Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 38 of 46

My apologize for not being very active, I - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 46 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (46) »
Closed
Start Here by creating your Character for approval. Also serves for Questions.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Related Information to Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters
NOTE: Always use your Introduction to update your schedule, not RPG Threads.
13th Feb, 2017 - 11:13am / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 38

The Dawn Seeker says...

Make a quick edit so that Gabriels words were more directed to the party as well a few other edits. Admittedly, the question of sanety might well be directed to the whole family not only Charles.

Sponsored Links:
28th Mar, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Dungeon Master, Don't have the manuals. I updated my sheet with the gold and experience, what should I be getting / rolling now please?

28th Mar, 2017 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Watcher from the Aether says...

I only allow one level advancement per Exp assignment. Since you were 3rd level you'll go to 4th level but you will be maxed out on exp, so set your exp to: 15,999

(That goes for the rest of you, as well)

Your THAC0 drops by one. Roll a d10 for HP and add Constitution modifier (Re-roll 1's). And, your saving throws remain the same.

And, to answer your question from the game thread:

Ring of Spell Turning: This ring distorts the three normal dimensions, causing many spells cast at the wearer to rebound upon the spellcaster. Sometimes, a spell's entire effect is turned against the caster; sometimes, a portion of the effect rebounds.

Some spells are immune from the effects of a ring of spell turning:

1. Spells that affect an area, and which are not cast directly at the ring wearer, are not turned by the ring.

2. Spells that are delivered by touch are not turned.

3. Magic contained in devices (Rods, staves, wands, rings, and other items) that are triggered without spellcasting are not turned. A scroll spell is not considered a device.

When a spell is cast at an individual wearing a ring of spell turning, 1d10 is rolled and the result is multiplied by 10. This score indicates what percentage of the spell has been turned back upon its caster.

Once the spell is turned, the effects must be determined. If the spell normally allows a saving throw, the intended target (The one wearing the ring) gains an automatic plus equal to the number rolled on the turning die. The caster receives a bonus equal to the number rolled on the turning die. The caster receives a bonus equal to the number rolled on this die subtracted from 10. For example, a charm person spell is cast at a character wearing a ring of spell turning. A 7 is rolled on the die, turning back 70% of the effect. The ring-wearer gains a +7 to his saving throw; the caster has a +3.

A saving throw is also allowed for spells which normally do not have one if 20% to 80% of the effect is turned. The saving throw adjustment is calculated as given above. No further adjustments are made for race, magical items, or any other condition including existing spells. To save, the character must have a modified die roll of 20 or greater. If the saving throw is made, the effect of the spell is negated. For example, an illusionist casts a maze spell at a fighter wearing a ring of spell turning. The spell normally allows no saving throw, but the ring turns 70% of the effect. The fighter is allowed a saving throw with a +7 modifier. The illusionist must also save, gaining only a +3. The fighter's die roll is 15, which saves (15+7 = 22); the illusionist's die roll is a 16 which, while close, fails (16+3 = 19). The illusionist becomes trapped in his own maze spell.

Once a spell is turned, the effects are divided proportionately between the two targets. If the spell causes damage, determine the damage normally and then assess the amount to each according to the percentage determined, rounding fractions to the nearest whole number. If a spell caused 23 points of damage, and 30% of it was turned, the intended victim would suffer 16 points of damage, while the caster would suffer 7. Durations are affected in a similar manner. In the above case, the spell duration would be 30% of its normal length for one character and 70% for the other. The effect of permanent spells for both characters remains unchanged.

Some spells affect a certain number of levels. When one of these is aimed at the ring wearer, the spell must be able to affect as many levels as the wearer and the spellcaster combined. If this condition is fulfilled, then the procedure above applies.

If the spellcaster and spell recipient both wear spell turning rings a resonating field is set up, and one of the following results will take place:

01-70
Spell drains away without effect
71-80
Spell affects both at full effect
81-97
Both rings permanently lose their magic
98-00
Both individuals go through a rift into the Positive Energy plane

A ring wearer who wants to receive a spell must remove the ring of spell turning to be able to do so.

29th Mar, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Page 38 Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

Elf Bowman says...

Thanks for the help Dungeon Master. I updated my sheet and making the necessary rolls here.By the way guys, I am taking the ring!

Hunter Results:
  • HP on D10 (+1): 8 (1 roll)

29th Mar, 2017 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #
Ardo
Cleric Level 7
Character
Lieutenant / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Falruns

The Arcane says...

Rolls for Hit points. Super busy at work will try to make a quick post in the thread today.

Ardo Results:
  • Hitp oints on D8 (+0): 2 (1 roll)

29th Mar, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #
Hunter
Fighter 5
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Active

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

Elf Bowman says...

Great, got 8, added that to my sheet an now I have 30 HP. That should keep me alive long enough.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters
A Friend

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters - Page 38

Drethen is mostly updated. I will double check the saving throw numbers. I still need to update his Hit points. I will hope for a good roll. I only went up one level from four to five. Am close to level 6 now.

2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:36am / Post ID: #
Gabriel
Paladin lvl 6
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

The Dawn Seeker says...

My apologize for not being very active, I should be able to post tomorrow though for now I have to go to bed. Also, I was planning on showing that Gabriel did still understand his companions if the Dungeon Master though perhaps with limitations. At least consideration for him being able to communicate with them.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:37am

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.