RPG Etiquette - Page 2 of 8

The level of etiquette varies among participants. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Sep, 2016 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Discuss  RPG Etiquette How hard is it to keep RPGs only about RPGs and not your personal interests or schedule. Do not be selfish by trying to hijack an RPG to make it about yourself. How inconsiderate it is to join a game only to simply leave without any kind of notice. How self-centered it is to whine and complain if a game isn't being played the way you want it to go. Everyone needs to ensure they read and re-read the RPG Etiquette Rules so they know how to handle their Post.
12th Dec, 2015 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette - Page 2

To answer Gossip I will say yes if there is something in place for it. I think etiquette begins and ends with the consensus of those involved in the game. In this site there is already a standard that supersedes what a group might want to do so its more about if they do it or not since its already set for them.

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2015 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Etiquette RPG

international QUOTE (Fair)
there is already a standard that supersedes what a group might want to do

Funny you said that because I've seen many than think the opposite is true and they do their own thing.

19th Apr, 2016 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Reviews RPG & Card Board

The biggest thing for me will be participating when you should. You know everyone will be waiting on you so the most courteous thing to do is show up when you're supposed to and if you can't because something is coming up then let us know beforehand so the Dungeon Master isn't holding up the game waiting on your character's actions.

19th Apr, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Etiquette RPG

You don't have to be perfect but writing properly is a plus for me. If you are writing in character then attempt to get your character's words to match the same time period. For instance if you are in the middle ages don't talk like you're an 80s rock star - that's just poor quality role-playing.

3rd Jun, 2016 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Etiquette RPG

It will be good if RPGers use their Introduction to Post their schedules, emergencies, deaths and so forth and not the game Threads. When this is not followed their private notice detracts and it turns an entire Thread to focus on their personal issues. Please don't do that, this is one of the things explicitly mentioned in the Role-playing Game Etiquette Post. A link to the Role-playing Game Etiquette guidelines is available on every page of every Role-playing Game.

23rd Jun, 2016 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette

I will like to add to above that it will also be nice if they post if they're not coming anytime soon or at all so we can move on and stop bringing their name up in a game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2016 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette
A Friend

RPG Etiquette - Page 2

This is my opinion for tabletop and play by post. I feel that everyone should have fun. Players should try to be team players and not try to dominate the game. People shouldn't make min/max characters if the rest of the group isn't. It is best to balance your character to the rest of the group so everyone feels like their character contributes.
Don't argue every rule. There is one in almost every group that wants to argue with the Dungeon Master. Occasional questioning is okay but please don't try to argue at every step.

10th Sep, 2016 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

RPG Etiquette Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

The level of etiquette varies among participants. Some care about their role and others do not. Some are polite and apologetic while others are arrogant and weird. I think the real character everyone comes out in the way they play. If there is one thing that gets to me is waiting on someone that goes and comes from a game as they please and don't think to give any explanation. I tend to ignore those characters but it does surprise me when the Dungeon Master treats them like a prodigal son. *laugh*.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: RPG Etiquette

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,