Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 3 of 8

Hey Icon, I'm very happy to see you - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jun, 2014 - 6:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Closed
The Artifacts of Power - Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Only those who wish to participate in this game should post here. Suggestions about this RPG should only be added in here: Review.
9th Jun, 2014 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 3

Jonahthan, I am quite satisfied by the change you have made to my character's skills and feats and I would like to confirm them for his stats. Do I have to rewrite the stats again here?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2014 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Felipe, I not only fixed small errors, but also did minor reworks of the character. -This need not be final- Please review the character sheet a last time and let me know what selection doesn't suit your liking. (Note: In my campaigns, a shortspear counts as a light one-handed weapon, a spear as a one handed weapon, and a longspear as a two-hander. This means you can use a spear with one hand.) Also: Longswords and other inventions didn't exist in the era we will be playing in, it had to be replaced with more suiting equipment. I made sure to cleanly and neatly write your character's stats in an understandable format. I hope you like it!

Alias: Gordon Fraz
Race: Human
HP: 13 (1d10+3)
Initiative: +2
Base Speed: 30 ft. Charge: 60ft. Run: 120ft.
Speed with armor: 25ft. Charge: 50ft. Run: 100ft.
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Alignment: Neutral Good.
Religion: Heathen.
Languages: Common.

Saves:
Fortitude: +2 (2+0)
Reflex: +2 (0+2)
Will: +0 (0+0)

Armor Class:
Regular AC: 20 (10 base +2 Dexterity +1 Dodge +3 Shield +4 Armor)
Flat-Footed AC: 17 (10 base +3 Shield +4 Armor)
Touch AC: 13 (10 base +2 Dexterity +1 Dodge)

Attacks:
Spear: +4, 1d8+3 (Or +4 with 2 hands), x3 - Piercing
Shortsword: +4, 1d6+3, 19-20/x2 - Slashing
Shield: +4, 1d4+3, x2 - Bludgeoning
Unarmed: +4, 1d3+3, x2 - Bludgeoning

Any Melee: +4 (1+3)
Any Ranged: +3 (1+2)

Ability Scores:
Strength: 16 +3
Dexterity: 14 +2
Constitution: 11 +0
Intelligence: 8 -1
Wisdom: 10 +0
Charisma: 12 +1

Skills: (While wearing armor, -4 to all physical skill checks)
Climb 1+3= +4
Handle Animal 1+1= +2
Intimidate 3+1= +4
Jump 1+3= +4
Ride 1+2= +3
Swim 1+3= +4

Feats:
Dodge
Shield Focus
Toughness

Equipment:
Shortsword 2lb (1)
Spear 6lb (1)
Heavy Steel Shield 15lb (1)
Scale Mail 30lb(1)
Backpack 2lb (2)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Crowbar 5lb (1)
Flask (3)
Ink (1)
Inkpen (1)
Paper (2)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Healer's kit 1lb (1)
Explorer's outfit 8lb (1)

Background: Gordon started learning on how to become a warrior at the age of 14, his father, James Fraz, was an experienced warrior and he always wished that his son can become a fighter and accomplish even greater goals than him. However, Gordon did not have a mother, because she died of a deadly disease when he was 2 years old. As Gordon grew up he noticed how his Father always seem to always have fear in his eyes, and every week a group of thuggish men come to his house and demanding that James must give them a certain amount of gold pieces or it will be his death. When Gordon turned 18, his Father gave his son some gold pieces so he can start his journey. But before that he had to go to the market to get some things and come back to home. So an hour later, when Gordon came back, he saw that his father is dead. After a dreadful moment, he vowed that he will find the murderer and give him justice.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 10th Jun, 2014 - 8:35am

10th Jun, 2014 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This seems to be fine, everything there seems to fit my liking and I appreciate that you have helped me fixed my character sheet, thanks. smile.gif The only thing that I have to mention is that I can only be online for most of the afternoon at 3:00 because I am at school early in the morning and I am unable to post at night too. So, I will try my best to stay active in the game as much as possible.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 10th Jun, 2014 - 8:09pm

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2014 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Both of you are ready-to-go. I am, however, awaiting on the character application of a friend who wanted to join.

By tomorrow night I will post the intro message which will officially start the game, so make sure to stay updated!

11th Jun, 2014 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Alias: Cyrvil Æthrom
Race: Human
HP: 7 (1d6+1)
Initiative: +4
Base Speed: 30 ft. Charge: 60ft. Run: 120ft.
Speed with armor: 30ft. Charge: 60ft. Run: 120ft.
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Religion: Pelor
Languages: Common.

Saves:
Fortitude: +1 (0+1)
Reflex: +6 (2+4)
Will: -1 (0-1)

Armor Class:
Regular AC: 18 (10 base +4 Dexterity +1 Dodge +3 Armor)
Flat-Footed AC: 13 (10 base +3 Armor)
Touch AC: 15 (10 base +4 Dexterity +1 Dodge)

Attacks:
Dagger: +5 1d4+0, 19-20/x2 - Piercing or Slashing
Rapier: +5 1d6+0 18-20/x2 -Piercing
Shortbow: +5 1d6+0 x3 - Piercing
Any Melee (Light): +5 (1+4)
Any Ranged: +5 (1+4)

Ability Scores:
Strength: 10 +0
Dexterity: 18 +4
Constitution: 12 +1
Intelligence: 14 +2
Wisdom: 9 -1
Charisma: 10 +0

Skills: (While wearing armor, -1 to all physical skill checks)
Hide 4+4= +8
Move Silently 4+4= +8
Search 4+2= +6
Open Lock 2+4= 6
Escape Artist 1+4= +5
Disable Device 2+2=+4
Diplomacy 2+0= +2
Use Rope 1+4= +5
Sleight of Hand 1+4= +5
Knowledge (Local) 1+2= +3
Bluff 4+0= +4
Sense Motive 4-1= +3
Spot 4-1= +3
Tumble 4+4= 8
Use Magic Device 2+0= +2
Listen 3-1= +2

Feats:
Weapon Finese
Dodge

Equipment:
Dagger 1lb. (2)
Rapier 2lb. (1)
Shortbow 2lb. (1)
Studded leather 20lb. (1)
Pouch, belt 1/2lb. (1)
Thieves' tools 1lb. (1)
Flask 1/2. (1)
Arrows 3lb. (20)
Money: 1 PP 15GP 10 SP

Background:
Cyrvil, a young woman wandering around the world. Trying to understand it, however she haven't, not yet or maybe not ever. From the day that her loved one died, the world had no meaning for her. But, she choosed to keep living to learn about this life. Even though this world is merciless... It's also very beautiful. As she kept living, she unconsiously started to pretend. To lie to herself. She started to mimic her old loved one and being just like him, positive. At least that was something that kept her living. Surviving by stealing gold in the streets and enjoying her life with any mean. Little by little, she changes her self. Or that's what she wants to believe.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2014 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Felipe, I realized I made a mistake. Under "Speed with armor" I wrote the wrong numbers. They should be: 20ft, 40ft charge, 80ft run.

Kamsans: Welcome to the game, and welcome to the forums! Your character is excellent, part from the religion tab. This is a real-world setting. In this setting there is no "Pelor" Deity. Better to replace with an ancient deity (Preferably heathen/pagan/olympian gods). But this is best left to be decided while playing.

Other than that, we are ready to begin! Click here to read the intro post and join the game!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 11th Jun, 2014 - 3:14pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2014 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 3

This campaign is looking better and better with every post in game. I have spare time for the upcoming month and then some time for the rest of the year. Also now I can see the concept you were going for, which I didn't understand at first.

I would be very interested in a cleric or other divine caster. I feel somewhat confident with Greek myth, but would also be interested in leaning Egyptian mythology. Is it possible to worship a pantheon, even if their alignments oppose?

And if age must be greater than 21, can a middle aged character with increased and decreased ability scores be made? Are you allowing Flaws in return for bonus feats?

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2014 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Hey Icon, I'm very happy to see you wanting to participate. Before I answer your questions, I'd like to let you know I'm almost done with the exams season and I am about to be completely free, and I will be joining your Kingmaker campaign then.

As for the Artifacts of Power:

- I have no problem with a sort of "heathen" Cleric, that doesn't worship a particular deity, but I don't particularly like non-matching alignments, that are more than one step away from each other.

- I wouldn't suggest too much effort put into a single character. As mentioned in my previous posts, I am interested in a general summary of the character, instead of a detailed background. This is because characters are somewhat temporary in the Artifacts of Power. Players may just keep using the same stats, and level the characters up as the story progresses, but once a part of the story is complete, and the players got hold of a single Artifact, their current characters are no longer used. (Their stats can always just be used for their next character, of course.)

I would like you to make a level 2 Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 character, following the same instructions as the others followed, and preferably posting their stats as the others did.

As for your other questions:

- I like to keep this game as simple as possible in terms of statistic generation and details "On paper". Character Flaws may be role-played freely, but they offer no reward for their player in the AoP.

- Older characters are, of course, allowed. With them goes the ability score penalties! ...

(In case you are interested, part 2 takes part in ancient Egypt.)

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 19th Jun, 2014 - 6:48pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.