ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 112 of 279

Out of Character: Mistaking characters, what - Page 112 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2015 - 4:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 279 pgs.  108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 112

Theaton will look to see if he can find a way into the cairn to see if there is anything worth value and information about the barbarians that used to be in this area.

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2015 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Mykael reads no auras, confirming Caelum's judgement of no magical traps.

With nobody openly opposed to the idea, the only way to open up is to disassemble the stonework. The vines tear out easily and the rocks on top are light to pull off. The stones become larger and heavier and they are rolled down haphazardly, but nobody is injured.

The two last stones show carvings of large scale battles between the tribes, with burning huts and escaping refugees. As you pull them off there is a final slab of slate, a circle of 3 feet diameter and 2 inches thick. It shows the most immaculate carving of them all. The stick figure with the spear battles another wielding a greatsword with radiant lines carved around it as two armies watch. The second image shows the greatsword plunged through the spear man's head and the third image shows the funeral where the stick man is buried with his spear, shield and jewellery.

It's at this point that Mykael senses three magical auras from behind the stone. Caelum still can't see a trap. The slab looks so heavy (~800 lb) that it could be damaged if not moved properly (Requiring strength checks).

30th Sep, 2015 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Zork is most impressed by all of this but becomes concerned and expresses it,

"I hope we are not opening up something that should not be opened. Magic is not something to be trifled with as the results can be disastrous."

Zork looks on to see what will be done by his comrades.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 112 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"This is quite interesting. The depictions seem to tell about the life of an individual and their exploits. I do sense three magical auras. Give me a few more moments and I should be able to tell you the strength and location of each aura. I will attempt to determine additional information. Depending on the school of magic, we can determine if it is potentially a curse or not."

Out of Character: It was Archival using Detect Magic - which he will do throughout the entire cairn, not Mykael biggrin.gif Unless there's an option that lets Fighters use it too, in which case - where's the option at, because that's friggin' awesome and I will totally make a Fighter that can do it in the next home campaign I play!

Back on topic, what are the strengths and locations of the auras? I will also cast Identify to give me a +10 enhancement bonus on the Spellcraft check.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 30th Sep, 2015 - 11:05pm

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2015 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton thinks if we get together we should be able to push the slab together or lift it together so that we do it with one fluid motion.

1st Oct, 2015 - 3:49am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

Mykael suggests waiting until Archival is able to identify the magical auras before proceeding but agrees that they should be able to remove the slab if they work together. "Zork is right, not only should we be cautious about any magical barriers or traps, but we also should show adequate respect for the dead."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2015 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 112

“Hmmm.... I think I can actually solve the problem of the slab too, if we continue.”

Out of Character: How long have we been travelling today, ICon? It will let me determine how many spells I have left in my arsenal to utilize. I might cast Enlarge Person and Ant Haul on Mykael, which would make him Large, give him +2 to Strength, and raise his heavy load capacity to 900 lbs.

2nd Oct, 2015 - 4:37am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 112

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Mistaking characters, what an embarrassing mistake, I'm so sorry.
It should be knowledge (Arcana) to identify auras, and the spellcraft will be to identify the items when you can examine them closely. I took your 3 and added 5 for 8 then rolled an 18 and 24 for you.
Don't forget that just by being large you double carrying capacity.

In Character: The cairn was only fifteen minutes walk from your camp site, so it is still very early.

Archival cannot tell what the school the closest aura is, but the other two are abjuration and transmutation and all are faint. He believes his plan with the two spells will be very effective in moving the slab and Mykael is a fair choice unless someone else believes they are stronger.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.