Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 39 of 48

Alexi your first swing misses Mel and your - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2016 - 8:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 48 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 39

Brennic whispers to Gradard.

"Got something with some more bang? Now may be the time."

Louder, to the goblins he will say (In orcish).

"Come then beasts. The same doom awaits you as befell the others that lie ruined within!"

Brennic will move to cover Gradard and advance on the enemy. If he reaches an enemy at the end of his move, he will attack. If that happens to be the one who spoke, then he will take his action surge and attack again.

Reconcile Edited: WilliamD on 11th Jan, 2016 - 4:37am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

With a roar the lion will attack the three goblins closest, biting savagely.

Out of Character: Dungeon master: I have advantage on attack rolls if there's an ally within 5ft. Also, how hard would it be for me to reach the rear where the voice came from? I can jump 25ft after a 10ft running start and my speed is 50ft. If it sounds like my allies are doing badly near the entrance I will disengage and try to help them.

12th Jan, 2016 - 4:45am / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Repentant Soldier says...

Alexi hears Aerendyl roar followed by the sound of combat then sees Brennic charge forward and he curses, "Undisciplined son of a..." He shakes his head. Unsure of what Aerendyl has encountered, whether it was only the goblins or if there were more he is torn on which position he should move to support, but hearing one that he assumes to be a leader of some sort at their rear he ultimately chooses to move to the rear and support Brennic, lighting a torch as he goes and holding it in his shield hand. He will also strike at the nearest enemy that he comes across, but will keep his eye open for the one that appears to be the leader and once identified will focus his attacks on the leader.

Alexi Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+2): 17 (1 roll)
  • Attack (Longsword) on D20 (+5): 6, 11, 20, 21 (4 rolls)
  • Damage (Longsword) on D8 (+3): 7 (1 rolls)

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 39 RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Out of Character:
Don't worry about initiative, We shall continue using the previous one.

Gradard you still need to level up your character.

In Character:

Gradard due to your preparation you let off a firebolt to the speaking figure just as combat is joined. It blazes to hit and the Hobgoblin brushes it off like it was nothing

The Figure that spoke strides to meet you Brennic, "If you insist, the hard way it is then. Mel, watch for their strikes, they have killed several savagely, hurry up now." And you meet in combat. You look up to see a large Hobgoblin towering over you, his leather painted black, highlighted with a dark blue trim. A slightly smaller hobgoblin stands at his side, also ready to fight. The two remaining goblins hang back, drawing their bows.

You swing your warhammer....and then your world goes sideways..... All of a sudden you find yourself on the ground with your vision fading. (Going unconscious). (Yes I did manage 19 damage with his first strike (Bonus called martial advantage for extra damage) so he could finish you off with his second if he hit, and he did)

The others see what happened: The leader suddenly reversed his great sword and slammed the pommel into you twice, once to your solar plexus and once to your temple. "Him next" The leader points towards Gradard, and 'Mel' advances.

Before you can move Gradard, Mel is upon you. This time you see it coming, but cannot move fast enough to block it. The Hobgoblin rams the pommel of his longsword into your solar plexus dealing 8 damage.

On the other side Aerendyl you miss most of the above events (Unless someone calls out) you have your party members and your own combat obstructing your view. But you jump on the nearest goblin and tear him to shreds.

Out of Character:
Now I think things have sufficiently changed to give you guys a chance to respond. We have had part of one turn and I am sure a few people might like to change their action for the turn. I shall sum up what is the current state of the battle to the best of my ability now.

Gradard due to your prep you managed your firebolt before the hobgoblins even through they have a higher initiative but you didn't manage to do much else before one attacked you.

Brennic you advanced upon the enemy but he got his strikes off first, felling you with two non lethal blows, you are down, but there is no need for death saves

Alexi you are next in the turn order, with Gradard being attacked just a few feet away from you, feel free to change what you do this turn. Same with you Skreed, however you are going a little later in the turn order than Alexi.

I hope that is clear, I am trying to take the time to run this complex battle in my head, so if you have any questions feel free to put them on our other thread and I am happy to elaborate if needed.

Health
Brennic: Down (But stable, it was obvious to people watching)
Gradard: 5/13 (Please update you character sheet Gradard for level two, take average HP)
Alexi: 18/21
Skreed: Full
Aerendyl" Full

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Skreed wheels toward the voice at his rear and sees Brennic fallen and Gradard being attacked. A wave of fear and confusion overtakes him for a heartbeat... Followed by the firey flush of rage as his basest survival instincts take over.

(Bonus Action: Rage... Bonus to damage rolls using strength, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage, advantage on strength based saving throws and ability checks)

The Goliath rushes toward the figure he sees attacking the small occultist. A growl thrumming from somewhere in his chest crescendos into a primal shout in a language no one in this cave understands (Including Skreed). He punches his dirk at the hobgoblin's abdomen with force intended to drive it off its feet (Standard attack).

12th Jan, 2016 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

The Repentant Soldier says...

The polar opposite of Skreed, Alexi wears a mask of grim determination and discipline as he sizes up his foes, his hand tightening around the hilt of his blade. He rethinks his initial plan of attacking the apparent leader when he sees Gradard take a hit, opting instead to try and ensure that the party's mage is able to stay on his feet and cast spells.

Alexi attempts to use Skreeds charge to his advantage and tries to attack Mel's flank with a slash of his longsword if/when the hobgoblin turns to meet Skreeds attack.

Out of Character: : I only managed to roll one damage roll, so I included a couple more in the event any of Alexi's attacks find their mark.

Alexi Results:
  • Damage (Longsword) on D8 (+3): 11, 8 (2 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 39

Aerendyl bites the next goblin in the neck with a force that could crush a skull, but at the same time he begins to realise that his friends are gone. A feeling of alarm starts to grow in his shoulders. He roars in the face of the other goblin, hoping to scare it off.

As soon as only one goblin still stands he will run quickly back to see what has happened to his allies, launching himself at one of the hobgoblins - the big one if possible.

Out of Character: Aerendyl will try to pounce on a hobgoblin - the last two rolls are if the hobgoblin fails the strength save. Pounce: If the lion moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target right before hitting it with a claw attack, the target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the lion can take a bonus action to make one bite attack against it.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

Alexi your first swing misses Mel and your heart sinks...

The Goblins behind the leader fire at Gradard and both arrows fly wide breaking upon the cave walls. The two goblins left next to your Aerendyl continue swing their weapons at you. You feel the cold steel of both scimitars slice your flesh. Biting deep the two weapons do a total of 15 damage.

Skreed your dagger rips into Mel, opening up a sizable gash on his side. The hobgoblin gasps, but stays up to deliver the knockout blow to Gradard, barely managing another pommel strike on the small wizard, but managing it none the less.

"Now now, Are you sure you want to do that?" Skreed in your rage you barely hear the words as the hilt of a greatsword comes slamming down dealing 8 damage (After your rage resistance, 16 originally)

Alexi your next attack finally strikes true, laying Mel low, just in time for you to see a yellow streak almost fly into the Leader ramming him into the ground.

The remaining hobgoblin roars. "Get this thing off me! Close in Close in!"

The remaining goblins circle round the melee to strike out at the lion when they can find an opportunity. Two of them find a spot and hack away at the Lion (Aerendyl) dealing massive damage. Aerendyl you feel your grip on this form fade as the animal succumbs to it's wounds, reverting back to your normal shape you feel a slight pain from the attacks (1 damage carried over)

The other two goblins strike out at Skreed with one breaking through your defenses breaking through for a total of 3 damage (Was 6) In response you casually slide your dagger across the neck of said goblin dropping it, gurgling to the ground.

Out of Character:
End of a round.
Health:
Brennic: Down (Stable)
Gradard: Down (Stable)
Alexi: 18/21
Skreed: 11/22
Aerendyl: 16/17 (Back in your normal form, no more lion)

Oh, and Aerendyl you managed to post in the character creation thread, but I did read it and apply it to this post

Reconcile Edited: Zudguard on 12th Jan, 2016 - 8:21pm

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.