RPG Etiquette - Page 4 of 8

Do not meta game if others don't appreciate - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 16th Mar, 2017 - 4:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Discuss  RPG Etiquette How hard is it to keep RPGs only about RPGs and not your personal interests or schedule. Do not be selfish by trying to hijack an RPG to make it about yourself. How inconsiderate it is to join a game only to simply leave without any kind of notice. How self-centered it is to whine and complain if a game isn't being played the way you want it to go. Everyone needs to ensure they read and re-read the RPG Etiquette Rules so they know how to handle their Post.
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette - Page 4

It does bother me some to see a person want to play set up a character then disappear. I know some people are just not cut out for this style so I just have to let it go. There are and always will be others who are more dedicated.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Etiquette RPG

Indeed, it is best to look to those who wish to be committed rather than worry about those who simply do not. Just keep those doors open in case the new guy actually is willing to stick around.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette Reviews RPG & Card Board

It is a totally different mindset to play by post it but I really enjoy it. I enjoy the narrative aspect and role playing that it allows. It moves much slower than a table top game however it is a game that never ends. There is always another update coming soon. I think the key is to play in several games. When I was in one game I would respond to the update and it felt like the game would never progress. Playing in multiple games there is usually at least one a day that is updated. This allows me to feel like I'm in a game every day which is enjoyable *smile*.

14th Jan, 2017 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Etiquette RPG

I hate to see someone join a game play a bit or sometimes then leave for a long while and then come back to do the same thing. I think its worst when the Dungeon Master encourages it. Its a prodigal son thing that I'm not liking too much.

15th Jan, 2017 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Etiquette RPG

Though I cannot speak as strongly since I had been one to leave and disappear for a time, generally I can understand why it would be frustrating. Whether a player or Dungeon Master, to have them disappear and not continue what they started would be upsetting for others.

In roleplays like this, in many cases at least, we depend on steady participation. When you add someone to the story, to then have them be unable to continue or be apart of it and forcing you to find a way of fading them out or remove them. That is not proper Role-playing Game etiquette.

My apologizes for being one of those for a time.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jan, 2017 - 5:56am

15th Jan, 2017 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette

international QUOTE
Whether a player or Dungeon Master, to have them disappear and not continue what they started would be upsetting for others.

It is frustrating but, right or wrong, I tend to take out my frustration on their character when I'm the Dungeon Master. I can get very creative and a bit sadistic crafting the characters death when a player flakes out on me. If the player comes back later I may allow them back (Once) but it will be with a new character. I try to make this clear in policies though so they aren't surprised when they come back and find that their character is dead. Although I think I would be less inclined to kill off a character when the player has a history of being involved and consistent. But, definitely don't flake out in the middle of a combat scene! That to me is a pretty big violation of play-by-post etiquette; a week is an eternity in the midst of a combat scene.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2017 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette - Page 4

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
I tend to take out my frustration on their character…

That's different but the consequences aren't much since characters don't feel any regret and if the player abandoned it in the first place then they don't really care either way.

16th Mar, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

Do not meta game if others don't appreciate that style of play. Some players don't want to make it easy and rather it be based on what the character would know and not what you know.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: RPG Etiquette

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,