MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign Review

Michaelc' S Call Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Oct, 2015 - 11:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Call of Cthulhu, 6th Edition rules (Open to 7th Edition if enough people have access to the rulebooks and interest). New to this site, still learning this side of it. Modern setting, 4-6 players. Campaign will be a combination of self-written scenarios and published ones, which will be altered to fit the campaign, characters and to minimize any predictability. Since this is Call of Cthulhu, not a bad idea to have a second character in mind at all times. Any profession or line of interest is acceptable, but we will need to work out some level of backstory for how the characters know each other, if possible.

The city of Arkham, Massachusetts is our start point, and there is a feeling of panic among the populace. Six people have died in the last month, with another four missing. There is a common denominator, the bodies have been mutilated to some extent. Details have been kept from the public, but rumors indicate that all organs from the torso appear to have been removed in five of the six killings, with most of them from the last one, indicating the process may have been interrupted. There is also, according to rumor, evidence the victims were kept alive through the process. The disappearance of a relative in the middle of all this has one of you concerned, and the others curious. Can your group stop whatever is behind this before more die?

Sponsored Links:
11th Oct, 2015 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ed th Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

MichaelC, you're off to a good start and I hope to see many become joined to it so you can make good use of the new Mystery & Horror Role-playing Game section. Although, that new Board has a darker feel and related Character Avatars I will expand the themes as your game grows more in popularity.

11th Oct, 2015 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

What's the learning curve like for Call Of Cthulhu if you haven't played it before? What other role-play system is it similar to?

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So I would definitely like to join in, but the question is how? Do I get the rule book and create my character and send you all my info? I'm only a little bit familiar with this kind of game. Do you, as the GM, post the scene and then we, as the players, post what we do? Do we all role our own dice, or is there an online roller that you use. I'm sorry for all the questions.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

RobertNigro and BattleAxe, for the Cthulhu game MichaelC will answer, for the rest I can help you.

international QUOTE (RobertNigro)
Do we all role our own dice, or is there an online roller that you use.

There is an embedded anti-cheat dice system: Embeded Dice System. You might want to look over this: Text Role-playing Game Character Creator it allows you to create your own Character here as well.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank you for your reply, and thank you all for your questions. To address the specific questions, Call of Cthulhu is based on the Basic Role Playing game system, and if you've played Runequest as well, you have the basics. The overall game is based largely on resistance rolls of stat versus stat, an skill rolls based on percentages. I will be happy to help as needed with character creation, but I also admit I will be learning this system as well. I will be posting a situation, you will post replies, and I will respond to your posts. I will be answering daily, and will call for rolls as necessary, so you will be looking at an ultimate three day response on actions, or I may impose a call for a number of rolls when we enter a 'high number of rolls called for' situation.

Call of Cthulhu is largely based on the fiction of and/or inspired by H. P. Lovecraft, so your characters are always at risk of physical harm, and damage to their sanity. I will address any further questions, but I do not want to make this post too long, and it's already scrolled a few times.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Oct, 2015 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign Review

MichaelC, I am willing to add a Cthulhu d20 Character Generator to the Text Role-playing Game Creator. It is a D20 version, would that suit your game?

international QUOTE (RobertNigro)
Do I get the rule book and create my character and send you all my info?

Just to clarify. When MichaelC has at least two Players in waiting then he will create a Character Creation Thread and you can post your Character there or within your Character Sheet and he can look it over. This Thread is just to recruit Players and see who is interested first.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

I can work with a d20 generator. I may do some 'off camera' adjustments to reflect 6th edition better, but we can use the d20 mechanics in the game

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,