Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 4 of 149

"A ship as old as Wildcard, we'll - Page 4 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 30th Nov, 2015 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
29th Nov, 2015 - 4:24am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 4

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : That's a good idea, Silvertongue. If we take the job I think you ought to handle communications. In the mean time perhaps you could find some information on Allen Crane. If he's some sort of mad scientist it would be good to know beforehand.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: "Allen Crane, let me see what my contacts have to say about him. I still have connections in the corporate sector."

*Note to Referee, what is the chance that Dr. Crane was an associate that turned on Marq Frazure? Reference the Life Events on my character sheet.

Out of Character: Would someone mind giving me the bonuses for my attributes? See reference in Character Generation post.

29th Nov, 2015 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Sounds good. Let's rally back on the ship in about 2 hours. If anyone runs into Doc bring him along.

Maiokus makes for the exit of the Dead Spacer and starts to look around for a weapons and ammunition shop.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: Silvertongue nods at Maiokus's suggestion and begins his own search through various networks and connections. Any information on Crane, without triggering any flags, hopefully.

29th Nov, 2015 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

Krakrefr stays a bit at the table. He finishes his drink and then he goes on his way to find Doc.
"Either way, it is not easy to access my contacts from Regina, especially in public. I will check when I get to my cabin.", he tells to himself.

29th Nov, 2015 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

The Referee relays...

Shuth
After some time haggling over the price of the robot you find that you cannot get Karmina to go any lower than 48,000Cr. "I'm sorry" she says "But 48,000 credits is the best I can do."
Out of Character: The roll should have been 2d6; I rolled manually for you this time (3,4 for a total of seven) you add 1 for your social modifier and subtract 2 from the difficulty modifier so the final result is 6. The way I handled this was by referencing the modified price chart on pg. 164

Njall
You are able to find a place that sells engineering tools easily enough at the Starport Mall. Engineering kits will cost 1,000Cr. And a kit is required for each specialty. In other words, a kit would be needed to conduct repairs on the maneuver drive, a different kit for the jump drive, and a different kit for ships power/power plant, etc.

Silvertongue
Allen Crane is unknown to you. The only contact you gained during character generation would have been a rival who betrayed you and you also have a significant other, but neither of these have been developed further (Something that you will need to do before we go much further); the way the life event reads I would almost suggest that your significant other is the one who betrayed you because the life event references turning an a contact or ally into a rival.

You can attempt to access the terminal or ships computer (As it is currently hooked up to the local net) to look for more information on Allen Crane. Roll your computer + Intelligence; in your attempts to find information on Dr. Crane you actually find that there are few references to him aside from the fact that he is registered with the Imperium as a researcher who primarily deals in the Life Sciences. Digging much deeper will be difficult and impose a -2 dice modifier to your computer roll.

Maiokus
The Mall's primary dealer in personal weapons and armor is owned by the Miltech Mega Corporation. Weapons and armor generally cost more due to the worlds high law level. While the Starport is imperial territory and therefore not subject to the world's laws, the fact that the world does not manufacture/sell these items drives the cost up as they must be imported. This being the case many items are going to be at around 150% or more of base value. Items of TL13+ will be even more expensive for the same reason (Supply is more limited).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2015 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 4

Shuth will take the medic robot and tell them where they can install it so that it can be done. He then asks her for some medical supplies that he can carry with him and have on board the ship.

30th Nov, 2015 - 12:37am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 4

Rebel over...

"A ship as old as Wildcard, we'll need a full set. J-Drive, M-Drive, power, life, electrics, mechanic. What price for the lot, delivered?"

Use Persuade to try for a bulk-purchase discount of 25%

Now for some spares. A Repair Robot with a couple of expert program wafers would be useful too. Njall will start looking for a more "Working man's" bar, to find someone who can put him on to a good cheap scavenger/repair yard where spare parts and such can be had.

I assume I use Streetwise for this

I'm going to try attaching two rolls:

Njall Nail Lang Results:
  • Persuade on D12 (+1): 12 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Streetwise on D12 (+1): 5 (1 roll, as D2-12)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (149) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,