Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 5 of 15

Actually I slipped up - it's Stealth - Page 5 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 20th Nov, 2015 - 10:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
Discuss  Aericsteele' s Traveller Character Creation Make sure to read the first Post of this Thread for instructions about creating your Character.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 5

Dungeon Master, I did reroll using the Mongoose chargen, and updated it. I think I'm now ex-Navy...

Yeah, I can live with this guy. He cool for school?

Reconcile Edited: Fusil on 20th Nov, 2015 - 4:19am

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2015 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Good deal, I think everyone looks good then. I will hopefully have the opening post for the Main Thread up tomorrow. I will need to look through and update any ship shares that the characters earned during the generation process and put it toward the mortgage on the Free Trader. I am hoping to set up the opening post in a way that will make this something of a sandbox style game with a great deal of freedom for you guys to roam if you choose to, but there will also be options for running various missions or taking on other tasks. Hopefully if all goes well you will be able to push the game in whatever direction you would like to see it go making more of a true Traveller campaign with a little bit of everything; we shall see I suppose.

20th Nov, 2015 - 6:12am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

My character sheet has been updated as requested!

I propose that in order to find background connections we go through each others character sheets and check the terms to see if we can create some connections.

We can find all of the characters under GM Stats at the top of this thread.

So for example: Maiokus and SilverTongue could have met while SilverTongue was undercover. Perhaps they assisted one another with some corporate interference or something like that. Each would gain a skill as long as it fits into a reasonable common narrative.

Another connection could be that Shuth was the doctor that worked on Maiokus after his injury in term 1. Perhaps Maiokus returned the favor and helped him out because due to the doctor's good work he came out of the injury with minimal permanent damage to his mobility.

Though bear in mind skills gained by connections cannot push a skill above rank 3.

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 20th Nov, 2015 - 6:19am

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Aericsteele and any other knowledgable Traveller players.

What follows is my skill list. Notice that the skills are not tallied, so I need to ask a couple of questions.

1) What does a "ZERO" After a skill mean?

2) If you have multiple listings of one skill, (For example "CAROUSE" In my four ORIGIN skills), should that count as "CAROUSE 1" Or is that just "CAROUSE 0"?

3) With a "ZERO" Value skill, the first time it is trained/learned in character development, (For example, "STREETWISE"), is its total value just 1 or would it be more?

Skills:(Accumulate skills per rules)
ORIGIN Streetwise-0
Carouse-0
Carouse-0
Computer-0

CAREER Streetwise-0
Drive(Any)-0
Investigate-0
Computers-0
Recon-0
Gun Combat(Any)-0

Athletics(Any)
Deception
Stealth
Deception-1
Stealth
Melee(Any)
Athletics(Any)
Drive(Any)-1
Investigate-1
Stealth
Stealth
[*] Streetwise
Persuade
Investigate
Gun Combat(Any)-1
Deception

Thanks ahead of time folks, I do appreciate the info.

20th Nov, 2015 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Sorry, been busy for a while ( and offline most of the day ), I'm not up to date - am I re-rolling with Marks online chargen tool? I'll get on that tonight if so ( I'l be back in about 9 hours ).

I'm afraid that in Mongoose core rules all those 0-level Carouse skills add up to one 0 level skill.( I house-ruled that they counted as .5 to stack because my players were so forthright in their feelings about "The Rules" ). In the listing spat out by the chargen tool it just puts down each skill as you earn it in order. Multiple instances of a skill without a 0 ( I.e. Carouse or Carouse 1 ) do stack ( to make Carouse 2).

I would make that list into:

Streetwise 1
Carouse-0
Computer-0
Recon-0
Athletics(Any) 2 ( or two different @ 1 )
Deception 3
Stealth 2
Melee(Any) 1
Drive(Any)-1
Investigate-2
Stealth 2
Persuade
Gun Combat(Any)-1

- Because Drive and Gun Cbt are cascades I think you get level 0 in the other specialities, so I took out the level 0 listing for those, although in theory you could keep them to show familiarity.

You might want to re-order the list by skill level or alphabet, I just compiled my way down it. rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 20th Nov, 2015 - 1:40pm

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Good to know you are alive Bindoner.

Thanks for your input, maybe we can pull together a consensus here and Aericsteele will implement his first house rule.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Nov, 2015 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 5

This is The Cynic, over...

Bindoner's consolidation is right as far as I can tell.

To answer your third question, the "Value" Of a level 0 skill is 0 when counted towards training new skills, so I assume that is their value.

20th Nov, 2015 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 5

Rebel over...

Actually I slipped up - it's Stealth 4 ( I had it as Stealth 2 twice ).
You're right Maiokus, if you increase the level of Carouse 0 by 1 you get Carouse 1.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,