Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 2 of 8

Hello again Felipe. I was doing some minor - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Jun, 2014 - 8:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Closed
The Artifacts of Power - Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Only those who wish to participate in this game should post here. Suggestions about this RPG should only be added in here: Review.
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation
A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 2

Please rework your characters, so that they have their ability scores purchased through a 25 point-buy system. I would link you to a calculator but I am not allowed to. If you are unsure as to how to do it, feel free to ask ahead!

Once your characters are done, we will shortly begin the adventure.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Tucker Firemane, Wizard
Human
Hit Dice: 1d4+1+3 (8 HP)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 12
Touch 10, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+2
Attacks: Quarter staff +0 1d6 x2
Or Long bow +2 1d8 x3
Special qualities: Weasel (Niff), scribe scroll
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: [Strength] 11, [Dexterity] 14, Con 11, Int 14, [Wisdom] 11, [Charisma]
Skills with ability modifiers: Concentration 5, Craft 6,Decipher script 2, [Knowledge (Arcana) 5, (Dungeoneering) 5, (Nature) 5], Spellcraft 3
Feats: Toughness, long bow proficiency
Spells memorized: Light, Dancing lights, Acid splash, Sleep, Magic missile
Items:
Backpack
Blanket
Belt pouch
Spell pouch
Spell book
Water skin
Crowbar
Fishing hooks
3 flasks
Grappling hooks
Ink pen
Hooded lantern
Paper
Parchment
2 days of rations
Rope
Acid flask
Holy water
Caltrops
Flint and steel
Alchemy fire
Scroll case
Background: Tucker's family learned of his magic at the age of 3. On his fourth birthday he was sold to a magician to be a "Apprentice" And learn the ways of magic and hard work. As Tucker grew up he just could not seem to be able to cast necromancy spells or abjuration, and his master seemed to use this lack of skill as a good chance to beat him. At the age of 18 tucker became a journeyman, but before he could go back home his master branded him with a arcane mark across his eye and one on each arm.
After almost his whole life of work he could finally go home. As he gets home his master flies by on a disk and fireballs Tucker's house and family. Thugs run out of the trees and take all of the stuff that is in the house, kills his father who had some how survived the blast and ran off. With tears in his eyes Tucker grabs what ever he can find and goes off into the woods. After two years him and his newly summoned friend Niff (Weasel) are here, he has some money in his pocket and a firm dislike for wizards.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Very nice! Your character is ready! Now we have to wait for the second player to be done and we will be starting.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Felipe, are you facing difficulties reworking your stats? I could do that for you, or assist you if you need help.

9th Jun, 2014 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Creation Character Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Sorry for the delay, I was at school and I could not post until now. I have question before reworking my character sheet, what do you mean by a "25 point-buy system"?

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There are multiple ways of determining a character's ability scores. For balance of power between players, I have decided to use a point buy system, instead of the standard random generation.

In point-buy, you are given a certain amount of points from your Dungeon Master, which you can then spend in order to "Purchase" Your character's ability scores.

You have 25 points to spend.

Here are the costs of certain ability scores:

Ability Score - Cost

6 is worth minus 2 points (Which means you get to use 2 more for other scores),
7 - is worth minus 1 point,
8 - 0 points,
9 - 1 point,
10 - 2 points,
11 - 3 points,
12 - 4 points,
13 - 5 points,
14 - 6 points,
15 - 8 points,
16 - 10 points,
17 - 13 points,
18 - 16 points.

I can do it for you if you are not confident enough. Remember that this will affect your attacks, saves, skills, AC etc.!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 9th Jun, 2014 - 7:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jun, 2014 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation - Page 2

Since I am not very familiar with setting the ability scores manually and this is my second time of playing Dungeons & Dragons I would like if you can do it for me, thanks.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2014 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Hello again Felipe. I was doing some minor corrections as I was reworking your character sheet, and came across two problems. I want your opinion as to how you want your character to be.

Your skills were a bit off, I changed them with class skills, came up with this:

Climb 1+3= +4
Handle Animal 1+1= +2
Intimidate 3+1= +4
Jump 1+3= +4
Ride 1+2= +3
Swim 1+3= +4

Are you satisfied by this change?

Also, please confirm your feat selection:

Dodge (+1 AC)
Mobility (+4 AC when moving)
Stealthy (+2 to hide, move silently)

I would recommend something matching your character's background. Have you considered feats such as:

Toughness (+3 HP)
Shield Focus (+1 AC)
Weapon Focus (+1 Attack with a certain weapon)
Two-Weapon Fighting (Able to fight skillfully with both the shield and the sword)

I have also replaced the religion entry from none to Heathen. That meaning that your character doesn't openly follow a specific deity. I did this because in "The Artifacts of Power", godless people are hunted down and slain!

Please, remember. This is only the technical part. The main point of playing a Role-playing Game game is the roleplaying, so don't be intimidated by all this information! I will be here for all questions!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 9th Jun, 2014 - 8:27pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.