Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 8 of 15

Good fortune Omnusi! Now, Dungeon - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Nov, 2015 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 15 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
This is Dungeons & Dragons 5E. There is a generator available in the Character Sheet. All those interested should follow the Rules in the first Post of this Thread before creating their Character. All questions should also be placed here.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 8

international QUOTE (Ocdelguy)
"Persephone". She deleted my posts. I drew my sword and attacked but she insisted:

I do no know how that is relevant to this game since that happened a month ago but since you chose to bring it up here let me help you as you are having difficulties with this site's Constructive Posting Policy. In checking the log you seem to have your perspective a bit skewed:

1. Ocdelguy Introduction is where you ask for support or make queries if you have questions. It is also a record of your interactions with this site. What happened is listed there.

2. You made a post in this game but instead of writing out what your character does using proper wording you chose to do something like this:

"He uses sword to kill the rat.
He uses sword to kill the rat
He uses sword to kill the rat
He uses sword to kill the rat"

Repeat short text over and over again. You did that so you would not have to write 15 words of value. That is spam and you do it often.

3. Then Attitude said in your introduction,
international QUOTE
Ocdelguy, if you are truly here to role-play in a play by post format based on the terms you agreed to then please do so without posting a lot of repetitive text to by pass the 15 word minimum. If you are going to use your sword against giant rats how hard will it be to state:

"Rhovador Nalo switches to his short sword in a desperate attempt to attack and kill the giant rats in the tunnel"?

She explained that as an example, not because she wanted you to use her text, she is showing you that you could actually role-play rather than spam your character's actions.

I hope that clears up what actually happened and not your interpretation of what happened. Further queries can be taken up in your introduction.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Since Rhovador's player has some resistance to the idea of a party share, perhaps he has an alternate solution?

The party share is not there merely to bilk the players out of a sliver of the treasure. It serves to kit out the group in healing potions and other curative magics to keep the group afloat. If the cleric goes down, you may wish to have those! As stated, this can be pared back when we feel we have enough protection. The third for casting expenses is suggested because unlike any other class abilities, spell-casting has added expenses built into it, from expensive spell components to useful spells that may not be able to be memorized. An Alarm spell, for instance, can be a life-saver when a group has to camp in a dungeon, but at low levels Gradard cannot afford to hold one of his spells known for that spell and still be as functional as a party member with part of his potential tied up in a "Maybe" Spell. The same goes for utility spells like Knock - I notice we have no rogue, so that one could be useful. The final third is for miscellaneous expenses. I used the example of room and board, but it goes beyond that. It also can cover the cost of horses or other transportation, or perhaps a constructed fortress-headquarters the group shares. It can be used for what the group feels is needed, even if individuals use up all their share with their particular idiom (Warriors with weapons and armor, rangers with pet food, priests with tithing, etc.)

My suggestion was made to get the ball rolling. I would like to have a unanimous consensus in this. Any further issues or ideas need to be brought up now, when there may be actual loot to split up, rather than have hard feelings down the road.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Since Rhovador's player has some resistance to the idea of a party share, perhaps he has an alternate solution?

You misunderstand, cleric. I expressed NO resistance whatsoever!

So, so far I've read that we split equally including a "Party Share".
That's 7 shares. Alexi, Brennic, Cadmus, Gradard, Skreed, myself and the party coffer.

Cadmus, there's only 6 of us in the party. So, obviously, I agreed with you previously (About the party coffer as receiving a share) by mentioning 7 shares. The "Party coffer" Is the "Party share" You suggested. They are one and the same!

Still not decided is if to split the coffer an additional 3 ways.

Reading this, I can see how you thought that I (The player) was undecided. I apologize for this. But, this wouldn't be "Resistance", it would be "Indifference". I (As a player) don't care how the split goes. I only asked because I wanted to know how much money I have. I wouldn't want to post something like: "I buy a potion of healing" Only to be admonished by the Dungeon Master: "Where'd you get 50 bucks?"!
Back to the matter at hand, this refers to splitting the "Party share" (And only the "Party share") an additional 3 ways.
By "Still not decided", I mean that there was one expression of indecision. One of the fighters wants to "Lump the party fund together".
So, at this point, it would appear that 4 have expressed indifference. There was a "Sounds good", a "Seems a fair and sensible arrangement", a "happy to go with the consensus" And a "I don't care". So that leaves 2 players: Cadmus and Alexi.

So, it's up to you (Cadmus and Alexi) to hash it out.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding about treasure shares.

Now, as to Persephone.
I didn't mean to have her comment on this thread. I was merely explaining my absence.
When faced with the fact that the Dungeon Master is "Tempted to find other players" And wants to "Kill off a character or two probably" Because I haven't been "Keeping up with regular/semi regular posting", I believe the Dungeon Master should know why I've been unable to post.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

The reason for dividing the party share is to allow the people who need to spend the money access to it fairly without wiping out the party fund completely. I acknowledge that it may be unnecessary. I'm fine with not dividing the party coffers, and letting things stand at seven shares. Agreed? I think we can see the value of such a division.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Skreed agrees. Maybe we could keep track of the parsing of loot here (In this thread) for transparency and reference?

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2015 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My apologies to everyone, especially to the Dungeon Master, but I am stepping away from this site and community due to differences of opinion and philosophy with the administrators of this site. I hope your further adventures are fruitful and enjoyable. Cadmus retires and works on temple responsibilities. The group can keep his share of the first treasure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2015 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 8

Very well Omnusi, shame to see you go. I wish you well. Hopefully we will have one more soon with a bit of luck.

Sounds good on the treasure tracking front if you want to keep track of it here.

Reconcile Edited: Zudguard on 14th Nov, 2015 - 5:05am

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Good fortune Omnusi!

Now, Dungeon Master, about that map...
[Funny. Anytime a player mentions a cartographer, EVERYONE knows what he's after. smile.gif]
What do you suggest?

How does one communicate with the Dungeon Master privately?

Is there a way to upload pictures? For example... A map!

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.