question is asked about her having a cat she almost stops in surprise. Her green eyes narrow as she looks at Kresnik again. " I have no cat. I have no pets. Only a faithful horse. Why did you ask that?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 271

"You do not? Huh, oh it's just that your scent has a hint of cat in there. Must be a stray or something. Um, I hope you aren't offended, some humans behave oddly when I mention the way they smell, even when I comment on something pleasant. I don't suppose you can explain why that is?"

Out of Character: gnomes have an excellent sense of smell, not talking canine level or anything, but they're particularly known for identifying alchemical substances by scent alone. I figured it would be good enough to pick up "Feline" from her, but not good enough to tell the difference between a housecat and a tiger, nor to figure out it's a part of jesla's own scent at least not without hints that she's more than she appears.

I have to say, I'm having fun with this guy so far, most of my characters are pretty high up on the serious scale.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2016 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 271

Jesla's eyebrows rise as she studies Kresnik for a moment. The gnome was very perceptive. He was probably as much of an outsider as she was here. Even though she was amongst fellow humans they had such different ideas here. The Barons hadn't wanted her to execute the two men. In Numeria they would have been tortured at the very least. Strength was everything there. Civilization was so soft. She must follow their wishes though to meet her end goals. Shaking her head she focused on the gnome again. " I highly value your offer. I won't forget it. I must be off to finish my task. " She turns off leaving the gnome behind. Jesla looks back at him and grins. " Your perception is more right than you know. " She laughs and strides around the corner with the two men.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.