RPG Etiquette - Page 2 of 7

The level of etiquette varies among participants. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Sep, 2016 - 12:46am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Add Reply Q
Discuss  RPG Etiquette How hard is it to keep RPGs only about RPGs and not your personal interests or schedule. Do not be selfish by trying to hijack an RPG to make it about yourself. How inconsiderate it is to join a game only to simply leave without any kind of notice. How self-centered it is to whine and complain if a game isn't being played the way you want it to go. Everyone needs to ensure they read and re-read the RPG Etiquette Rules so they know how to handle their Post.
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2015 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Diamond Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 1,512
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.5%
[+] Gain: 8,029.02 FP
Charm: 19

RPG Etiquette - Page 2

To answer Gossip I will say yes if there is something in place for it. I think etiquette begins and ends with the consensus of those involved in the game. In this site there is already a standard that supersedes what a group might want to do so its more about if they do it or not since its already set for them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2015 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,933
Avg: 1.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 50.4%
[+] Gain: 5,072.82 FP
Charm: 25

Etiquette RPG

Attached Image QUOTE (Fair)
there is already a standard that supersedes what a group might want to do

Funny you said that because I've seen many than think the opposite is true and they do their own thing.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2016 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 159
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.6%
[+] Gain: 16.12 FP
Charm: 18

RPG Etiquette Reviews RPG & Card Board

The biggest thing for me will be participating when you should. You know everyone will be waiting on you so the most courteous thing to do is show up when you're supposed to and if you can't because something is coming up then let us know beforehand so the Dungeon Master isn't holding up the game waiting on your character's actions.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 718
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.0%
[+] Gain: 4.49 FP
Charm: 4

Page 2 Etiquette RPG

You don't have to be perfect but writing properly is a plus for me. If you are writing in character then attempt to get your character's words to match the same time period. For instance if you are in the middle ages don't talk like you're an 80s rock star - that's just poor quality role-playing.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2016 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,939
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,963.22 FP
Charm: 343

Etiquette RPG

It will be good if RPGers use their Introduction to Post their schedules, emergencies, deaths and so forth and not the game Threads. When this is not followed their private notice detracts and it turns an entire Thread to focus on their personal issues. Please don't do that, this is one of the things explicitly mentioned in the Role-playing Game Etiquette Post. A link to the Role-playing Game Etiquette guidelines is available on every page of every Role-playing Game.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2016 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 47.7%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

RPG Etiquette

I will like to add to above that it will also be nice if they post if they're not coming anytime soon or at all so we can move on and stop bringing their name up in a game.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2016 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Kyrroeth
RPG Etiquette
A Friend

Page 2 RPG Etiquette

This is my opinion for tabletop and play by post. I feel that everyone should have fun. Players should try to be team players and not try to dominate the game. People shouldn't make min/max characters if the rest of the group isn't. It is best to balance your character to the rest of the group so everyone feels like their character contributes.
Don't argue every rule. There is one in almost every group that wants to argue with the Dungeon Master. Occasional questioning is okay but please don't try to argue at every step.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2016 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 964
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.2%
[+] Gain: 1,908.38 FP
Charm: 53

RPG Etiquette - Page 2

The level of etiquette varies among participants. Some care about their role and others do not. Some are polite and apologetic while others are arrogant and weird. I think the real character everyone comes out in the way they play. If there is one thing that gets to me is waiting on someone that goes and comes from a game as they please and don't think to give any explanation. I tend to ignore those characters but it does surprise me when the Dungeon Master treats them like a prodigal son. *laugh*.

Post Date: Tue Dec 11, 2018 - 15:14:45 GMT / Post ID: #

History

RPG Etiquette - Page 2

A pause from RPG Etiquette to share interesting fact from the good old days:
HistoricToday is: 11th December (GMT), in history on the 11th of December, 1961 AD the following birth happened:
Mike Henneman: St. Charles, Missouri -- Pitcher (Texas Rangers)

Guest please SHARE: "RPG Etiquette" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any RPG Etiquette Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: RPG Etiquette

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

World Issues

China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Skeptic 1 Hour Ago
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Skeptic 1 Hour Ago
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By Dice 21st Nov, 2018 - 10:51pm
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 19th Sep, 2018 - 12:03pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm