Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 5 of 14

Name: Kaylan Title: Game ideas Comments: Malcolmshaw, - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 18th Oct, 2015 - 10:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »
Best of  Which PBP RPGs Want Play Raising The Dead Or Defunct Role-Playing Games
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?
A Friend

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 5

It is not my place to say yea or nay to anyone one's opinion or choice.

This particular post is to garner the interest and specify what those interests are.

Glancario:
My only concern with 4Ed Dungeons & Dragons is its ability to skillfully played without moving pieces across a physical map and board. I have played 4Ed as a Play by Post and it is challenging without reference points. Uploading maps and maintaining spacial awareness can be pretty complicated for a Play by Post.

John:
What were the things you liked about RQ2Ed that you think were poorly done in other iteration or that may have been left out that you feel should have been included?

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2015 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

I thought I remember seeing you advertising something about a Star Wars Role-playing Game on here, what happened to that?

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? Reviews RPG & Card Board

Txtrpg:
We ran into a licensing issue with Lucas Arts Ltd. As much as I would like to run a Star Wars game here, legally can't do it.

Please excuse any confusion. I will continue answer any questions in regards to the published Star Wars Role-playing Games in the appropriate forums:

Star Wars Role-playing Game - Paper

Or

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars Role-playing Game Review

Looking forward to any other questions you might have.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

Couldn't you just adapt the FE system to a different setting? Like, WW2 Eurpope? Nobody holds a copyright on history, and there is tons of source material.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

KenGreen:

Sorry I can't find a reference in this thread for FE. What does the abbreviate stand for?

And I agree, no one holds a copyright on history.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh, sorry. I meant 'Future Earth', the science fiction game that JB is running. It seems that could be adapted, thus sidestepping any legal issues.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play - Page 5

There are plenty of possibilities. Maybe we could sculpt a Victorian Steampunk game.

World War 2. Savage Worlds has their Weird Wars that is quite a unique world.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Name: Kaylan

Title: Game ideas

Comments: Malcolmshaw,
Like you I don't have any interest in Dungeons & Dragons games and their like. I used to GM the 7th Order (Cardassian game in ST universe) but I've not had interest in going back into Trek games in years. I prefer free-form play-by-email games with a small group who like to WRITE. I like to read the details of the characters, their personalities and histories. I'm interested in hearing your ideas if you wish to share, too?

It's good to place a game in a well-known universe, but perhaps in a different part of it. For example, I once had a character in a Star Wars game that was a Royal Guard for Palpatine. But I made the character part of this noble circle of soldiers who were from this ancient knighthood Order. The origin was never to serve a dark leader, but the Guards felt obligated to continue their service. A whole story concept could have been molded on this idea.

You sound like you'd be a great GM and have a seriousness to your writing which I would much respect.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,