Aericsteele Introduction - Page 6 of 11

Basically yes; I'm thinking of something - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 9th Nov, 2016 - 10:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (11) »
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2016 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele Introduction
A Friend

Aericsteele Introduction - Page 6

I have to agree with Kyrroeth and ask that you continue the 5E Dungeons & Dragons game. I am sure you can come up with another adventure for the young group to see how they continue and grow.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2016 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 95
Flag Posts: 1,434
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.5%
[+] Gain: 627.77 FP
Charm: 68

Introduction Aericsteele

Thank you Kyrroeth! I have very much enjoyed running the 5e game thanks in large part to you and the other players and the quality of everyone's posts. Initially I had planned on just running the one adventure and then moving on to a different system/game but I admit the players have managed to get me invested in the characters and wanting to develop the setting more.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 29th May, 2015 - 4:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Aericsteele You've been Tagged to the Topic: Paulnelson Introduction based on your expertise.

Will you like to view and comment on it? Yes | No

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Page 6 Introduction Aericsteele

I will be out of town this weekend. I should continue to have access to internet but I may not have the opportunity to post with much frequency. I am taking the family to Santa's Workshop for the Halloween weekend… sort of a strange mini vacation, I know, but anyway my weekend is likely to be fairly busy. I will do my best to post something though, even if it is somewhat brief.

Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 29th May, 2015 - 4:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2016 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Aericsteele

I am sure you will get back to the games as soon as you are able. Do not worry we are not going anywhere yet. Have a good time on your mini vacation and enjoy family time.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2016 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Aericsteele Introduction

My Dungeons & Dragons 5E game involves a home brew setting/world that I am trying to develop cooperatively with the players and I wonder if this site would be able to offer a way to help facilitate that development, or at maybe give me a means to gather, organize and edit all of the setting information and contributions from the players? I understand that the opening post of the game threads can be repeatedly edited by the game master and that this allows for some updates, primarily in the form of the games policies. However, can these opening posts adequately contain and organize a large amount of setting information?

I would like a way for new players to be able to reference setting information that has been established through game play as well as through my own input into the development of the setting, and I'm not sure if the opening post is the best place for this information since it could become fairly lengthy. It may be possible though to format/edit the Support thread's opening post to handle policy information while the opening post of the Main Thread could handle setting information or at least a "What the Characters Know" section, but I don't know how lengthy this section might get. Maybe some of it would involve prioritizing information and not throwing out a bunch of setting information that is likely to be irrelevant so that the opening posts can contain this information?

Any input or advice from Admin or Support on this?

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2016 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Aericsteele Introduction - Page 6

The reference information needs to be edited periodically or just posted and kept like an index?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2016 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Aericsteele Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

Basically yes; I'm thinking of something similar to a Wiki page or maybe a thread in which there is an index post and in which I could make a post that covers a particular topic, but I would need to occasionally edit these posts as well. For example one post might include information about magic in the setting while another details various factions, NPC's or locations, another might cover various cultures or cultural practices, that kind of thing. Maybe in the index post I could place player contributions? But this information would potentially change or expand so I would need a way to edit all of it so on the other hand, if there was a whole new thread created then this one game would consist of five different threads, and I don't know if that is getting a bit unruly.

Signature:

> TOPIC: Aericsteele Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,