ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 116 of 279

Out of Character: Yes 10% is party fund and - Page 116 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Oct, 2015 - 2:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
12th Oct, 2015 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 116

The Second says...

Zork is amazed about the cutting of the fingers but really does not say anything about it because he feels it is not in his domain to do so. At the same time he looks at the others to see their reaction. He does speak up about a couple of things,

"What would you suggest we do with the armor and sword?"

Out of Character: Shall we divide the spoils so we can begin buying the things we need?

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2015 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael assures Kesten that, though his description of the battle may be somewhat boastful on his part, it does not include embellishment regarding the actions taken by the bandits. Mykael glances over at the bandits when Kesten announces his sentence. "Your sentence is perfectly just, and I take no issue with it" Mykael tells Kesten "I wonder though if perhaps these men could be put to better use? Perhaps you can separate them and assign them some non-combat duties among your guards for a time while you watch to see if they are truly repentant. I will do what I can to pay for their lodging, in between my forays I would like to train them, and hopefully guide them along a more righteous path if possible."

Mykael looks to his companions "Once trained they may help us in fulfilling our charters. Once we are more established we can pay them a fair wage, but in the meantime they could repay their debt with some useful service to Kesten and his guards." He looks back to Kesten "But as I said, I do not disagree with your judgement; these men have earned the sentence you propose. Mine is simply an alternative suggestion."

"I would be grateful to you if you could make contact with the House of the Gauntlet regarding the items." He tells Kesten "I would like to leave the armor and the sword in your charge while we await an answer. It sounds as though Theaton wants to get back out there as soon as possible, but I would like to meet with this priest if possible. Maybe when we return he may still be here. How long do you think it will take for the message to be sent and the priest to travel here?"

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2015 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Archival flinches at the stated punishment. "If they give up the two last fingers of either hand, they will also never be able to take up most tools. They were farmers originally and expressed interest in returning to that life. To do such a thing would likely just create a vicious cycle in which they are forced by necessity to resort to immoral acts to survive. None of us suffered any lasting debilitation. Despite being the one most harmed during their action, I would not want to see such a thing occur. Corporal punishment is equally humiliating for the man who carries out the sentence and for the receiver. It is also largely ineffective in most cases. Physical pain only results in the hardening of the individual.

I too must request leniency. These men acted out of desperation. We should set an example, not make them one. I will gladly assist Mykael in paying for their lodgings as they repay their debt."

Out of Character: I was adding the XP as we went whenever you mentioned spotting a bear trap, but I might have missed something. What do you currently have as Mykael and my XP totals?

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2015 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 116 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will step up to Kesten and say, "I agree that they need to be punished but I would have them join us in our explorations if they are truly repentant. IF they agree to do this I would suggest that if a finger be removed it be the small finger on their off hand so they can chose to farm some land around here or join us as hired men to assist us in clearing the land with their wages they would make be sent to those they have harmed until such a time as their debt is repaid and they can earn and keep their wages from there. Is this agreeable to you Kesten?" Turning to the two, "Does this sound agreeable to you too?"

14th Oct, 2015 - 3:43am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Oleg offers, "If you do not wish to use the armour and sword, I can place it in the storehouse under lock and key.
From my trading experience, it takes a mounted messenger just 2 days if he pushes his horse, or 3 days with a small load."

The trapper speaks up, "Oleg, if you spare me a horse, I can do the trip. I have some old friends there and I think 4 silver is a reasonable charge."

Oleg agrees, "Aye, but the horse has to be hired too, at 1 gold a day. Unless you want to buy the horse for 75 gold, riding gear included."

"I promise to bring it back," The trapper adds openly.

"But 4 fingers are enough to wield a weapon well," Kesten rebuts. "Under the law of Restov, all men are free, so you cannot buy them as serfs. Not that you could with no land under your name?" He looks at Archival unsure of his statement.

"I refuse to aid in their training but I can keep them under guard here."

Oleg interrupts, "I can use some farmhands for the rest of the month. I can also teach them skinning. It will let me focus on trades."

Kesten continues, "It will have to be two fingers or a substantial fine that they cannot pay. 200 gold each, though this is highly unofficial and frontier justice which will not hold up in court. If they re-offend, this will be on all our heads. I'm not sure if I even should consider this option."

Out of Character: It may take some convincing with Diplomacy (Or Intimidate if you want to ruin relations) but if Kesten realises the risk on himself is too great he may not be so forgiving to the bandits. Mention which exact option you're trying to convince him of or who you're helping if you're Aiding Another (Aiding has no risk and is only DC 10).

Don't forget to buy and sell things! Anyone just mention what you want to get rid of from the party loot. We can always retcon if someone disagrees later.

14th Oct, 2015 - 10:52am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Zork offers, "If it were up to me I would put the sword and armor to use rather than have it rust in a closet - how would that serve justice?" He says to Oleg while bring up old disagreements.

Out of Character: I need to know how you guys are dividing the treasure in the GM's character sheet so I can buy myself some stuff. I need a horse for one so Zork can be independent.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Oct, 2015 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 116

Ignoble says...

"Fear not Zork" Mykael smiles "These items won't spend long locked away. Someone from the temple will hopefully be able to either claim them or assign them appropriately soon. Perhaps they will offer a reward for it, and if so you can have my share of it as promised." Maybe they can give me some insight into these dreams as well he thinks

"In the meantime I would prefer the items remain here under lock and key awaiting their arrival; I don't want to risk the items falling prey to bandits along the roadway and once again fall into the wrong hands."

Mykael explains to Oleg and Kesten how they came upon the sword and the armor as well as his visions and the dreams that he feels are somehow associated with their recovery. He tells them about the duel between him and Zork, expressing the fact that he lost his cool and nearly killed Zork over it and that this was not one of his prouder moments.

"I would like to know what your opinions are on this" He says in conclusion, "Is my stance on this unreasonable? Though I have favored Iomede for a while now, I admit that I have no formal training in regards to her church doctrine. I assume the goddess would take offense to someone wielding the items that bear her symbol if they have little or no faith in her, but I don't know this for sure. That is why I would like to see them returned to her temple or one of her chosen; they would know better than I would what should be done with these items."

Mykael will aid Archival in his diplomacy check if he makes one in an attempt to spare the men the loss of their fingers and reiterates his offer of helping to pay for their lodging. Separating them as much as possible would help prevent them from making any devious plans together, and in the meantime they can work for Oleg to work off some of their debt. He would point out that, while the men did participate in attacking the party, we have no way of knowing the extent of their crime (I.e. How many people they have killed or robbed). The charter references a punishment for "Repentant" Banditry and perhaps they should be given an opportunity to prove whether they are repentant or not. If they re-offend they are obviously unrepentant and should be put to death in the manner prescribed by the charter.

Out of Character: : I thought we had agreed to put ten percent of whatever treasure we find aside for a party pool and then divide the remaining evenly; I'm not sure whether we've already done this or not.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 14th Oct, 2015 - 9:37pm

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Diplomacy Aid on D20 (+2): 7 (1 roll)

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2015 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 116

Out of Character: Yes 10% is party fund and the rest is divided equally among us. Zork you may have enough to buy a horse.

In Character: Theaton will agree that they can work for Oleg to prove that they are repentant and then if they work off their crimes they can once again be free to choose as they will but will be marked as Kesten wishes.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.