Star Wars' Images Question - Page 2 of 3

I wouldn't say I've been threatening - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Jan, 2016 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars' Images Question
A Friend

Star Wars' Images Question - Page 2

Information gathered, thanks JB.

Well, so where do we go from here?

Star Wars is out, maybe we could find or create something similar.

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2015 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Question Images Wars Star

Well, my question was answered so Image usage for Star Wars is out along with their names, music, etc.:

international QUOTE
Please note that any unauthorized use of these names, characters, music and images would, at a minimum, be inappropriate.

Also, since this is not an issue anymore we can keep Discussion of your future Role-playing Game to here: Malcolmshaw's Star Wars Role-playing Game Review rather than spread it across the three Star Wars related Threads.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Star Wars' Images Question Reviews RPG & Card Board

Understood. Thanks for letting me at least put out my ideas and analysis of each of the systems.

Sorry that we could not make Star Wars here a reality.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 2 Question Images Wars Star

Name: Michael

Comments: Well if this is the case then Wookiepedia, numerous fan-based websites, meme maker sites, and any number of various individual non-profit sites are all in trouble. If they believe it is worth the effort to attempt to track & close down each and every one or take them to court over a legal dispute such as using images then they really don't have anything better to do with their time. Personally I say go for it! Just make sure you not charging anything otherwise you may draw down the hounds of hell upon yourself!

30th Sep, 2015 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Question Images Wars Star

I rather not. I have done something like that in the past and a disgruntled player tried to cause trouble. So while LucasArts may not want to 'attack' any fan sites I rather not attempt anything that will cause me to have to remove it later.

12th Jan, 2016 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

There are Star Wars Fansite Kits for Star Wars games, most notably The Old Republic. That would give you legal images you could use, and the Old Republic Era is one of the best to set games in, because it's the Wild West. You don't need to worry about canon looming over your head and everyone can swing around light sabers if they wish.

Then it's just a matter of system. D20 and West End Games versions are dead, so you can't get permission from those companies. FFG is fan friendly (And the best game for Star Wars thus far) so you could reach out to them. That said, Star Wars is such a strong setting, you could run it with whatever system you want. Fate Accelerated, for example, is Creative Commons and can run any darn thing you want. Savage Worlds is a popular game and has numerous Fan Made Star Wars hacks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2016 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars' Images Question - Page 2

international QUOTE (Corinthi)
FFG is fan friendly...

I do not know if they can give permission to use in Play By Post though and Malcomshaw attempted to contact them about it but they did not respond.

international QUOTE
That would give you legal images you could use...

I will have to read the exact terms for that. You can please use the Contact Page to send me whatever info you have on it.

international QUOTE
Savage Worlds is a popular game and has numerous Fan Made Star Wars hacks.

Malcomshaw has been threatening that a long time but has not made it a reality yet. This is the specific Thread you can use for variants in other systems: Malcolmshaw's Star Wars Role-playing Game Review.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Star Wars' Images Question Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I wouldn't say I've been threatening I did have options if anybody's interested I have fan made Star Wars for Savage Worlds.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Star Wars' Images Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,