ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 109 of 279

When Zork finds the pile of rocks he chooses - Page 109 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2015 - 2:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
21st Sep, 2015 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 109

The Second says...

Out of Character: Just checking, my cold iron arrows are sapped? If so that's worrying.

Zork, although now healed, is not healed in mind and discouraged by his last lost. He tries to get over it but he is constantly reminded of his failure by those in his vicinity. He watches on and says,

"I will scout the area some..."

Zork takes a 100 foot radius around the current location to see if anything is unusual but mostly to get away from the group for awhile to rest and reflect.

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2015 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael mutters a series of expletives when he finds that his quiver has been "Sapped" And carefully goes about cleaning each arrow as well as the quiver as best he can.

When Zork announces that he is going to scout Mykael steps up next him and extends his hand to Zork "I would go with you if please you; you and I should talk, but if you wish to have some time alone I respect that. I hold no hard feelings against you though Zork. To the contrary I respect your abilities and ultimately I much prefer to fight beside you rather than against you...I know how hard you can hit" He gives Zork a small reassuring smile.

21st Sep, 2015 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

"I hold no grudge either but I must do this alone..." Zork says as he accepts his hand rather sloppily and moves on.

21st Sep, 2015 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

Page 109 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

"Understood" Mykael says then nods and watches Zork walk away for a moment before he returns to the others, his mood somewhat lightened by the knowledge that he has made an offer of peace to his companion. Perhaps Zork will take him up on it at a later time, but Mykael can appreciate the need to be alone after a defeat and so he decides not to press the issue.

Mykael finds a place to sit near the bandits and once again begins to maintain his equipment; he does a quick inventory of his pack as well as he occasionally looks over to the bandits. After a time he hands the bandits a piece of dried bread from his rations and offers them some water "Tell me more about this Perry whom you fought along side" He says to them. "It is important that the stories of our fallen comrades be told. I would know what sort of man I killed in battle. Men turn to banditry for a number of reasons. Some do so out of hatred, others greed, and others out of desperation. What was it that drove you men and this Perry to banditry? I know how the man died, but I would like to know how he lived as well."

22nd Sep, 2015 - 4:59am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton's arrow hits the beast in the head and it begins to buck and jump wildly. Its two companions see the party and bolt away as a second arrow ends the elk's life.

The grove provides plentiful blackberry bushes which make a nice sauce with the stringy elk steaks. The bandits say you must be close since they clearly remember the berries.

Zork is having an absent minded walk about when he kicks a smooth stone, its underside revealing a carving. It shows a stick figure wielding a spear against what looks like a large mammoth.

Meawhile, Mykael hears the stories of poor harvests, harsh winters and wild animals killing herds, leading the men to seek a better life. One of the other bandits was also from their village.

Perry however, came from a different community, one that was plagued by Kressle and her bandits taking what they wanted and no guards ever coming from Restov to aid them. Perry had enough one day and rather than starve, he joined those he couldn't beat.
One time he returned to his village bearing food and gold. Rather than being thankful, they took it from him and chased him away in the night. He hadn't seen his family in a year.

Elsewhere, more carved, smooth stones lead Zork to a pile or rocks about as tall as he is. The leaves and vines growing over it camouflage it with the bushes making it hard to spot from afar, despite it being one of the taller things in the grove.

Out of Character: Zork's Cold Iron arrows do have sap, but it's drizzled along the wooden shafts at arm's reach, rather than slathered over the Cold Iron heads. Much easier to get off than his normal arrows which are caked in the stuff.

The potion that has been sitting in the party inventory since near the beginning, Archival identified to be a Cure Light Wounds.

22nd Sep, 2015 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Ignoble says...

Mykael listens intently to the bandits as they explain about Perry and their past. When they finish talking Mykael nods and begins packing the items that he'd inventoried back into his pack "It is unfortunate that Perry made the decisions that he did and suffered the ultimate consequence as a result. One cannot repay the injustice of banditry with more banditry though. Justice demands that we pay for the wrongs that we have committed, as you must. Only you and the gods know the extent of your banditry and the suffering you have caused your victims. When this is over and you have been turned over to the authorities I fully expect that you will accept whatever punishment you are given and will do your best to give back to society what you have taken. You were fortunate in that you were not killed; take it as an opportunity to turn your lives around. If you don't, you may not be as lucky in the future."

His items packed away, Mykael leaves the bandits and approaches Theaton giving him a congratulatory slap on the back shoulder "Looks like thanks to you we're going to eat well today!" He smiles "Nicely done!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2015 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 109

Archival, sits nearby, listening to Mykael with the former bandits. “I can understand the temptation of giving in to base instincts for survival. When my uncle's convoy was raided by centaurs, there were no survivors. I received a letter that caused me to act in a way that was completely antithetical to how I had been raised.” Lost in thought, Archival trails off and stares into the distance for a few moments before coming to when Mykael congratulates Theaton. “There needs to be a land where where people can live without fear. A land where people like this Kressle and the Stag Lord don't flourish and thrive. I can understand you and your friend Perry swallowing your pride in order to survive. Being forced into immorality to ensure survival is wrong. Perry's act of giving food and money to his community should have been lauded, not condemned.” Archival gives a meek smile and wanders wanders off with Caelum for some time to privately reflect on things.

23rd Sep, 2015 - 2:00am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 109

The Second says...

When Zork finds the pile of rocks he chooses to move no further. He calls the others, "I have found something of significance I think..." But does not move himself from the spot. If no one turns up he will say even louder, "Come see!"

Out of Character: I will make 2 rolls to see if Zork knows anything about the area or the history behind it.

Zork II Results:
  • History on D20 (+0): 2 (1 roll)
  • Geography on D20 (+0): 2 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.