Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 47 of 48

(I am assuming you camp at the mouth of the - Page 47 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Feb, 2016 - 7:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 48 pgs.  43 44 45 46 47 48 
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2016 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 47

As you emerge from the cave, the sun has already set. It will take walking through the night to get back to the village, providing nothing goes wrong.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 8:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Aerendyl looks out into the darkness. "Friends, are you sure we shouldn't sleep in the cave? I am weary. If we get no rest we will not heal this night."

Reconcile Edited: Milesprower on 14th Feb, 2016 - 8:02am

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I propose that it may be prudent to stay the night here. We could return in the morning."

17th Feb, 2016 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Page 47 RPG Main Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

The Repentant Soldier says...

Alexi would agree with Gradard "You are probably right, it would be best to travel by day" With that Alexi drops his pack and begins to prepare a space to relax in, getting a small campfire going he lays out his bedroll and produces some rations, washing the dry breadlike substance down with water from his waterskin.

Once his little personal space is prepared he will go about maintaining his gear and equipment, running his whetstone along his blade he occasionally holds the blade up for inspection before returning to its maintenance. After a time Alexi places more wood on the campfire then returns to his bedroll eyeing his companions briefly before speaking.

"I know little about you all" he says "But it would seem that fate has brought us together and this being the case I would choose to know more about those I fight beside. Ideals will often get one to the battle, but it is his companions that see him through it in the end."

Alexi would explain to his companions a little about his past, that he was a soldier in service to a lord by the name of Richmond Berengier though he tends to be somewhat vague about the battles in which he has fought and the role he has played in them. He does say a little bit about his involvement in the campaign against a particular warlord (I will leave the name to Skreed) and notes that he remembers seeing goliaths not unlike Skreed during this campaign, though he expresses his relief that he never had to fight against such an imposing figure on the field of battle.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2016 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Having stood silently leaning against a wall of the cave while others debated whether to stay or go, his unease with this place plainly discernible to anyone who looked, Skreed breaks into the first silence that presents itself.

"My people dwell in the mountains, North of North. Though... I barely remember that place. I was taken from there with the rest of the children of my village when I was very young." He holds an open hand to the unfinished markings burned into his chest and shoulders as if anyone in the cave would recognize these as a cultural marker of age.

"Few of us survived the long march south through the mountains. Some where cut down trying to flee or fell to exposure. The few who survived the march were treated as mules once we arrived at Heimat, and were claimed by fever the following year.

"This one..." He pauses to find the right words. "This one did as the men told him. Especially Lord Mors and his captains.

In time, my obedience gained me some freedom in Heimat. 'Lord Mors' executioner'... Though he often left the condemned to his inquisitors. My axe was saved for those who'd outlived their usefulness. A reminder to the men not to return from their raids emptyhanded."

Skreed goes on to explain that the year prior, an elderly Goliath woman, Yegga, was brought to Heimat in shackles. Yegga, he explains, became something of a motherly figure to Skreed and taught him about their shared heritage... And while Skreed does not go into detail about the incident he makes it clear that Mors' men assaulted Yegga, injuring her grievously, and that upon finding her, Skreed flew into a rage, murdered her assailants in their drunken sleep and fled Heimat in the dead of night. Yegga died as a result of her wounds and Skreed laid her to rest as well as he could before striking south. It was around this time he began suffering the dreams.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2016 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Realising that they are all staying Brennic sits by the fire and listens to his companions. At the end of Skreed's sad tale he rubs his chin as if in a moment of thought, but it passes.

"Those are grim tales of grim lives led. But perhaps this is a new beginning, a chance to make new deeds to outshine past ones and even redress what was done to you.

Much about myself, you already know. Until a few months ago I was free gladiator at Lugdunu under the tutelage of Gotbric. I was good, am good. I drew a crowd when I fought and enjoyed the bawdy, athletic life.

I am not sure how it all went wrong. Gotbric was a gambling man and had debts, it is true but that can be said of any schoolmaster. It kind of goes with the territory. Then the creditors descended on him and he lost everything. He implored me to leave town lest they take my arms as well. It was a strange thing. Not long after, the nightmares began. They are strange too, but I do not worry. The Divines Tymora and Sune smile upon me and so I feel nothing truly bad that I cannot overcome will afflict me.

And that is me. I find myself in good company on what may prove to be a great quest. We will set things to right. I can feel it."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2016 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 47

When his turn comes, Aerendyl speaks up.

"It is good to learn about you all, thank you for sharing your stories. I have been travelling with you knowing only the few things Cadmus mentioned before I left the temple.

I am a druid, as you all know, but I became one by accident. I was born in the forests of Callabree, in part of a large elvish settlement, but my family were traders, so I spent my early years in caravans. My parents were liked well enough by our fellow elves but being traders we were not home long enough to form any strong ties with society. We also traded with the eastern orc tribes, which was frowned upon more and more as the orcs became more aggressive. One day, when I was barely 13, we were in a border village and one of the tribes carried out a raid. My father, knowing some of the orcs, bravely confronted them and tried to persuade them to stand down. But his request was denied. The orc captain took him and my mother captive, and they burned the village.

I had been in the back of the caravan and my mother had been watching the negotiations. When it went badly for my father she gave me the signal and I slipped out the back and ran into the forest. I wandered randomly in the forest for maybe two days before I stumbled on a protected circle. This was a secret meeting place of a druidic grove, the Shepherds of the Vale. One of the men took my appearance as a sign - he took me in as his acolyte and trained me to protect all living things.

When I was older I began to travel to other groves and now and then stayed at temples that would grant me quiet refuge. It was at Cadmus' temple that I began having the dream you described. Having known him for some years I mentioned it to him and he told me that all of you had had the same dream. He had to leave, so I set out to find you alone, hoping that we could work together to solve the mystery.

My parents are still often in my thoughts - though I've not seen them since that day near the village. They may still be alive and I would like to know what became of them."

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2016 - 7:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 47

(I am assuming you camp at the mouth of the cave) The embers of your fire burn low as you talk the night away. As you each spend your watch away the crackle of the fire keeps you company. The stars of the night sky come out, sparkling, shimmering. The moon appears, rising up over the horizon. As it reaches the peak of it's course it forms a pretty little pattern of 6 other stars in a circle. The Moon making up the circle at the top. Two nearby planets inside the circle shine brightly a little apart from each other.

The night passes peacefully, and you all achieve a long rest.

As you head back to the village of Brixia, you pass your side trip led by that snoring goblin, and then make good time reaching the hamlet.

+  « First of 48 pgs.  43 44 45 46 47 48 

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.