Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 8 of 149

"I can help whenever you want me.", - Page 8 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 9:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2015 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 8

In Character: "I don't trust the scientist. The material he is after, is very rare. Other scientists familiar with the material have made an alternate substance that performs the same, costs less, and easier to reproduce."

"The security surrounding this substance will be pretty extreme. We will need more information from the scientist."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Out of Character: Yes Shuth is good at computers too if you need someone to operate some computer stuff. Plus I have some training in the sciences too that could come in handy.

In Character: Shuth will head down to sick bay area and get on the computer to see what all he can find out about Rule and what we may be dealing with there so he can prepare for possible ways of helping the crew recover.

3rd Dec, 2015 - 2:34am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus nods in agreement with Silvertongue. "Alright, lets see what we can find out. Perhaps we can get more information on this chemical and this fountain of youth project."

Maiokus grins slyly, "And perhaps we can negotiate a higher payout. I'll start plotting a course for jump before we undock."

Maiokus turns to the ship's astrogation system and begins plotting a jump course for Ruie.

Out of Character: : Astrogation check (+1 INT +2 astrogation skil)

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 3rd Dec, 2015 - 2:54am

Maiokus Results:
  • Astrogation Check on D6 (+0): 5, 6 (2 rolls)

3rd Dec, 2015 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Page 8 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Shuth
Arriving in sick bay, in this case a converted passenger state room, you are immediately relieved that you purchased the autodoc. Two men in brown overalls are finishing the installation of the unit and you quickly observe that without it your resources in sick bay would be limited to a few bandages, syringes, and other very basic medical supplies haphazardly placed in drawers and cabinets with no apparent organization.

A bed lies near the middle of the room and the autodoc has been installed in an attachment that allows the main unit to maneuver on a crane like arm that is attached to a circular rail on the ceiling which allows the robot to move around the bed in a 360 degree pattern easily. The main unit consists of a medium size display attached to a square body with a pair of protruding "Arms." Positioned in the middle of the circular rail is a rounded metal base unit that contains various medical supplies (Equivalent of a med kit) that the crane and its various appendages can access. Aside from the main unit, there are two other "Arms" of the robot that extend from the ceiling and end in appendages that can be removed to allow for different attachments including scalpels and other cutting instruments, diagnostic tools, or other combinations to allow the robot to perform, or assist, in a variety of tasks.

"You're all set" the taller and leaner of the two men announces as you enter "If you have any questions or issues you can go to any robotics store owned by Naasirka Corporation and they should honor the warranty and be able to assist you. I'll tell you though, electrical and circuitry on this boat are all scrambled. We did our best to hook her up to the ships computer core, and it seems to link up for now anyway but you push it too hard and she may fry some of your circuits...keep in mind that's not covered under your warranty." .

The men wish you luck and offer to give your a brief tutorial, but being a doctor you've worked with autodocs many times and are familiar enough with the unit/model that you are confident you can operate it effectively. You access the computer's core via the autodoc to search for information on Ruie:

The world is tagged as an amber zone due to the current volatility of the world's balkanized state and the fact that many of the world's nations do not view the Imperium, or offworlders in general, in a very positive light and in some instances are downright hostile. Imperial citizens are warned that political boundaries and jurisdictions are often convoluted and vague and laws and regulations can vary greatly from one entity to the other. Off worlders are subject to planetary laws and the Imperium has no jurisdiction to intervene in the event a citizen is arrested for violations of the laws.

In 1107 the Zhodani used the system as a staging area for its assault on the Third Imperium which sparked the Fifth Frontier War. At wars end the Imperium stationed a fleet in the system in order to ensure its "Protection" and though the fleet has been significantly scaled down, now only consisting of a small destroyer detachment, it is still being closely monitored for possible Zhodani activity.

"In addition to Ruie Startown, other major settlements on Ruie include Siirgi City, Sula, Khagin, Irshi, and Kisi." (Traveller Wiki); you are reminded during your search that Ruie Startown, is not an Imperial starport and thus local laws are in effect within the confines of the spaceport.

Maiokus
You are able to quickly plot the jump to Ruie, taking only ten minutes or so to make it happen.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: "Let me know when you want me to bring up the Doctor on a Holocall. In the meantime I am going to begin coming through security data on the facility where this compound is being held. Maybe Shuth can determine the major differences between the synth-compounds and the expensive compound."

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Enerii checks ships stores to see what kind of spare parts are laying around in case the hardware goes to Miami, and sees if there's something he can put over the exposed wiring to keep the rest of the crew from pouring kaff all over it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:18am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 8

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : "Silvertongue, contact him whenever you're ready. We're plotted and ready to jump as soon as we undock and reach a safe distance from the starport. Probably best to reach him before we undock though."

Out of Character: : Referee, would you prefer that we roll for time as well when we make our skill checks?

Shuth: You're social science skills and physical science skills might be useful in determining and searching more information about Ruie and the chemical the scientist wants.

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:24am

3rd Dec, 2015 - 9:20am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 8

This is Kanin, over...

"I can help whenever you want me.", tells the Vargr, "Don't forget, I have always my personal drone next to me, so you can call me everywhere.". Vargr sits to the co-pilot seat and checks the course that Maiokus plotted.
He turns to his comrades, "By the way, anyone has the number of Enerii? I want him to buy me a set of binoculars. And I want to check the area map when we find more information, maybe there will be some nasty surprises (Recon skill)."

Out of Character: Krakrefr has Mechanic skill, so he can help in engineering under the Engineer's commands. Mechanic can repair only stuff but has no speciality as Engineer. Also he can Pilot (0) the Wildcard (But I prefer to do it in an emergency as others have higher skill in that) and Computers 1. Anywhere the crew needs he has no problem (Apart the -Dungeon Master ofcourse). Assume that when in the ship he will always has his Personal Drone with him.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,