Malcolmshaw Introduction - Page 6 of 8

Congratulations. Where do you get time to - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 10th May, 2016 - 3:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 5th May, 2016 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw Introduction
A Friend

Malcolmshaw Introduction - Page 6

Looking for some advice.

One of the Post-Apocalyptic Role-playing Games I played in my younger years, has just had a make over.

1) It is not the same system.
2) It is not published by the original development company.
3) It will not be available until later this year.

My questions

1) May I start a review for "The New Life" version of this classic game, RIFTS by Palladium?

2) Is it possible to redirect viewers from other threads to my review? Specifically those searching Hellgate London and RIFTS, maybe putting a link to "The New Life" review in those threads.

3) Realizing that "The New Life" version is due for production later this year, could I begin working on the details for the Play By Post game on this site?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th May, 2016 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Malcolmshaw

international QUOTE (Malcolmshaw)
May I start a review for "The New Life" version of this classic game, RIFTS by Palladium?

Sure, so long as it is not the same as this: Rifts Role-playing Game otherwise you could continue there?

international QUOTE
Is it possible to redirect viewers from other threads to my review? Specifically those searching Hellgate London and RIFTS, maybe putting a link to "The New Life" review in those threads.

Are you referring to the online video game or a Play By Post game? You want both to go to your review or just know about your review as a related link?

international QUOTE
... Could I begin working on the details for the Play By Post game on this site?

As in you plan on running a Play By Post on this site later based on a system not yet out? How is that possible? How will you know about their policy with regards to using their 'name', etc.?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th May, 2016 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw Introduction
A Friend

Malcolmshaw Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Savage Worlds has converted RIFTS. The production is scheduled here shortly, probably within the month after the Kickstarter ends on May 19th. While the digital copy will be available immediately (Jun 2016), the printed copy isn't due to ship for several months (Nov 2016).

Only reason I mention a redirect for Hellgate London and RIFTS, is because Hellgate London servers got closed down earlier this year and RIFTS now has the Savage Worlds conversion. The redirect would be to first, a Play by Post review of Savage RIFTS to garner interest.

In my honest opinion, RIFTS Role-playing Game was the best system to run a Hellgate London-esque Role-playing Game. RIFTS captured the gore, bleakness, and massiveness of Hellgate London, before HGL ever got published. It was one of the reasons why I played HGL.

I am planning a Play by Post game of Savage Rifts as soon as I have the digital materials, possibly as early as July 2016.

Post Date: 6th May, 2016 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 6 Introduction Malcolmshaw

If you are talking about only RIFTS Role-playing Game by Savage Worlds in general then you will need to label it as such here: Board, Card, & Role-playing Game Reviews by starting a new Thread.

If you are talking about your RIFTS Campaign using the new Savage World's system then you would start the usual "Malcomshaw RIFTS by Savage Worlds Role-playing Game Review".

As for the other Threads being redirected I do not think it is necessary as you will be featuring a new system just with the same theme. Even so if I remember I will post a related link in the current RIFTS Role-playing Game Thread to your new one as a reference.

Members will find your Thread easily via the Search feature once it is indexed. I hope that answers your questions, if you still need clarification please let me know.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 6th May, 2016 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Malcolmshaw

Thank you sir. I will get started on the threads necessary here after delivery of number six is complete (Probably Tuesday of next week).

Thanks again for the clarification.

Post Date: 8th May, 2016 - 10:00am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Malcolmshaw Introduction

In this Thread: Rifts Role-playing Game By Savage Worlds, it seems you were quoting something that did not make it. Were you quoting from a Word document? Please send the original text to my Email (I have sent you one in advance to Reply) so I can have a look.

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw Introduction
A Friend

Malcolmshaw Introduction - Page 6

Well, I am just clearing a very busy five days.

Wife delivered number six quite superbly and the family is in the process of acclimation and adjusting. I myself am looking forward to committing some more time to writing and character development.

Also I am working on getting decent reviews and details written up for the Savage Rifts/ Rifts for Savage Worlds. Looking forward to this game being released.

Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Malcolmshaw Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

Congratulations. Where do you get time to see about gaming with all those little Malcomshaws running around?

Blog Read My Blog
+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,