ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 278 of 279

Theaton agrees with names. He looks over at - Page 278 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Dec, 2016 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  274 275 276 277 278 279 
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2016 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 278

Near the end of Erastus, during one of our many meetings, I bring up the subject of names. "We have yet to determine a name for our settlement, and for our kingdom. I have a few ideas, but I am not set on any of them and would love to hear additional suggestions. As far as the kingdom name goes I kicked around multiple names based on freedom, liberty, and the like: Haven, Liberty, et al. I have also considered names based on the Narlmarches to our West or how we are in the Kamelands. Since the region is called the Greenbelt and the Stolen Lands, I have even considered some tongue-in-cheek names such as Verdania and Redemption. Honestly though, I am at a loss and my head is ringing much like I suspect Theaton's was after his sparring match with Jesla," I playfully jab with a smile and a laugh.

Out of Character:
An additional 3,600 XP puts me at 20,680 XP.

Thank you for the BP for the settlement, that brings us up to 68 currently! I'll make a note of the cavalry archers counting as personal guard within the capital hex.

With the current times between posts, I don't think implementing construction times would be a good idea. Plus, not everyone owns Ultimate Rulership (I bought it - it's interesting and I like some of the ideas). It was made well after Kingmaker though, and from what I've read the construction times would slow the game down more. Also the buildings don't give bonuses until they're completed. I don't know if Kingmaker has timed events, but if so that would likely cause us additional hardships biggrin.gif

I vote for the 1 Fame!

What does the all caps "VARIABLE" coincide with?

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 15th Dec, 2016 - 5:53pm

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2016 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Aside from monitoring the construction projects, particularly the building of the shrine to Iomadae, Mykael most of his time in practice, prayer and study generally keeping to himself unless he is assisting Isa plans to more fully establish the church and attract more followers of Iomadea to the burgeoning barony. He ensures that his armor and weapons are always well maintained and shined even if they do have some nicks in them, he displays his goddess' symbol proudly as he moves through the tent city that has formed around the fortress. He also checks in on Peter and Burke on occasion

At the meeting with Archival Mykael has no opinions regarding the name for the barony, he is just as stumped at Archival in this regard.

Out of Character: : With the XP increase Mykael is at 19,185.

16th Dec, 2016 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

Mykael will inquire about purchasing a fully combat trained heavy warhorse with barding (Common) but he is going to keep his trusty steed, Patoot, for general riding and such

Out of Character: : I forgot about this, it would probably be a good idea for Mykael to have a combat trained warhorse. I don't know if I'm calculating this correctly though when looking at the SRD, is the cost 1,200 gold for that? If its too much more than 1,200gp I will have to adjust and purchase something less expensive.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:07pm

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 278 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

After a bit of discussion, a consensus begins to form around Freehold and I jump on it. "I agree that Freehold would be the perfect name for our capital city!" I exclaim. "As far as the name of the kingdom is concerned - Mykael and I share a liking of Kalamern. Where stand you all on the name?"

While the others discuss the topic I approach Mykael, "I understand you are in the market for a combat trained heavy warhorse. Would you like to purchase Midnight from me? I love the girl, but I fear my spells allow me faster modes of transportation and I would hate to see her just stabled… I also have a military saddle and hide shirt barding available for her too. She's tried and tested, you've seen her in battle. 300 gold for her and 100 gold for the equipment if you are interested."

Out of Character:
A heavy combat trained horse costs 300 gp typically., check the SRD under Animals & Animal Gear.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:30pm

16th Dec, 2016 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

"Absolutely, I would love to purchase Midnight from you" Mykael replies to Archival and will make arrangements to pay Archival the 400gp that he has set as the purchase price. "She is a magnificent animal, thank you."

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla hears Archival teasing Theaton about the sparring injury. She looks at Archival. " It was a lucky blow, my Lord. Baron Theaton is an elite warrior. " She looks chagrined that everyone found out about this. Jesla glances at Kreskin with her eyebrows slightly raised.

" As regarding the names I love them both. "Jesla looks around at the others. " This is an interesting thing to watch, this kingdom. I am from a land where you own nothing if you don't control it. Might makes right. This is foreign to me. I have a question though. If you Lord Barons have the ultimate power here, why be so worried about the commoners? You could do whatever you wished here. You have the force to take what you want. Why do you care to be.... . Fair as you call it I believe? I'm not questioning my Lords wisdom. I just… really don't understand it. "

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2016 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 278

Ignoble says...

Mykael is unsure of how to respond to Jesla's query, he looks at her with a confused expression on his face. He has never considered that others would not share the same views as he does regarding justice and fairness, let alone have something of a contradictory view unless they were evil, but he senses no evil from Jesla and he's not sure how to respond at first, his brow furrows as he searches for an answer.

"Its… well… I guess its just a society based on fairness and justice is a stronger society in the end. We all have something to contribute and it is not always merely strength of arms and a society based on might makes right is ultimately unstable. If ones rule is based only on what you can take by force then energy is spent internally to pacify the people but also externally to protect against others who would take what you have by force. Your resources are divided, whereas in a society in which everyone contributes to the greater good you need not focus so much energy on internal stability and can focus more on protecting the society from external threats. So even if you don't consider the moral application of it, I would say it's in our best interest to encourage justice and deal with our subjects in a fair manner so that they willingly contribute to our rule rather than having to use resources and energy to force them to contribute."

Not feeling as though he is expressing himself very well he looks to Archival with a "Help me out" sort of expression.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 278

Theaton agrees with names.

He looks over at Jesla. "It is true that we have the power to do what we want or take what we want but if we did that how would be looked at? Respect out of fear is not a good way to live as you would have to look behind you in everywhere you turn for the person who is coming to claim what is yours by use of force. I believe that is how you were raised.
On the other hand respect from people who look up to you for keeping their interests and well being in mind and in your fore thoughts means you do not have to worry about your safety as much. You do not have to watch over your shoulders as often. Granted it can make one soft doing it this way that I why I wish to continue to spar with you as that will keep both of us from getting soft."

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.